July 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn yes, good luck with your race!
  • SpiritHippo
    SpiritHippo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    My first run today with my heart rate monitor. Ran 5.1 foundation run where it was supposed to be 5 minutes zone 1 30 minutes zone 2 and 5 minutes zone 1. According to my app I spent 80% of the run in zone 3 which was disappointing because I thought my pace and feel were good. Thanks to @PastorVincent and @MobyCarp I had some zone number to compare to the number they were using and I also used the MacMillian calculator to recalculate my pace. I was doing much better with these new numbers and now they also fit MacMillian and they make sense when further compared to perceived effort.(If I can run a half-marathon at close to an 8:30 pace I should be in zone 2 running at over 9 minutes a mile) I also figured out how to adjust my app so the zones correspond to the heart-rates appropriately. Now I should be able to look at my next run and see if there needs to be more adjusting.
    On another note, had some excitement today as I was again the target of an egg on my run. At the same location and the same time as my last incident. Thus time I had just crossed an intersection and a black truck (last time it was a white car.) went through the intersection behind me. Smack an egg hit me in my back. My immediate thought is "You must be kidding me, there is no way this happened again." My brother in-law is a Lieutenant with the State Police and lives in my town. Should this happen again, I will get the license plate and it will not happen ever again.
    Thanks again Vincent and Moby.

exercise.png

I can't believe you are being harassed with eggs! And this is taking place early in the morning?
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    @shrcpr congrats on the distance PR!!!!

@MNLittleFinn good luck on your training run/race tomorrow!!!

@skippygirlsmom sorry to hear about the vertigo, that sucks! I hope you're feeling better soon!

Per the 'stuck in your sports bra' discussion, this is why I am oh so happy that currently, all but one of my sports bras clasps in the back, and are not pullover style! Especially since I don't have a SO to help extricate me! :'(:D:D:D
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

@skippygirlsmom sorry to hear about the vertigo, that sucks! I hope you're feeling better soon!

Per the 'stuck in your sports bra' discussion, this is why I am oh so happy that currently, all but one of my sports bras clasps in the back, and are not pullover style! Especially since I don't have a SO to help extricate me! :'(:D:D:D

I didn't think there was anything worse than trying to get out of a pull-over sports bra when one is extremely sweaty. And then I got a frozen shoulder.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    @BruinsGal_91 oh geez, that does NOT sound like fun!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    seanevan10 wrote: »
    July goal: 55 miles

7/2: 4.3 miles
    7/3: 3.7 miles
    7/4: 3.8 miles
    7/5: 2.3 miles
    7/9: 4.5 miles
    7/11: 2.5 miles
    7/12: 2.8 miles

23.9/55 miles

It was even hotter today than yesterday. I expected to have a slow, miserable run. I was pleasantly surprised that I had a great run. I enjoyed almost all of it. The last .8 miles kind of sucked, but the first part was great and I ran a little faster than I have been averaging lately. I considered not running because of the heat, but I'm glad I did it. I have to drive my mom to Dallas tomorrow (a 2.5 hour drive) for a doctor's appointment so I won't be able to get a run tomorrow. Besides, it is July in Texas. It will either be hot or miserably hot so I figure I might as well just get it done. It did occur to me today that I might be running a little faster just so I could be finished sooner.

exercise.png

I'm in Texas too. Just north of Fort Worth before you get to Denton. It has been sooo very hot! And humid.

My son is at school in Denton.

UNT? I did some Master's work there. Didn't finish- got job- gave up public assistance :smiley:
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow runners!

7/3: 8.1k -easy run-
    7/4: 12.6k -intervals-
    7/6: 10.8k -2.5k w/u+8.3k progressive running-
    7/8: 8.5k -recovery after 2.2k swimming-
    7/9: 15.1k -Long run-
    7/10: -strength training-
    7/11: 10.7k -intervals-
    7/12: rest day due to terrible headache
    7/14: 13k -2.6k w/u, 8k Tempo, 2.4k c/d-

It went pretty well!

78.8k/140k

Stay hydrated!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @seanevan10 Hey I'm in Ardmore ok. No too far from you!

We have some property not too far from Ardmore so we are up there every now and then.

Hey hey hey! Maybe they'll be some runs we can all make. I know there are now like 4-5 of us in the area? I'm all for some MFP MRC high fives!
  • Elise4270
    edited July 2017
    Options

I didn't think there was anything worse than trying to get out of a pull-over sports bra when one is extremely sweaty. And then I got a frozen shoulder.

You ever try to put one on after the pool shower? So hard! And I don't want all the old ladies or anyone to see my girls floppin' about as I wrestle the band that rolls up and refuses to be pulled down.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Hi fellow runners!

Stay hydrated!

Unless you're @garygse

Congratulations on the job.
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

We have some property not too far from Ardmore so we are up there every now and then.

Hey hey hey! Maybe they'll be some runs we can all make. I know there are now like 4-5 of us in the area? I'm all for some MFP MRC high fives!

That would be fun. I bet there are some in Gainsville. I think that might be about 1/2 way.
  • Elise4270
    edited July 2017
    Options

That would be fun. I bet there are some in Gainsville. I think that might be about 1/2 way.

Y'all pick pick some and I'll check my calendar. Maybe @garygse or @BEERRUNNER can make it too. I'll do trail or road runs.
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

23.9/55 miles

It was even hotter today than yesterday. I expected to have a slow, miserable run. I was pleasantly surprised that I had a great run. I enjoyed almost all of it. The last .8 miles kind of sucked, but the first part was great and I ran a little faster than I have been averaging lately. I considered not running because of the heat, but I'm glad I did it. I have to drive my mom to Dallas tomorrow (a 2.5 hour drive) for a doctor's appointment so I won't be able to get a run tomorrow. Besides, it is July in Texas. It will either be hot or miserably hot so I figure I might as well just get it done. It did occur to me today that I might be running a little faster just so I could be finished sooner.

exercise.png

I'm in Texas too. Just north of Fort Worth before you get to Denton. It has been sooo very hot! And humid.

I love Denton! Do you come to visit?

We do go up there some. I love Denton. I would really like to move there some day. But right now he gets a scholarship through my job, so we won't be moving anywhere for a while. My sister is fixing to move to Aurora. She has a son in Ft. Worth and another in Denton. I've never been to (or even heard of Aurora), but I think the area around Ft. Worth/Denton is really nice.

We live off 35W between the two cities. I like it here but getting really built up and crowded. Aurora is straight west of where we live on 114. It used to be a blip on the road but they have really built some nice houses out there and it is starting to build up out there too.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    @MobyCarp Your slowest half is two minutes faster than my PR. If you hear anything, it's probably just me sobbing.

Ha, his slowest half is twenty minutes faster than my PR, lol. Someday...someday......
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp thst "slow" half you're running tomorrow is 20 <My PR......

Thank goodness I'll be on the trails tomorrow drowning my sorrowful slowness in mud and powerlines hills....
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,976 Member
    Options

23.9/55 miles

exercise.png

UNT? I did some Master's work there. Didn't finish- got job- gave up public assistance :smiley:

He is at UNT. He really loves it there. He is planning to get a master's and a doctorate. I hope he will be able to do all of it there. His dream is to move to Portland after school, so I will hardly ever see him then. (I don't think not seeing me much is part of his dream, just living in the Pacific Northwest).