Hitting on Women at the gym?

Options

Replies

• chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Please just don't even talk to me. It took a lot for me to get to the gym and stay motivated. I am not nice. I am not approachable. Let me listen to my really crappy itunes playlist and pretend you never saw me. :p Lol! But really, no one ever talks to me so I don't have this problem.
  • laurenlmt
    laurenlmt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Does this really happen? I am told I have a b!tch look when I work out so maybe thats why. I probably would get flustered and drop something if anyone actually talked to me.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    laurenlmt wrote: »
    Does this really happen? I am told I have a b!tch look when I work out so maybe thats why. I probably would get flustered and drop something if anyone actually talked to me.

The only time I see it happening at my gym is old guys with a full head of gray hair cornering some very young girl and trying to start a conversation or offering a spot. For some reason, the really good looking folks - both men and women tend to keep mostly to themselves. ;)
  • laurenlmt
    laurenlmt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well I have a b!tch look too apparently when I go out socially lol so I guess I am just screwed.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I hate being talked to at the gym. Leave me the *kitten* alone.
  • Lipsmahoney
    Lipsmahoney Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Head down and don't make eye contact ..... my MO
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    jseams1234 wrote: »

The only time I see it happening at my gym is old guys with a full head of gray hair cornering some very young girl and trying to start a conversation or offering a spot. For some reason, the really good looking folks - both men and women tend to keep mostly to themselves. ;)

I would comment on this, but I prefer to keep to myself.

Since when?
  • Ironandwine69
    Options

Since when?

Since it was determined that the "the really good looking folks - both men and women tend to keep mostly to themselves."

Damn I was gone too long
  • patrick_star_trek
    patrick_star_trek Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I hate being talked to at the gym. Leave me the *kitten* alone.

What about at Subway?
  • Ironandwine69
    Options

Since when?

Since it was determined that the "the really good looking folks - both men and women tend to keep mostly to themselves."

Damn I was gone too long

it was literally 6 posts up

You say that like that's not too long
  • Ironandwine69
    Options

Since when?

Damn I was gone too long

it was literally 6 posts up

You say that like that's not too long

it was less than an hour ago

So how come you are not following that rule?
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    bobtater1 wrote: »
    The trick guys, is to get the girl to talk to you. I have a fool proof method that always works. First I find a good cardio machine; you know, one that is free but not directly by someone.

Then I get on and do cardio like a bandit till I pass out.

When I wake up, there are usually all sorts of people trying to talk to me and at least half of them are women.

Those women trying to talk to you are EMT's. lol

But it still works!
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    If I'm between sets, earbud outs then sure say hi and ask how my workout is going/how my day is going/etc.. If I'm running on the treadmill/have my earphones in then don't bother. A nice smile and nod is good to start and if I do the same back and take my earbuds out then come on over and say hi. Again I know many women don't like being talked to by men at the gym, but I may be a rare breed.

That may work for some people, but I think my "nice smile and nod" looks more like a dear in headlights. :smile:
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Options
    Id love it! Literally think about it while i jog endlessly. Thinking please come up to me and simply ask what type of music inspires my workout. Ask if you can use the treadmill next me. Hell your real cute, ask if you could spot me ;-).

Soooo, what kind of music inspires your workout...