July 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    @MobyCarp Your slowest half is two minutes faster than my PR. If you hear anything, it's probably just me sobbing.

Ha, his slowest half is twenty minutes faster than my PR, lol. Someday...someday......

^^^^ This is exactly what I was thinking...
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    seanevan10 wrote: »
    July goal: 55 miles

7/2: 4.3 miles
    7/3: 3.7 miles
    7/4: 3.8 miles
    7/5: 2.3 miles
    7/9: 4.5 miles
    7/11: 2.5 miles
    7/12: 2.8 miles

23.9/55 miles

It was even hotter today than yesterday. I expected to have a slow, miserable run. I was pleasantly surprised that I had a great run. I enjoyed almost all of it. The last .8 miles kind of sucked, but the first part was great and I ran a little faster than I have been averaging lately. I considered not running because of the heat, but I'm glad I did it. I have to drive my mom to Dallas tomorrow (a 2.5 hour drive) for a doctor's appointment so I won't be able to get a run tomorrow. Besides, it is July in Texas. It will either be hot or miserably hot so I figure I might as well just get it done. It did occur to me today that I might be running a little faster just so I could be finished sooner.

exercise.png

I'm in Texas too. Just north of Fort Worth before you get to Denton. It has been sooo very hot! And humid.

My son is at school in Denton.

UNT? I did some Master's work there. Didn't finish- got job- gave up public assistance :smiley:

He is at UNT. He really loves it there. He is planning to get a master's and a doctorate. I hope he will be able to do all of it there. His dream is to move to Portland after school, so I will hardly ever see him then. (I don't think not seeing me much is part of his dream, just living in the Pacific Northwest).

Be a nice place for you to visit though. Some great running up thatta way I hear. I loved UNT I lived in Denton from ages 2-9. Then it was NTSU. It's home to me, if I ever had one.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @garygse - Congrats on the new job!

Met the running group at the track this morning for speed work..... in my new shoes! :smiley:

hi5l2exv1ouy.jpg

(July miles to date) 80/170 (July goal miles)

Those look like my shoes!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    7/1 8 miles
    7/2 Forced rest day
    7/3 7 easy miles in high humidity
    7/4 10 easy miles in high humidity
    7/5 7 miles in high humidity
    7/6 Thunderstorms forced rest day :frowning:
    7/7 6 miles zone 2/3
    7/8 17 miles in zone 2
    7/9 Travel day no run
    7/10 7 miles zone 2
    7/11 Too hot to play
    7/12 6 miles zone 2
    7/13 rest
    7/14 5.79 miles Zone 2

Summer Goal: Get my marathon pace below 9 minutes.
    Official Marathon PR: 4:11:28

Next Races (more as I find them):

07/28/17 - Liberty Mile - 1 mile race just to see what a short run really is :)
    08/2017 - Cranberry Cup 5k. (hopefully - plan for a PR attempt)
    10/14/17 - Stop, Drop, and Run - Fireman style obstacle course - 5km

05/06/18 - Pittsburgh Marathon - aiming for sub four hours.

Tried to get out and beat the heat this morning, but the humidity was still very high (100%) and had other issues. Over all a pretty crummy run, but a run none the less!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Bonne fête nationale! to all French reading this (are there actually any at all?)

I'm not French, but I took French in high school!

To further highlight how much of a nerd I really am: Rush - Bastille Day B)
  • RunnersLament
    RunnersLament Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    7/1 8 miles
    7/2 Forced rest day
    7/3 7 easy miles in high humidity
    7/4 10 easy miles in high humidity
    7/5 7 miles in high humidity
    7/6 Thunderstorms forced rest day :frowning:
    7/7 6 miles zone 2/3
    7/8 17 miles in zone 2
    7/9 Travel day no run
    7/10 7 miles zone 2
    7/11 Too hot to play
    7/12 6 miles zone 2
    7/13 rest
    7/14 5.79 miles Zone 2

Summer Goal: Get my marathon pace below 9 minutes.
    Official Marathon PR: 4:11:28

Next Races (more as I find them):

07/28/17 - Liberty Mile - 1 mile race just to see what a short run really is :)
    08/2017 - Cranberry Cup 5k. (hopefully - plan for a PR attempt)
    10/14/17 - Stop, Drop, and Run - Fireman style obstacle course - 5km

05/06/18 - Pittsburgh Marathon - aiming for sub four hours.

Tried to get out and beat the heat this morning, but the humidity was still very high (100%) and had other issues. Over all a pretty crummy run, but a run none the less!

Forgot to mention, my normal route was blocked by a KILLER RABIT! Ugh.

But he had big teeth! LMAO!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    7/1 4mi 39:56min
    7/2 rest
    7/3 6mi 56:06min
    7/4 7mi 67:36min
    7/5 rest
    7/6 10mi 1:38:49min
    7/7 5mi 47:19min
    7/9 4mi 38:35min
    7/10 rest
    7/11 6mi 57:54min
    7/12 4mi 37:22min
    7/13 rest
    7/14 6mi 58:45min
    7/15 5mi 48:28min

Ugh 5 miles on the treadmill, hate it. 95 degrees outside so I know that would have been worse.

Tomorrow I'm getting up at 5 am to run a 10 miles. I feel like the only chance I have of completing it is by running before the sun gets too high. I feel like by 9 am it's already too high and too hot!
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Bonne fête nationale! to all French reading this (are there actually any at all?)

Lol, that would have been much more fun tonight than the ABBA cover band they dragged up from somewhere to play after the fireworks :smirk:
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

Lol, that would have been much more fun tonight than the ABBA cover band they dragged up from somewhere to play after the fireworks :smirk:

ABBA cover band? Oh boy. lol
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @MNLittleFinn tomorrow is the big day! All the positive vibes for a great trail race!

@MobyCarp yeah your slowest HM is a hair faster than my HM PR. Fastest gun in the west you are ;) lol

Ran 20 of trail this morning, got full of mud, did some steep climbing and managed to sprint a shorter sheer face decline without my knees going (my ankles were less than thrilled however).

Totally disturbed my running mate afterward when I went to K-Tape my left foot and three of my toenails just came off. Poor lady haha :dizzy:

Thanks! Nice run today!

And, I haven't lost any toenails yet, guess I'm not really a trail runner yet... be interesting to see the state of my feet after tomorrow!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn tomorrow is the big day! All the positive vibes for a great trail race!

@MobyCarp yeah your slowest HM is a hair faster than my HM PR. Fastest gun in the west you are ;) lol

Ran 20 of trail this morning, got full of mud, did some steep climbing and managed to sprint a shorter sheer face decline without my knees going (my ankles were less than thrilled however).

Totally disturbed my running mate afterward when I went to K-Tape my left foot and three of my toenails just came off. Poor lady haha :dizzy:

Thanks! Nice run today!

And, I haven't lost any toenails yet, guess I'm not really a trail runner yet... be interesting to see the state of my feet after tomorrow!

Ugh my feet are terrifying and I don't wish them on you, when I have toenails they're black as night. Honestly my life is easier without them though, sandal season just doesn't exist for me lol
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

I'm not French, but my teenager is at French immersion camp for the month. When she got to call home at the halfway point, she requested run reports be part of my daily letters.

I assume the camp theme of the day will be Bastille Day, but I won't know until the next batch of pictures are available on their website.

ETA: Speak of the pictures! That is indeed the theme of the day:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lacduboisbemidji/35755572482/in/album-72157686172775386/

And one of the teenager, even. She is the girl looking to the left.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lacduboisbemidji/35116491933/in/album-72157686172775386/

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Thanks! Nice run today!

Ugh my feet are terrifying and I don't wish them on you, when I have toenails they're black as night. Honestly my life is easier without them though, sandal season just doesn't exist for me lol

I lost my first toenail a couple weeks ago. I was clipping my nails and it just... came off. It wasn't even black.

Right now my left big toenail is starting to turn a lovely shade of lavender. Only a matter of time with that one.