What was your point of disgust?

Options

Replies

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Before I started tracking my diet and understanding nutrition, my trigger point for action was always the fit of my clothing. The concept of fattening myself until I literally was bursting out of my clothes and then having to waste money buying bigger sizes totally appalled me and caused me to stop overeating. So it was sort of a 10-20lb yo-yo-ing with my weight for years, which was ridiculous
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My point was having to buy new clothes back to back due to my quick weight gain.... i found myself not wanting to undress in front of my husband and at that point I knew I needed to change because I realized that I didn't like myself anymore.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I became prediabetic and my arms were just... ew. I said enough, this is not me. I want myself back.
  • stephslife88
    stephslife88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I moved and the mirrors and lighting is different in the new bathroom. Looked at myself about to hop in shower and was like eww.. gross.
  • proudmomma86
    proudmomma86 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Seeing pictures of myself and knowing i had a baby over 3 months ago and wondering why i havnt done something sooner...
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I was going out and was pulling my hair back and my face looked so fat and not me. I have always looked cute with my hair back (I have thought) that was it.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it was seeing a photo of myself from the side... Front facing I can see the double chin growing, but when I saw how I look from the side, it made my stomach sick. That was the big hit to my conscience. And I knew I had to change.

OMG this! I don't think I ever really looked at a side profile. Looking head on it wasn't bad (and even at my heaviest I still saw myself as the size I always was, despite going up in clothes size), but turning to the side I could really see just how big I had gotten. Even to this day the side profile gets me because I carry the weight in my midsection, so even though it's looking good from the front that side view reminds me of just how much further I have to go!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I never really had a moment like that. I mean I did feel disgust with my body for years, but there was never a "moment" where I decided I was actually going to do it. I just decided that I would try to lose weight once again, but to simplify it I was just going to count calories. My "moment" came about a month later when I realized that that it was working and that I now understood that it was as simple as CICO. That was when I realized that I could actually do this.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Hitting size 18 and being as heavy as I was at 9m pregnant was my breaking point though I still look like a fattie at 156. :(
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    When my car broke down and I ran out of stamina and breath walking less than a block. I thought "TF has happened to me!? I use to walk 6 miles and barely felt the strain!" I can now walk 2 miles but I feel it..
  • Jude1064
    Jude1064 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Went for standard blood work. Dr said I was diabetic. Decided I had enough. Cut out most carbs and sugar. Started exercising in the pool. Down 14 pounds and my knees and back are feeling so much better. Blood sugar numbers are almost down to normal. Can't wait for my next A1C test to see how much that has went down! Joining the Y soon to start working on building muscle. Next year is my 35th class reunion. I'm hoping to shock a few people!!