What terms/phrases wind you up about losing weight?

Options
1323334353638»

Replies

15822 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    How much more do you need to lose? You're just going to gain it all back, anyway.

Need to lose. Definitely on the list.
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You're no fun anymore. Just treat yourself today and start all over again tomorrow.

This. It comes from mostly well-meaning friends (one in particular) who want me to enjoy myself and hold a belief that my sticking to my healthy habits is somehow stopping me from having fun. (It’s not. I always have fun!) I also realize now that my embracing better habits even while socializing has made some of my friends feel “guilty” because they’re not doing the same thing. (A couple have said this explicitly.) I think one of my friends was a little intimidated at first because she was always the in shape one in the group, and now I’m catching up. Good news is she seems to have gotten over it fast and has become more supportive.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Junk food. Urg!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    "I don't eat foods with ingredients I can't pronounce."

Then *someone* needs hooked on phonics!

^^ This X 100!! I think that line of thinking came from some snack bar touting the superiority of its "simple" ingredients.

Somebody on here once posted the composition of an egg, most of which was unpronouncable.

"Journey" makes me cringe too.

Lately I've been getting annoyed at people in TV shows saying that as soon as they get X fixed, they'll be able to work out and lose weight. No. Nothing needs to be fixed, all you need to do is reduce your consumption.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    "I don't eat foods with ingredients I can't pronounce."

Then *someone* needs hooked on phonics!

^^ This X 100!! I think that line of thinking came from some snack bar touting the superiority of its "simple" ingredients.

Somebody on here once posted the composition of an egg, most of which was unpronouncable.

"Journey" makes me cringe too.

Lately I've been getting annoyed at people in TV shows saying that as soon as they get X fixed, they'll be able to work out and lose weight. No. Nothing needs to be fixed, all you need to do is reduce your consumption.

Journey for me too but I think mostly because it's so overused.

There's these frozen meals being sold and one of their selling points is the unpronounceable name thing (right on the packaging). I came sooooooooooooooooooo close to emailing to tell them why it's a stupid way to try to sell it. :)
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    What do I say besides journey? Wellness trip? Lifestyle change? Road to wellness? Path? I don’t use many of the phrases listed here but I do call this whole thing I’m experiencing a “journey.” I don’t know what else to say….
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,234 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    What do I say besides journey? Wellness trip? Lifestyle change? Road to wellness? Path? I don’t use many of the phrases listed here but I do call this whole thing I’m experiencing a “journey.” I don’t know what else to say….

Call it anything that seems right to you. Other people getting in some kind of psychological tizz over minor word choices like this . . . that should be their problem, not yours. 😉
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    joans1976 wrote: »

Call it anything that seems right to you. Other people getting in some kind of psychological tizz over minor word choices like this . . . that should be their problem, not yours. 😉

It is. :)