Is fruit unhealthy to eat ??

Options
1235»

Replies

• clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you are on a low carb, fruit can sabatoge you quickly. Bananas, about 4 inches long are 29 carbs. The doctor has me on 150 carbs a day. so 50 carbs per meal. That banana is half a meal for me. In comparison, spinach is 4 carbs. Fruits are so much easier to eat. Generally no cooking needed.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    Sil209xo wrote: »
    I hear so many mixed reviews about fruits . What do you guys think ? I hear it's loaded with sugar and it's not good for you to eat everyday . Hmm

Where did you hear this?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    Has the OP even been back?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Has the OP even been back?

Nope. Which is a serious bug bear of mine.. She couldn't be too interested in the replies if she hasn't come back to read them...
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    If you do not have a metabolic disorder ... like PICOS, Insulin Resistance, Diabetes ... then you can eat fruit with no ill effects. ... include fruits and vegetables into your meal plans. However if you have a condition where your body will not handle sugars or high amounts of starches well, then you are better keeping fruit to small quantities and then of the less-sugar rich varieties ... like berries instead of mangos.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    If you are on a low carb, fruit can sabatoge you quickly.

It won't "sabotage" you, it just won't fit into your carb limit, depending on how low carb you are (I'm currently doing around 100 g or less, and it fits fine in that, but I am not that into bananas and mostly like local fruit that's in season now).

When I was trying to stay around 50-60 g, yeah, I'd fill that up with vegetables, plus nuts and a little dairy (and avocados, if you count them as fruit). But again, that doesn't mean fruit is unhealthy and it doesn't "sabotage" anything, you just have to know what fits in your personal macros.