Understanding Insulin is key to weight control

Options

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    willgt78 wrote: »
    Here's some research for you all. Love this discussion. Just keep in mind I'm not just talking about losing weight.

Not one of those links supports your claims.

Literally not one.

• jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I thought it was an interesting video, but I am pretty uneducated when it comes to nutrition and am only just getting started. My first thought regarding eating once per day is, how do you get enough nutrients such as vitamins, minerals etc? One thing that MFP has shown me in the short time I've been using it is that it takes quite a lot of work to get the RDI of vitamins and minerals and I can't see how you'd achieve this in just one meal. I would appreciate anyone elses thought's on this.

It is possible and there is nothing wrong with eating OMAD, but you don't have to. Meal timing is irrelevant to 99% of the population.

A lot of people like OMAD as it helps them eat fewer calories and some people find it helps them be less hungry also.

It does not do any thing else that this video claims to my knowledge and I'm still waiting on the OP to provide any studies to read.

This article may be woo as well, just ran across it today. States that timing of food may be very relevant. May also suggest OMAD may not work best for you gut flora
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/02/health/gut-microbiome-circadian-rhythm/index.html
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    mlsh1969 wrote: »
    Please show results of each of the plans you follow. At 39 I'll compare my physique to anyone and my blood work too. Main stream has pushed this western type diet to all of you becouse it is a cash cow for them. In reality obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer can all be mitigated through fasting. If you haven't researched or tried it you really shouldn't comment.

Well, l must say at 39 years old, ur physique is pretty dang good. I cant argue with that. I will say that l know what works for me and that fasting doesnt. Im not knocking it, lve tried and it just doesnt cut it for me. Now l do have a few friends that are totally with u, and thats cool. I guess lm just trying to say we all gotta do the thing that works for us. Cheers and keep up the good work.

You're assuming that the avatar picture is actually the pp.....lots of people use fake pics here.

I'm Mads Mikkelsen and my diet consists primarily of the rude. A fatty bunch, though. Have to do lots of trimming.

I guess you make soap as well? ;)

I don't, but now I know how to ethically dispose of the trimmings and make a killing (heh) in a side business! Thanks!
  • asteriskthat
    asteriskthat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Please show results of each of the plans you follow. At 39 I'll compare my physique to anyone and my blood work too. Main stream has pushed this western type diet to all of you becouse it is a cash cow for them. In reality obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer can all be mitigated through fasting. If you haven't researched or tried it you really shouldn't comment.

Just going to say, my physique might not be as great as yours, but my blood work and blood pressure are perfect. And I'm overweight by most standards. My reason for weight loss is vanity with a bit of wanting to be sure my blood work and pressure stays healthy.
    I'm 57, 5'4", 125 pounds and I have perfect health and perfect blood lipids while I won't win any bikini contests, I don't really fricken care. I eat all foodz in just the right amounts.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

Well, l must say at 39 years old, ur physique is pretty dang good. I cant argue with that. I will say that l know what works for me and that fasting doesnt. Im not knocking it, lve tried and it just doesnt cut it for me. Now l do have a few friends that are totally with u, and thats cool. I guess lm just trying to say we all gotta do the thing that works for us. Cheers and keep up the good work.

You're assuming that the avatar picture is actually the pp.....lots of people use fake pics here.

Nuh-uh!

I'm a confused snake.

And I'm just a happy dog :)

I'm a beautiful sunset

I'm Lacinato kale.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Nuh-uh!

I'm a confused snake.

And I'm just a happy dog :)

I'm a beautiful sunset

I'm Lacinato kale.

I'm a cycling goddess!
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    My avatar is pic of the woman who rescued me from the shelter, she's my saint. I love her and I know she loves me too!

She seems awesome
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    fbchick51 wrote: »
    For those interested, this article does a nice summation of the studies that lead to the theory of fasting effects on cancer cell growth. It has a nice layout and explains the progression of study results and theories that have lead to these claims. It does point out that active studies on humans are under way, but that to date... all the research being cited (in all the previously posted articles) was ALL conducted on animals.

https://www.osher.ucsf.edu/patient-care/self-care-resources/cancer-and-nutrition/frequently-asked-questions/cancer-and-fasting-calorie-restriction/

Thanks for this. I've only skim read but it looks good so I bookmarked for a better look later.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options

True, never thought of that

And lots use their true pics. Why have we become so sceptical?