Hitting on Women at the gym?

Options

Replies

• Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    Just go for it! Try a little small talk, tell her that you've noticed her around a time or two and compliment her on her form or muscles, just feel out the situation, I'm sure you'll get the vibe of whether she's into you too or just wants to be left alone. All you can do is try!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Two bery fit ladies walked into the gym once...one a regular... totally smokin' good looking... matching tanks that said quite simply "*kitten* off I am here to workout... I laughed my *kitten* off
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    no thx, I'm married.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I would rather have a man flat out ask me if I'm single...than to observe for months on end to figure out of I'm single. I'm married, so the rejection isn't a big deal.

Here's a reasonable example:
    Guy at gym (stops to talk to me while I'm btwn sets): "Hey, what kind of lifting program are you doing?"
    Me & Him: ....couple minutes of lifting talk
    Guy: "So your lifting partner I used to see you with...does he still work out here?"
    Me: "Oh...my husband! We've been on different schedules lately."

See how smoothly that guy was able to get the answer to his question...

Love this. Lots of married ladies lift without our rings on so someone who seems unfriendly might really just be unavailable. I also lift without my glasses which means I occasionally make "eye contact" without even realising it :tongue:

fortunately that's not too much of an issue as a 30something lifting in a gym full of college guys.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    sdhaysrx wrote: »
    sdhaysrx wrote: »
    Please, please don't give tips or "advice," it's super annoying. I agree, no comments about her body or appearance at all. It's just creepy. Truthfully, if a guy said anything about how much I was lifting or complimented my form or anything, it would be just a tad creepy because then I would feel like he was watching me workout instead of focusing on his own workout. But that's just me.
    I'm thinking some general comments about the gym itself or something would be safe. Just getting the conversation started is the hard part, then you can talk about whatever.
    I'd love for a guy to strike up a conversation, but at the gym is tricky.

Why is it creepy for a guy to compliment your form or something? There is down time while you're resting between sets. I'm not staring at anyone, but sometimes I look around and notice things.

I've just had some bad experiences with creepy stalker-types so I guess I'm sensitive about it. I know some women are the same way.

Ahhhh.... gotcha. I've never had issues at the gym with creepy stalker types.

What gym do you go to? I'll give you some issues :D:p
  • tomorrowistoday0000
    tomorrowistoday0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Be subtle, work your way in, then go in for the kill! This might take some time (over the course of days or even weeks) but it will save you some face. Start out with a simple, not over the top, not creepy compliment, then ask for a name, say hello from there, slowly increase your frequency of talking to her while paying attention to her vibe. Also, keep the talk short, simple and make sure you're not interrupting in the middle of her set/workout. After some time, you should know if she's just being friendly or not interested at all. If she's up for it and you're up for it then go for it!
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Not all women like when guys approach them at the gym. Asking about what music she's listening to is much better than commenting on her form or workouts.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I would rather have a man flat out ask me if I'm single...than to observe for months on end to figure out of I'm single. I'm married, so the rejection isn't a big deal.

Here's a reasonable example:
    Guy at gym (stops to talk to me while I'm btwn sets): "Hey, what kind of lifting program are you doing?"
    Me & Him: ....couple minutes of lifting talk
    Guy: "So your lifting partner I used to see you with...does he still work out here?"
    Me: "Oh...my husband! We've been on different schedules lately."

See how smoothly that guy was able to get the answer to his question...

fortunately that's not too much of an issue as a 30something lifting in a gym full of college guys.

dem college boys don't know what they're missin' ....
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I'd love it if someone would talk to me at the gym. Well, as long as he's cute :D

I'll chat with you, JTEGirl1!

Well, considering that you're many states away, I don't think that's will work out too well. lol

But he is cute ;)

Me? :) lol
  • Unavita11
    Unavita11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    If you want to hit on people at the gym, go to Planet Fitness where you can flirt over pizza. If you want to have a normal conversation at the gym, then it's all good.
  • se015
    Options
    Unavita11 wrote: »
    If you want to hit on people at the gym, go to Planet Fitness where you can flirt over pizza. If you want to have a normal conversation at the gym, then it's all good.

I'm not saying I want to do that at the gym necessarily, I go to the gym to lift weights, that's my main purpose but when you see a hot sexy girl working out, as a guy you feel compelled to want to get to know that individual, it's just human nature I think, that's all I'm saying.
  • se015
    Options
    schtump wrote: »
    I think I'd start by not approaching it as "hitting on" and more start a conversation like she is a person and not a hot chick in yoga pants. You're both at the gym, so you have shared interests. Talk to her like a person and see how that goes.

Yea I agree with that concept haha
  • se015
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    I'd love it if someone would talk to me at the gym. Well, as long as he's cute :D

I'll chat with you, JTEGirl1!

Well, considering that you're many states away, I don't think that's will work out too well. lol

But he is cute ;)

Me? :) lol

I can't see your face!

oh so not me lol.
  • Unavita11
    Unavita11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    Unavita11 wrote: »

I'm not saying I want to do that at the gym necessarily, I go to the gym to lift weights, that's my main purpose but when you see a hot sexy girl working out, as a guy you feel compelled to want to get to know that individual, it's just human nature I think, that's all I'm saying.

Oh, I totally know what you are saying! I'm just saying "hitting on" a woman at the gym might not get you as far as just striking up a conversation.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    If I'm between sets, earbud outs then sure say hi and ask how my workout is going/how my day is going/etc.. If I'm running on the treadmill/have my earphones in then don't bother. A nice smile and nod is good to start and if I do the same back and take my earbuds out then come on over and say hi. Again I know many women don't like being talked to by men at the gym, but I may be a rare breed.
  • bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The trick guys, is to get the girl to talk to you. I have a fool proof method that always works. First I find a good cardio machine; you know, one that is free but not directly by someone.

Then I get on and do cardio like a bandit till I pass out.

When I wake up, there are usually all sorts of people trying to talk to me and at least half of them are women.

Those women trying to talk to you are EMT's. lol