Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• rainbowbowrainbowbow Posts: 7,497Member Member Posts: 7,497Member Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I also prefer large volumes of food, but I don't really eat fruits or veggies, so it is something I struggle with. Following along for, hopefully, some good ideas.

My best addition to this thread, though it's not "real food" is probably going to be protein fluff. Basically, 1 scoop of casein, 10ish oz of a liquid, and a little xanthan gum, then whip the hell out of it... ends up having the consistency very similar to mousse or whipped cream.

Do you know how well this works with a whey or blended protein? Because that looks good!

I've done it with whey and while it works, i think that obviously pure casein has a thicker and more pleasant texture. You might need to use more xantham to get your to work.

either way, despite having made this many many times... i'm actually not really a fan of fluff. it looks cool, but man it is hard for me to eat.
  • MelanieCN77MelanieCN77 Posts: 3,389Member Member Posts: 3,389Member Member
    Yes, this is my preference! This week I did a bunch of rice and veggie mashups but minimal rice and finely chopped cauli and broccoli to bulk out the dish. I'll also do a bed of arugula/baby kale or whatever under any main meal, my zucchini ribbons and bolognese or whatever, to get full. I love the tomato salad idea, I might do that today.
  • Sabine_StroehmSabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,260Member, Premium Member Posts: 19,260Member, Premium Member
    I also prefer large volumes of food, but I don't really eat fruits or veggies, so it is something I struggle with. Following along for, hopefully, some good ideas.

My best addition to this thread, though it's not "real food" is probably going to be protein fluff. Basically, 1 scoop of casein, 10ish oz of a liquid, and a little xanthan gum, then whip the hell out of it... ends up having the consistency very similar to mousse or whipped cream.

Do you know how well this works with a whey or blended protein? Because that looks good!

Kinda looks like the sugar free dessert at Sweet Tomatoes/Souplantation.
    I may have to try this, with something like sugar free chocolate syrup or something.
  • bbell1985bbell1985 Posts: 4,582Member Member Posts: 4,582Member Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »

I've done it with whey and while it works, i think that obviously pure casein has a thicker and more pleasant texture. You might need to use more xantham to get your to work.

either way, despite having made this many many times... i'm actually not really a fan of fluff. it looks cool, but man it is hard for me to eat.

Yea... it's definitely not as good as it sounds. But it is filling, and that's generally why I make it. Eating 2/3 of a bowl of that stuff is usually enough to make me feel full (bloated?) to the point where I actually don't want to eat anymore, and I can't say that very often.

It's also good as a a topping for things like pie, cookies, cake, etc. I'll have some vanilla with a brownie or angel food cake, and it's enough to make me feel like I've eating A LOT more than I actually have. It doesn't satisfy my sweet tooth, but it satisfies my inner glutton.

Because it whips up into so much volume, the taste ends up being a bit more bland than I would have expected. It also ends up being somewhere between chilled and room temperature, so it's almost like eating, I dunno what... shaving foam, maybe??? I'm going to try adding some crushed ice next time to see if I can keep it colder.

That's why I don't like this recipe. If you use water and ICE or frozen fruit, it comes out cooler. Ice is a game change. It actually fluffs better this way too.
  • leanitup123leanitup123 Posts: 489Member Member Posts: 489Member Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Guys, when I eat Fage I eat the whole 460 gram medium tub. I don't screw around with volume lol. Currently eating 4 chicken hot dogs.

I do the same! With an entire container of raspberries.

I don't have room for fruit with my poverty macros. Actually I ate a bunch of animal crackers today. I guess I could have.

Stalking your diary and our meal preferences are literally the same. Damn.
    Guys, when I eat Fage I eat the whole 460 gram medium tub. I don't screw around with volume lol. Currently eating 4 chicken hot dogs.

I don't have room for fruit with my poverty macros. Actually I ate a bunch of animal crackers today. I guess I could have.

Oh that's a hot dog salad for dinner every night lol.

My day was weird today. I was grading 4th grade state science tests and I just kept cramming animal crackers in my face.

My day was weird today. I was grading 4th grade state science tests and I just kept cramming animal crackers in my face.

Haha I mean the bags of salad, Quest bars, pints of ice cream and Fage >:)

You should really get on the hot dog salad band wagon though. I'm really trying to make this explode but no one is having it.

Hey totally on board -- I'm a fan of the Billinksi brand chicken sausage. Love the spinach/feta!

You should really get on the hot dog salad band wagon though. I'm really trying to make this explode but no one is having it.

Hey totally on board -- I'm a fan of the Billinksi brand chicken sausage. Love the spinach/feta!

I used to eat that every night. Put it in a shirataki mac n' cheese.