July 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I'm Korean so I always have enough rice, I buy it 25 pounds at a time :smile: Of course I would never waste that much rice to try and dry my shoes!

I have wasted a gallon of white vinegar to get the stink out of workout clothes. A long soak in straight vinegar is the only thing that works for me.[/quote]

I wash mine with a scoop of Oxyclean, cold wash, no detergent, and they never stink!

It's the oils in the detergent that give workout clothes that rancid smell.

• Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @RespectTheKitty you mention wanting to eat endlessly and "cravings". Are you wanting to eat something specific ad nauseum or is it just want to eat anything and everything? If it's specific you have a couple of avenues of recourse. Personally I was a complete *kitten* around all the sweet things- in the end keto was the answer to shutting that down (and yes I fully expect someone to hit the woo button on me now :D ).

Also, I'm not sure how this would couple with your current medication or whatnot, but I'm on high dose Bupropion XL for my OCD and that also shuts down a lot of my interest in eating (I just have to take it at night as it is a little "speedy"). Might be worth asking your GP about?]

My main issues are:

1. Cravings for sweets/carbs, especially at night
    2. Waking up in the middle of the night to eat (anything goes then, whatever is in the kitchen)

I've tried Bupropion in the past but is exacerbates my anxiety. When I see my doctor I'm going to ask about Topamax, which is another appetite killer.

Starring this weekend (when I go grocery shopping), I'm going to try eating lower carb and no sugar. That helped me quite a bit the last time I was having issues with cravings.

ETA - As far as waking up in the middle of the night, I've tried just about every prescription and OTC sleep aid out there with no luck. Not sure what to do about that.

I'm on Topamax (low dose for migraines) and boy oh boy is it an appetite killer. I could pack away 4000 calories without issues now I struggle with my maintenance of 2600-3000. Be careful with the spacey felling it can give you as well (like standing up too fast but constant) as it has caused me a few missed steps here and there. Nothing too bad on the running front but I almost ate it on the stairs. Other than that if it works for you it is a great little pill for weight loss while managing other issues.
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom you shouldn't have shown me the watch. Now, I want one. I understand the size problem and it works both ways. My UA band is a nice small size but I can't read anything on it while I run. It would be nice to have all those features and be able to read the watch while I run.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    July 1 – 5.0 miles & 21DFX ABC Extreme
    July 2 – 3.0 miles & P90X3 Isometrix
    July 3 – 4 miles & 21DFX Power Strength Extreme
    July 4 – 0.0 miles XT Swimming laps for 45 minutes and 21DFX Dirty 30 Extreme
    July 5 – 10.0 miles Long Run
    July 6 – 3.0 miles and 21 DFX Upper Fix Extreme and Lower Fix Extreme
    July 7 – 6.75 miles Intervals
    July 8 – 0.0 miles Rest
    July 9 – 5.0 miles Easy
    July 10 – 4.0 miles Easy with Strides (8) & 21DFX Plyo Fix Extreme
    July 11 – 0.0 miles XT/Water Zumba and 45 minutes swimming laps and 2 hours of dancing
    July 12 – 10.5 miles Long Run with 2 1-mile Tempo intervals separated be a 1-minute recovery
    July 13 – 3.0 miles Easy & 21 DFX Upper Fix Extreme and Lower Fix Extreme
    July 14 – 7.0 miles Interval run
    July 15 – 5.0 miles Easy & 21DFX Dirty 30 Extreme
    July 16 – 3.0 miles Easy
    July 17 – 4.0 miles Hill Sprints and Intervals & 21DFX Power Strength Extreme
    July 18 – 0.0 miles XT Water Zumba
    July 19 – 0.0 Rest
    July 20 – 4.5 miles Easy
    July 21 – 4.0 miles Warm up and St. Pete Beach Series, Race #2, 5K
    July 22 – 0.0 miles Rest
    July 23 – 0.0 miles Rest
    July 24 – 4.25 miles & Shaun Week: Insane Focus Insanity Basics
    July 25 – 0.0 miles XT Water Zumba, Shaun Week: Insane Focus Pure Cardio 2, and a Core class at the Running Store
    July 26 – 4.25 miles & Shaun Week: Insane Focus Insane Weights
    July 27 – 6.25 miles & Shaun Week: Insane Focus Abs 25

Total: 96.5/100 miles

Upcoming Races:
    August 5 – Great Brain Wash 5K Obstacle Run, St. Pete, FL
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow runners!

7/3: 8.1k -easy run-
    7/4: 12.6k -intervals-
    7/6: 10.8k -2.5k w/u+8.3k progressive running-
    7/8: 8.5k -recovery after 2.2k swimming-
    7/9: 15.1k -Long run-
    7/10: -strength training-
    7/11: 10.7k -intervals-
    7/12: rest day due to terrible headache
    7/14: 13k -2.6k w/u, 8k Tempo, 2.4k c/d-
    7/15: 7.3k -Easy running-
    7/17: 5.1k -Urban run-
    7/18: 14k -w/u+Tempo-
    7/22: 16.8k -Long Run-
    7/23: 7.2k -Easy, hills-
    7/26: 9.4k -Recovery run-
    7/27: 9.9k -wu/Tempo/cd-

148.5k/140k

Stay hydrated!

Upcoming races:
    7/29: 4th Nea Peramos Aquathlon
    9/16: 4th Kavala Night City Run 10k
    9/24: Xiropotamos Trail 2017 11k
    10/1: Voreia Sirris Challenge 23k
    10/15: Nestos Trail VFTU 10k
    11/26: 4th Democritus Half Marathon
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    @seanevan10 I just looked at my latest Sam's Club flyer and they're going to have the VivoActive HR on sale for $150 for one day only, August 5th. It looks like the sale price will be available both in-store and online. My daughter's birthday is the 20th, so it looks like someone is getting a new tracker for her birthday!!

I'm waiting until after my September race to get mine. The deal is if I make my goal pace, I'll get my Garmin. It's quite the incentive! Lol!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Embrace the Suck run! :s In addition to feeling like crap, I ALSO managed to trip over nothing and epically wipe out on the pavement!
    The Dreaded Air Tripline.

hahaha, yes! Air Tripline!
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    A wonderful day spent in climbing hills, gawking at nature's beauty,clouds,forest,monkeys, some horse riding.We were walking into clouds going higher and higher. A mystic misty day! Thanks to running my legs are not hurting at all. Only pain my body can feel is given by the horse riding. I never knew thay horse riding is not leisurely but a way to train your pelvic bones and muscles! :#
    Can anyone please share how to add image to a post?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    mustb60 wrote: »
    A wonderful day spent in climbing hills, gawking at nature's beauty,clouds,forest,monkeys, some horse riding.We were walking into clouds going higher and higher. A mystic misty day! Thanks to running my legs are not hurting at all. Only pain my body can feel is given by the horse riding. I never knew thay horse riding is not leisurely but a way to train your pelvic bones and muscles! :#

There are probably several ways. I know from a PC there is an option on the post itself. I'm on mobile and load mine to Photobucket first then share the link/image into mfp.

I'd been saving this one for @PastorVincent but I havent found the right opportunity, since I get the feeling I'm the Dork Fish. Maybe I could be the fella in the boat, be just my luck to catch that dork fish. Corn dog isn't too far from a hot dog, I bet he puts ketchup on these too... of it were a nerd fish it'd be @Stoshew71 :tongue:

20170727_112830_zpstcvywmbu.png

Oh dang. That didn't work.

They want money.

Now I need to know how!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    mustb60 wrote: »

On a computer I usually just save the image onto the desktop and then drag and drop it into the Reply box here, where you type your post. If the file is too big it will give an error, in which case I'll open the image using Paint and resize it there.
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    @seanevan10 I just looked at my latest Sam's Club flyer and they're going to have the VivoActive HR on sale for $150 for one day only, August 5th. It looks like the sale price will be available both in-store and online. My daughter's birthday is the 20th, so it looks like someone is getting a new tracker for her birthday!!

I'm waiting until after my September race to get mine. The deal is if I make my goal pace, I'll get my Garmin. It's quite the incentive! Lol!

That is AWESOME! I need to find someone here with a Sam's club membership. My birthday is the 15th so Happy Birthday to me!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Talking about watches.... I'm curious, does anyone just use MapMyRun?

I use MapMyRun. I like their guided training plans. I am doing their 1/2 marathon training plan right now.

I use MapMyRun and am also doing the 1/2 marathon training plan. :# I just have to back out some of the calories because it overestimates quite a bit according to my HRM.

@Sliedur, congrats on finishing the C25K!

Yesterday was rest day (from running) so went for a nice 16-mile bike ride. This morning I got in a nice 4.49 mile run which brings my July total to 68.24 miles (goal was 60).
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    There are several ways to put up a picture, but the easiest one, is to click the image button in the reply box, as shown here:

ngb8nglzi971.png

There you can up load a picture or link to one on line.
  • Elise4270
    edited July 2017
    Options
    There are several ways to put up a picture, but the easiest one, is to click the image button in the reply box, as shown here:

ngb8nglzi971.png

Are you on mobile? I am and there is no option.

I would share a photo of what mine looks like but...
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

ngb8nglzi971.png

Are you on mobile? I am and there is no option.

I would share a photo of what mine looks like but...

No, I am on my laptop. Here is the button on mobile:

af6tsxwolxac.png
  • Elise4270
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @PastorVincent Nope. I have no button. I'm on Samsung. You on Apple/bananas?

I have:
    B i ¶ and :smile: