Options
    hcdo wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    nowine4me wrote: »
    What kind of PP did you use? Was it whey or whey/casein blend? Plant based powders really don’t work well. And does your milk have fat (or did you add anything with fat, like peanut butter, nuts, etc)? Any fat will make it not fluff.

That.
    Regarding PP kind, I found it does not really matter.

Hmmm.... okay, so I tried a different milk and a different protein powder, but I still got the same drippy, (almost gummy?) results. The picture shows what I used (plus ice), and it never grew in volume past what you see in the processor, which is pretty much what it looked like at the beginning. I even tried different speeds in case that might have something to do with it, but nothing changed. Anyone have any other suggestions/insights?

sm6uukl8m74k.jpg

Out all of those things, I would suspect the sugar free syrup. Might be too thick for this. Not sure.
    Try and follow this video.
    https://facebook.com/MajorGainz/videos/894969973957506/

Just saw this. I wonder if the amount of ice makes a big difference? I'm probably only using about half of what the video showed.

Well no *kitten* lol :) You said you were following everything exact hahaha
    If you are going to half the ice, half everything else, and dont expect to fill up that container.

Yeah, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed :D I tried it with a whole tray of ice and it did fluff up more than the last trial, but it still wasn't as fluffy as expected. Looks like maybe I didn't crush the ice enough? It was pretty snowy but maybe I need to give it a bit more time. At least I'm on the right track... it definitely was better than the last time.

Glad you're getting closer! Still looks a bit watery though. Don't give up. You'll be so happy once you figure it out!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    geiznekcm wrote: »
    I thought this was the only way for me to eat without binge eating, but the longer you go eating small amounts of food, the more your stomach shrinks to it's normal size, and then small amounts of food do keep you full. You just have to stick to it for a few weeks and you will notice that a handful of food is filling. Training your brain to think you are full...well, that's a bit harder.

The stomach doesn’t shrink unless gastric bypass is done. Receptors determine fullness (unless you eat too much) and getting used to smaller meals via routine is the reason for what you stated!

I am slightly confused. . . .I am sorry.
    What exactly do you mean by "Receptors determin(ing) fullness (unless you eat too much)"? Are you saying that you can eat too much, exceeding calorie needs, and still not feel full, even when eating whole foods in large volume and quantities (bulk fruits and vegetables)? How easy or difficult would you say it is to exceed caloric needs when you're eating mostly fresh fruits and vegetables?

Thank you xx

Yeap. You can overeat on anything. Easy. How else do we get fat?

Can I call you the godfather of us volume eaters? Lol

Been called worse than that lol :) but this title should seriously go to @pinggolfer96 for sure.

Lol I am definitely a bottomless pit. I wish and would LOVE to try your meals out tho! They look so damn good
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    What kind of PP did you use? Was it whey or whey/casein blend? Plant based powders really don’t work well. And does your milk have fat (or did you add anything with fat, like peanut butter, nuts, etc)? Any fat will make it not fluff.

That.
    Regarding PP kind, I found it does not really matter.

Hmmm.... okay, so I tried a different milk and a different protein powder, but I still got the same drippy, (almost gummy?) results. The picture shows what I used (plus ice), and it never grew in volume past what you see in the processor, which is pretty much what it looked like at the beginning. I even tried different speeds in case that might have something to do with it, but nothing changed. Anyone have any other suggestions/insights?

sm6uukl8m74k.jpg

Out all of those things, I would suspect the sugar free syrup. Might be too thick for this. Not sure.
    Try and follow this video.
    https://facebook.com/MajorGainz/videos/894969973957506/

Just saw this. I wonder if the amount of ice makes a big difference? I'm probably only using about half of what the video showed.

Well no *kitten* lol :) You said you were following everything exact hahaha
    If you are going to half the ice, half everything else, and dont expect to fill up that container.

Yeah, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed :D I tried it with a whole tray of ice and it did fluff up more than the last trial, but it still wasn't as fluffy as expected. Looks like maybe I didn't crush the ice enough? It was pretty snowy but maybe I need to give it a bit more time. At least I'm on the right track... it definitely was better than the last time.

Glad you're getting closer! Still looks a bit watery though. Don't give up. You'll be so happy once you figure it out!

just don't become 'addicted' to it...that Xanthan gum can cause some sort of crazy bloating...and other 'things' :#
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    I thought this was the only way for me to eat without binge eating, but the longer you go eating small amounts of food, the more your stomach shrinks to it's normal size, and then small amounts of food do keep you full. You just have to stick to it for a few weeks and you will notice that a handful of food is filling. Training your brain to think you are full...well, that's a bit harder.

The stomach doesn’t shrink unless gastric bypass is done. Receptors determine fullness (unless you eat too much) and getting used to smaller meals via routine is the reason for what you stated!

What exactly do you mean by "Receptors determin(ing) fullness (unless you eat too much)"? Are you saying that you can eat too much, exceeding calorie needs, and still not feel full, even when eating whole foods in large volume and quantities (bulk fruits and vegetables)? How easy or difficult would you say it is to exceed caloric needs when you're eating mostly fresh fruits and vegetables?

Thank you xx

Been called worse than that lol :) but this title should seriously go to @pinggolfer96 for sure.

Lol I am definitely a bottomless pit. I wish and would LOVE to try your meals out tho! They look so damn good

If you every make your way Toronto way, get in touch. Who knows where your career might take you.

Surprisingly there’s actually some projects that have come up for me that have been based shooting in Toronto! I’ll def let you know lol!💪🏻

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options

Thank you xx

If you every make your way Toronto way, get in touch. Who knows where your career might take you.

Surprisingly there’s actually some projects that have come up for me that have been based shooting in Toronto! I’ll def let you know lol!💪🏻

Godfather, I come to you on this day to ask a favor. Can I have some of your extra macos? Lol
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi. New to this thread. Can someone explain to me what *kitten* means?
  • vegmebuff
    Options

The first post pretty much says it all...
    I have recently come to the conclusion that volume eating is best suited for me. Eating mainly vegetarian means I can eat copious amounts of food and stay in my calorie goal. Are there others out there who do the same? Let's exchange ideas. Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast, large shake with 2 cups spinach, almond milk, protein powder ice and water. Plus a slice of flax bread with almond butter and a sliced zucinni.

Lunch - one bag steamed frozen broccoli, 2 diced peppers, sprinkle of nuts and raisins

Snack- Apple, orange and cantaloupe

Dinner- 2 large zuchinni, one large onion, two packages portobello mushrooms cooked in vegetable broth and 1tbs butter, edited to add 3oz tempeh

Dessert - one cup almond milk with 3 tbs chia seeds (chia pudding) and 1/2 scoop protein powder

This was a LOT of food and I was happily full (not overstuffed) at every meal.

I find eating this way keeps me from snacking -- or worse binging. I finally broke through a 6 month plateau.

But it does make eating out difficult unless you have a mini-meal before or after. Anyone have any thoughts on this eating style?

• vegmebuff
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »

The first post pretty much says it all...
    I have recently come to the conclusion that volume eating is best suited for me. Eating mainly vegetarian means I can eat copious amounts of food and stay in my calorie goal. Are there others out there who do the same? Let's exchange ideas. Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast, large shake with 2 cups spinach, almond milk, protein powder ice and water. Plus a slice of flax bread with almond butter and a sliced zucinni.

Lunch - one bag steamed frozen broccoli, 2 diced peppers, sprinkle of nuts and raisins

Snack- Apple, orange and cantaloupe

Dinner- 2 large zuchinni, one large onion, two packages portobello mushrooms cooked in vegetable broth and 1tbs butter, edited to add 3oz tempeh

Dessert - one cup almond milk with 3 tbs chia seeds (chia pudding) and 1/2 scoop protein powder

This was a LOT of food and I was happily full (not overstuffed) at every meal.

I find eating this way keeps me from snacking -- or worse binging. I finally broke through a 6 month plateau.

But it does make eating out difficult unless you have a mini-meal before or after. Anyone have any thoughts on this eating style?

sorry...I thought you were asking about the post...as in 'what the 'kitten' does this post mean! duh
  • psychod787
    Options
    Hey raver. Have any good butternut squash recipes? I have recently fell in love with it. I actually use it to cut the cals in my mashed sweet potatoes.
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Here's a good recipe I've made before. If you don't have access to maftoul, couscous makes an ok substitute: http://mideats.com/recipe/curried-maftoul-salad-with-butternut-squash-salatat-maftoul/
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Would you mind sharing the recipe?
  • geiznekcm
    geiznekcm Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    How many egg beaters or liquid egg whites do you all think is a reasonable amount for one day?
    Are two cups of Egg Beaters (the equivalent of one WHOLE CARTON, 16 ounces total) too much?

That is on top of an entire package of "Better Than Rice" shirataki rice,
    a can of diced tomatoes,
    half of a green bell pepper,
    half of a large red onion,
    roasted laver (seaweed),
    . . . .AND (I know, I really overdid it here. . . .😣)!!!!
    several cups of watermelon and grapes. Needless to say, I feel tremendously stuffed. I'm fretting the effects all of that could have on fat loss.

Please be patient with me; I genuinely appreciate any advice and value your opinions.

Thank you to Any who make it through all of that reading, and to Any willing to respond.
    God bless you All
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    How many egg beaters or liquid egg whites do you all think is a reasonable amount for one day?
    Are two cups of Egg Beaters (the equivalent of one WHOLE CARTON, 16 ounces total) too much?

a can of diced tomatoes,
    roasted laver (seaweed),
    several cups of watermelon and grapes. Needless to say, I feel tremendously stuffed. I'm fretting the effects all of that could have on fat loss.

Please be patient with me; I genuinely appreciate any advice and value your opinions.

Thank you to Any who make it through all of that reading, and to Any willing to respond.
    God bless you All

As many as you want as long as everything adds up in the end of the day towards your goals. There’s nothing wrong eating that many. And there’s also no food that causes fat loss or gain. Anything surpassing your tdee will cause fat gain and vice versa.
  • geiznekcm
    geiznekcm Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options

a can of diced tomatoes,
    roasted laver (seaweed),

God bless you All

As many as you want as long as everything adds up in the end of the day towards your goals. There’s nothing wrong eating that many. And there’s also no food that causes fat loss or gain. Anything surpassing your tdee will cause fat gain and vice versa.

I am just questioning the amount I am consuming -- especially since it is such a large quantity of food. Is it possible to still feel so "full", bloated even, without exceeding caloric needs and stalling fat loss?
    More importantly,
    Thank you so much for reading all of that. And thank you so much for responding. I know it really all comes down to individual differences, so my questions and concerns probably seem very irrelevant and unanswerable. But I always like to see what others' experiences and knowledge have to offer.

• pinggolfer96
    Options

a can of diced tomatoes,
    roasted laver (seaweed),

God bless you All

I am just questioning the amount I am consuming -- especially since it is such a large quantity of food. Is it possible to still feel so "full", bloated even, without exceeding caloric needs and stalling fat loss?
    More importantly,
    Thank you so much for reading all of that. And thank you so much for responding. I know it really all comes down to individual differences, so my questions and concerns probably seem very irrelevant and unanswerable. But I always like to see what others' experiences and knowledge have to offer.

100 calories of broccoli is a lot more filling than one 100 calorie Oreo.....yet they’re both 100 calories, yes it’s possible to feel full and lose fat if you’re in a deficit. That’s not what determines fat loss. Cico does regardless of the food.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    @pinggolfer96 Have you posted that Chocolate Protein Bread recipe anywhere and, if not, would you mind sharing it?
  • vegmebuff
    Options

a can of diced tomatoes,
    roasted laver (seaweed),

God bless you All

Just discovered these the last few weeks...addicted!
  • psychod787
    Options

a can of diced tomatoes,
    roasted laver (seaweed),

God bless you All

Holy *kitten* batman! I love eggs, but 16oz a day? Dang!
  • pinggolfer96
    Options

a can of diced tomatoes,
    roasted laver (seaweed),

God bless you All

Holy *kitten* batman! I love eggs, but 16oz a day? Dang!

So would my 24-32 oz of meat/ seafood a day offend you more?? Lollll😂