Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

They Aren't Curves, They're Fat Rolls

Replies

• BPCycler
    BPCycler Posts: 92 Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    BPCycler wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You consider yourself obese?

That's not me. I am actually overweight though. I weight 180 pounds as a 5'9" female. My body fat is in the very lean range though.

I'm over-weight too. And I refuse to apply the same trickery to myself that I refuse to apply to others who are obese or over-weight. I couldn't lose weight until I finally faced the facts. I was fat (still over-weight), lazy and didn't give a crap. And people telling me "you're fine the way you are" was an extreme disservice, even if it was well meaning. We need to cut that out and try honestly on for size.

So you're saying that any overweight (or obese) person who doesn't consider themselves fat and ugly is in denial? And anyone who looks at them and sees something other than fat and ugly is an enabler?
    I...can't even.

I didn't say ugly. That's your thinking, not mine.

My mistake. Fat and lazy it is.
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You consider yourself obese?

That's not me. I am actually overweight though. I weight 180 pounds as a 5'9" female. My body fat is in the very lean range though.

I'm over-weight too. And I refuse to apply the same trickery to myself that I refuse to apply to others who are obese or over-weight. I couldn't lose weight until I finally faced the facts. I was fat (still over-weight), lazy and didn't give a crap. And people telling me "you're fine the way you are" was an extreme disservice, even if it was well meaning. We need to cut that out and try honestly on for size.

So you're saying that any overweight (or obese) person who doesn't consider themselves fat and ugly is in denial? And anyone who looks at them and sees something other than fat and ugly is an enabler?
    I...can't even.

I didn't say ugly. That's your thinking, not mine.

My mistake. Fat and lazy it is.

Yes, I said I was fat and lazy. That's correct. And while not every who is fat is lazy, laziness often compounds the problem.
This discussion has been closed.