What was your point of disgust?

Options

Replies

• VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    When I couldn't sit in a bathtub. I could not fit in a regular bathtub. I cried for about an hour. That was my breaking point, I was just so sick and tired of being sick and tired.
  • cronnym
    cronnym Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mine was just not having any clothes to go out in or wearing the ones i have confidently. I saw stretch marks forming on my lower stomach and that was it, no more sugar! Been a week and I'm sleeping and lasting through the day longer. I feel great with no sugar and only drinking water!
  • mlh6468
    mlh6468 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I received word that my blood sugar was now in the Diabetes Type 2 range. A co-worker, who is very overweight and has horrible eating habits told me "I heard you're one of us now--welcome to the Diabetes Club." That was a turning point for me. I knew I'd have to shape up eventually but that was really the breaking point.
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It has been a lot of things. First I gained 20 pounds in a year, had to buy new pants and tops. But recently I was wearing yoga pants and a tank top at a baseball game and I walked past a window and stopped at a dead stop and almost cried seeing the way I looked in yoga pants. Also Ive never had a muffin top. Now anyway I sit, its there and it wont go away. I refuse to be the lady that shouldn't be wearing a tank top and yoga pants. So now I'm changing. It should have started when the 20 pounds came on and the clothes shopping.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I was fifteen eating cookies out of a bag. My mother, God bless her, gently removed the bag from my hands and put it back in our pantry. I gave her what she calls a Look of Death, but I didn't grab the cookies again. The next morning, I weighed in at 188.8, and vowed I would never be 190. I never was.

I never really looked that bad, but my mom saw the weight creeping on...most of my family is quite large, and we're the exceptions. I'm grateful for her, even though my dad was *kitten*.
  • U2Bad1
    U2Bad1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mine wasn't really about physical appearance. About 6 years ago, I was diagnosed pre-diabetic. I lost 85 pounds and have kept it off.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    mlh6468 wrote: »
    I received word that my blood sugar was now in the Diabetes Type 2 range. A co-worker, who is very overweight and has horrible eating habits told me "I heard you're one of us now--welcome to the Diabetes Club." That was a turning point for me. I knew I'd have to shape up eventually but that was really the breaking point.

The fact that there is even a concept of 'the Diabetes Club' says all that needs to be said about the tragic state of things with many countries' food industries. That really should not be a thing, and also wasn't one quite recently (I'm in my 40s but that's not THAT old! I remember a time when hardly anyone had diabetes—and it'd be Type I, hardly anyone had asthma, peanut allergy, etc. WTF!?). But even worse than that this shift has happened is how quickly we've just internalised it as 'normal'. What on earth can be done to turn this ship around?

Ok I'm a little off-topic. I'll contribute my own story about deciding to lose weight another time.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I remember it vividly.
    I was used to adults asking me when I was due. I always chalked it up people being rude. We had a small church thanksgiving last November (2016) and my friend who was pregnant was talking to a five year old about how she would have a baby soon. The five year old then asked me when my baby was coming. It hurt so bad because I knew it was innocent. It hit me that the adults weren't just being rude, I really did look pregnant.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    A horrible photo.
  • khard1788
    khard1788 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am turning 30 in a few months. I hate the way I look and I have for months now. I began taking a medication to help with some hormonal issues I was having and gained 10 pounds in 2 months! That certainly didn't help my insecurity. My husband is so supportive and says that he loves the way I look, but I am so uncomfortable. They say when you turn 30, your body changes. I don't want to be stuck like this forever! My health genes are TERRIBLE and I want to avoid any medical issues for as long as possible! I've lost a little and it's given me some motivation, but at this point I'm still searching for energy to exercise.

I've still been eating what I want as far as dinner with my family, just less of it. I know that when I start making healthier choices and exercise, I'll see more results!

Good luck to you all <3
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    when i started having issues with reaching my feet to cut nails, or to tie shoelaces. wasnt disgusted, but i decided that i need to lose weight for the first time in my life.