Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

They Aren't Curves, They're Fat Rolls

Options
BPCycler
BPCycler Posts: 92 Member
edited June 2017 in Debate Club
An obese person isn't "curvy". It's fat rolls. Tired of the political correctness and marketing ploys.

I'm still over-weight but used to be 30lbs heavier. I was FAT. Period! I'm still over-weight but getting there slowly but surely.

Let's stop lying and enabling and start being honest and do what we have to do. Let's call a duck a duck and stop dodging and ignoring the obesity problem we have here. A least in the US. Start helping out, which includes HONESTY.

Replies

• BPCycler
    Options
    You consider yourself obese?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    BPCycler wrote: »
    For the record, I didn't start this thread to start crap. I thought I was replying to the thread "What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?" I wondered why there was a field to add a title. Oops! :-(

You can go reply to that one and report this thread to ask for it to be removed.
  • BPCycler
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    For the record, I didn't start this thread to start crap. I thought I was replying to the thread "What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?" I wondered why there was a field to add a title. Oops! :-(

You can go reply to that one and report this thread to ask for it to be removed.

Good idea.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Can you point out the fat rolls for me please:
    255586C300000578-0-image-m-85_1423067226019.jpg

The airbrushing is strong with this one.

Yeah, I couldn't find a good one of her without the airbrushing. She still doesn't have rolls.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Can you point out the fat rolls for me please:
    255586C300000578-0-image-m-85_1423067226019.jpg

Dream girl

I'm pretty sure she's like 6' 2" or something, so she probably isn't obese.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    You consider yourself obese?

That's not me. I am actually overweight though. I weight 180 pounds as a 5'9" female. My body fat is in the very lean range though.

I'm over-weight too. And I refuse to apply the same trickery to myself that I refuse to apply to others who are obese or over-weight. I couldn't lose weight until I finally faced the facts. I was fat (still over-weight), lazy and didn't give a crap. And people telling me "you're fine the way you are" was an extreme disservice, even if it was well meaning. We need to cut that out and try honestly on for size.

So you're saying that any overweight (or obese) person who doesn't consider themselves fat and ugly is in denial? And anyone who looks at them and sees something other than fat and ugly is an enabler?
    I...can't even.

I didn't say ugly. That's your thinking, not mine.

My mistake. Fat and lazy it is.
This discussion has been closed.