What was your point of disgust?

Options

Replies

• elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Mine was I had to commute to college which meant taking trains walking a lot walking up stairs ect I litterally couldn't do it anymore... something had to be done
  • chantellel0312
    chantellel0312 Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I didn't realize I was even fat people were only complimentary to me until I stepped on the scale at 218lb I was horrified.
    Now at 132lb I'm not 'disgusted' more disappointed with my body my goal is about getting the last few stubborn lbs off.
    I find it difficult to have motivation because after moving to the US nearly everyone is overweight in this city I find it quite depressing.
  • shadowbaby4
    shadowbaby4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I got on the scale at a doctor's appointment and realized I'd gained 10 lbs since my last visit...which had previously been my highest weight ever. I figured if I didn't take charge, I was just going to keep gaining. Downloaded MFP that afternoon and lost those 10 lbs in about 6 weeks. Not much more to go!
  • shinedowness1
    shinedowness1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feeling depressed, energyless, and dislike of my body are all reasons why M.F.P, eating right, and getting enough sleep has become a crucial part of my life. I realized that waking up at a late time, not eating breakfast, laying around, and eating bad choices were not going to change the detriment that I was putting myself into. So, I am slowly but surely bringing myself to a positive outcome.
  • Uisceuisce
    Uisceuisce Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bad photo from holidays and a change in job. I can access a gym near where I work now so I'm delighted
  • JamesMD84
    JamesMD84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Not able to keep up with my little boy who is only two and have another one on the way, always been heavy but it never really held me back. Getting older I can start to feel it affecting my joints so need to do something about it now.
  • jslick0677
    jslick0677 Posts: 11 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I was sitting in the bed.. relaxing...just flipping channels. I noticed that with every breath I took, literally my whole body was moving while I was breathing. I said to myself... you're not supposed to be able to see people breathe...are you??? I was 235 lbs...and not pregnant...I had to change something!
  • descene
    descene Posts: 97 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Last October a few things happened. I went hiking and I physically couldn't do it, I was nauseated from exertion. Something clicked because my weight was starting to affect my freedom, my mobility, my enjoyment of life. I started trying to get back in shape, but I couldn't walk 15 minutes without lower back pain. Then my uncle died. He had some sort of heart surgery, but he stopped seeing doctors, gave up on life, died of a heart attack. That WILL NOT be me if I have a say in it. And now that I'm 60lbs down, improved a lot about my health, and hike 6 miles weekly, might as well keep going... lol. Getting started felt like the hard part. I have so much sympathy for anyone just starting out.
  • GoKasey5
    GoKasey5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im tired of letting life pass me by.
    Of not doing things because of my weight.
    I'm not confident as a big woman - I want my mojo back!

That. Right there. Pretty much much sums it up!!
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Someone asked me if I was having twins.....yikes!
  • Pocket__Cthulhu
    Pocket__Cthulhu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    khard1788 wrote: »
    I am turning 30 in a few months. I hate the way I look and I have for months now. I began taking a medication to help with some hormonal issues I was having and gained 10 pounds in 2 months! That certainly didn't help my insecurity. My husband is so supportive and says that he loves the way I look, but I am so uncomfortable. They say when you turn 30, your body changes. I don't want to be stuck like this forever! My health genes are TERRIBLE and I want to avoid any medical issues for as long as possible! I've lost a little and it's given me some motivation, but at this point I'm still searching for energy to exercise.

I've still been eating what I want as far as dinner with my family, just less of it. I know that when I start making healthier choices and exercise, I'll see more results!

Good luck to you all <3

Whoever "they" are don't know what they're talking about. I'm 30, and I'm in a lot better shape now than I was in my 20's. I know a 63 year old woman who is a foot shorter, 50 pounds lighter and could kick my *kitten*! She's a 2nd degree black belt. Don't let getting old be a barrier, it's in your head and only in your head.

• CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    My moment was when I went to the doctor for knee pain and he said "You've got to get this load off your knees!" I knew the extra weight was not doing my knees any favors, but to actually hear it from a doctor in such a forthright way straightened me right up. He said if I could get down below 160, my knees would feel better and I probably wouldn't need surgery. He also said that doing surgery when I was too heavy would be a bad idea because there wouldn't be a good result.

I've loved walking all my life, and have always wanted to do more traveling and hiking once my kids were grown. I'm not ready to give up that dream. In the past 9 months, I've lost 65 pounds and now weigh 175. My knees have continually improved, but the knee pain still prevents me from walking even one mile. I'm determined to get all the way down to 130 and live the active life I want to live.
  • foxzami
    foxzami Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not disgusted. More like despair. My lightbulb moment was that after a life time of struggle, I'm still doing the same thing. I went to look for clothes for summer, and bought a tshirt without trying it on. When I put it on at home, of course it was too small! :smile: What's wrong with the manufacturers, I thought? All the clothes in the shops must be for tiny people.
    Then I realised it was me who was LARGE. AGAIN. I am keeping the tshirt as a reminder to myself that I WILL fit into it soon, as I'm determined to do this finally, and join the tiny brigade. Well, I won't ever be tiny, but a bit smaller would be nice!
  • jennnessley
    jennnessley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It takes me longer to recover from going up the stairs then actually going up the stairs...
  • cefleischman
    cefleischman Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When suddenly the clothes I used to wear were fitting uncomfortably- particularly my jeans which at one point I had to stop wearing. At this time I also started to notice that I looked different in pictures. I was noticeably bigger and when I started getting the urge to "alter" (photoshop) the pictures, that's when I realized I had a problem. That was my breaking point. I need to own that I let myself go and this is my opportunity to fix it. I want to look at pictures and see someone who is strong, heathy, and happy.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    When I stopped doing my hair or putting on make up before I went to work because "it was going to make a difference anyway".
  • sheepingly
    sheepingly Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    lots of times:

- when i saw myself in a full length mirror recently

- when i could no longer fit in any of my jeans and they're are already size 18

- when my doctor said i had High Blood Pressure (due to weight)

- when i started getting signs of sleep apnea

• x_stephisaur_x
    x_stephisaur_x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I realised that if I got pregnant, I wouldn't need to worry about hiding it for the 1st 12 weeks because my pot belly would disguise it.

Not being able to tell if I'm pregnant or fat is my biggest worry, so I'm committing to get back to a UK size 10/12 before we start trying next year.