What is the nastiest thing you've ever eaten?

Options

Replies

• dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Mustard, horseradish and wasabi. There is something about them that just makes me immediately vomit profusely.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    It was booze, Malort. If you've had it, you know I'm right.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Liver, many many years ago - a childhood memory that put me off it for life!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I cannot think of anything food-wise, but drink-wise I drank spoiled milk when I was in grade school - lumpy and everything. It still haunts me to this day...
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Swig of a beer from a bottle with a cigarette butt in it — more than once. :s
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    dmcnur wrote: »
    It was a live grub worm out of an old rotten log. You had to chew it fast or swallow it whole or they could bite your tongue. I was blind folded & it was part of an initiation into a camping fraternity.
    Unfortunately for me, the year after I got in, they stopped using real worms & used cooked shrimp rolled around in coffee grounds & made initiates just think it was a real grub. That would have been so much easier to choke down. Now they don't even have to do that to get in. Their pansies now.

nwh9nc8pbhna.jpg

Sounds like a witchetty grub!!! An Australian bush food. I have never tried one and have no intention of ever doing so. Ugh.

My husband has: he described it as a "bug filled Gusher" to which our six year old simply said "Eww!" before running away. :D
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Grimmerick wrote: »
    I was watching Supersizers go which is a british show were they go edwardian,victorian, ancient rome, twenties, eighties etc. They dress up like the time period and eat just like the time period for a week, and the edwardian one they ate some pretty disgusting stuff, a lot of jellied and pickled things. Very high fat, rich edwardians ate about 5000 calories a day. It was an interesting show

I wanna see that. I watched a similar British show where they ate foods from different decades for a week. Started in the 50s and ended in the 90s. It was fun to watch
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Once I ate a rancid piece of roast beef and no, I'm not talking about an ex. Well more like tried. I just threw it in my mouth and oh boy, was that a mistake.

Does spit that flew into your mouth by someone yelling close to your face count? I think it does because not only was it enough to register the flavor of a cavity but the person it was from as well was unsavory.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Oh, there's a list, lol:
    • Cow tongue (bland, tasteless.. texture is terrible)
    • Cow heart (rubbery, awful.. hard to chew)
    • Durian (imagine the worst smelling thing you can, mix it with a sweet scent and imagine eating that and it having a custard like texture)
    • Pickled eggplant (it's inedible)
    • Kombucha (whoever thinks these probiotic drinks taste good obviously have no taste buds)
    • Fish and/or sheep eyeballs (texture is terrible.. ugh! Taste isn't really notable)
    • Maggots

Second the durian. Good God, it was terrible.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Jelly filled donuts
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    Once I ate a rancid piece of roast beef and no, I'm not talking about an ex. Well more like tried. I just threw it in my mouth and oh boy, was that a mistake.

Does spit that flew into your mouth by someone yelling close to your face count? I think it does because not only was it enough to register the flavor of a cavity but the person it was from as well was unsavory.

I quite literally gagged, a real gag when I read about the spit. I can handle a lot of things but the idea of a strangers spit in my mouth or worse lung butter!! Oh god the horror.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Hospital oatmeal. Ordered it twice in my life, and threw up after the first few bites each time.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Grimmerick wrote: »
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »

I quite literally gagged, a real gag when I read about the spit. I can handle a lot of things but the idea of a strangers spit in my mouth or worse lung butter!! Oh god the horror.

The term lung butter which I've only just now learned, makes me wanna gag as well. lol
  • mcummins78
    mcummins78 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My own words! Also sweets I found on a nightclub floor (that was for a bet though)
  • Alimacbean
    Alimacbean Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Beanboozled jelly beans! But fun to prank people with... :p
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    tamlou89 wrote: »
    Alimacbean wrote: »
    Beanboozled jelly beans! But fun to prank people with... :p

Oh yes those are vile the dog food and spoiled milk ones made me sick

I thought buttered popcorn was one of those fake disgusting flavors........I was wrong :/
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    Oh, there's a list, lol:
    • Cow tongue (bland, tasteless.. texture is terrible)
    • Cow heart (rubbery, awful.. hard to chew)
    • Durian (imagine the worst smelling thing you can, mix it with a sweet scent and imagine eating that and it having a custard like texture)
    • Pickled eggplant (it's inedible)
    • Kombucha (whoever thinks these probiotic drinks taste good obviously have no taste buds)
    • Fish and/or sheep eyeballs (texture is terrible.. ugh! Taste isn't really notable)
    • Maggots

Second the durian. Good God, it was terrible.

It put me off custards for life, I'm sure. :expressionless:
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    GNC BCAA Complex Chew Tropical Punch. No need to woo me, I understand now my first mistake was thinking I needed to take BCAA in the first place. I was so excited about these though, I stopped on the way back from the gym and bought them, threw one in my mouth as I started to leave the parking lot, pulled over immediately to spit them it out. Absolutely vile.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Cream of mushroom soup very low sodium, absolutely horrible, it was weird because I felt like it pulled the moisture out of my mouth. My husband still hasn't forgiven me.