July 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 - do you get more if you rotate your screen?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent Nope. I have no button. I'm on Samsung. You on Apple/bananas?

I have:
    B i ¶ and :smile:

Yes, on an iPhone. I guess you will need to save up and upgrade to a real phone so you can post pictures. :)
    :lol:

Anyone on Andriod in this thread able to help her out?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »

No. It just kicks me out to the main community page. Lol!!!!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

I also use Android and get the same thing. It looks like there are 2 buttons in iPhone that don't exist on Android. The photo button and whatever is immediately to the left of it.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

I also use Android and get the same thing. It looks like there are 2 buttons in iPhone that don't exist on Android. The photo button and whatever is immediately to the left of it.

What if you roll over to landscape?
  • Elise4270
    Options

Huh? That's gotta be a bananas thing.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

Yes, same thing - goes back to Community main page.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options

I have:

Yes, on an iPhone. I guess you will need to save up and upgrade to a real phone so you can post pictures. :)

Apparently MFP isn't smart enough to work with the more popular OS..... which really makes me question MFP sometimes.
  • Elise4270
    edited July 2017
    Options

I have:

Apparently MFP isn't smart enough to work with the more popular OS..... which really makes me question MFP sometimes.

Bias. It the whole apple-nation BS.

No more cool photos from me then. :cry: I can post them in my feed- which is full of nonsense and ramblings :smiley: 'mon over. I'll show you a pickle monkey compared to a dork fish
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

Yes, same thing - goes back to Community main page.

If I do that and go back to the main community page, then go back into a thread; I still don't have any more options than in portrait view.
  • sarahmchugh07
    sarahmchugh07 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm new- I have a question- I recently started running again, and I didn't have this problem 2 months ago- my right foot fell asleep. I double checked my laces and they were not tight... curious to know what in the world I need to do?
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Hey there! I'm new- I have a question- I recently started running again, and I didn't have this problem 2 months ago- my right foot fell asleep. I double checked my laces and they were not tight... curious to know what in the world I need to do?

How new are your shoes? :wink: I find I have that with minimal shoe that lack the cushion. Or when I've smushed 'em all down. Yes, that is the technical term "smushed".
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    There are several ways to put up a picture, but the easiest one, is to click the image button in the reply box, as shown here:

ngb8nglzi971.png

There you can up load a picture or link to one on line.

Are you on mobile? I am and there is no option.

I would share a photo of what mine looks like but...

I can't see a way on mobile either. I always upload on the computer.

ETA: if you see my post below, I figured out how to do it on an Android.

You can do like PastorVincent said, or as I said earlier, drag the actual image file into the text box where you type your reply

m6bada49b50r.jpg
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Ok, so what you need to do if you're on Android (obviously the superior choice :p ) is just open the myfitnesspal website in your phone's internet browser, rather than using the app. That way, you'll still have the Photo button and use the Choose Files option to browse to the pic you want on your phone

aqvnhosfb90h.png
  • PastorVincent
    Options

Huh? That's gotta be a bananas thing.

Landscape is what it is called when you turn your phone side ways instead of up and down (which is called portrait). Andriod phones also can do it. It gives you less height but more width to work with.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Ok, so what you need to do if you're on Android (obviously the superior choice :p ) is just open the myfitnesspal website in your phone's internet browser, rather than using the app. That way, you'll still have the Photo button and use the Choose Files option to browse to the pic you want on your phone

Good thinking!! I have it in the browser and in the app on iPhone so never occurred to me there might be a difference. :)

• PastorVincent
    Options

Some people complain that their feet swell when they run, so you might have to loosen your laces after running for a while.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options

Some people complain that their feet swell when they run, so you might have to loosen your laces after running for a while.

This is what I was thinking. Also, loose shoes might not be the whole story. For example, my shoes are VERY loosely laced up by my toes, but tighter up top.
  • KatieJane83
    Options

I lace my shoes like this to help prevent foot numbness:
    iz9uf8ak7aac.jpg

Also, I just seem to have finicky feet. Some shoes make my feet numb, others don't, and it's a bit of trial and error finding the ones that don't. It's one of the reasons I'm so loyal to the model I currently wear, because it's such a pain in the butt for me trying to find different shoes that work.
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Also, I just seem to have finicky feet. Some shoes make my feet numb, others don't, and it's a bit of trial and error finding the ones that don't. It's one of the reasons I'm so loyal to the model I currently wear, because it's such a pain in the butt for me trying to find different shoes that work.

Exactly this. I have a couple of pairs that do this when I run. And only my right foot. I have found lacing the way @katiejane83 says and getting one that has a big enough space for my toes.