Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL that due to the way a rotting apple releases ethylene (which accelerates rotting), one bad apple really does ruin the whole bunch.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL that due to the way a rotting apple releases ethylene (which accelerates rotting), one bad apple really does ruin the whole bunch.

Also, you shouldn't store fresh flowers near fruit (learned this during the grocery store days)
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »

Also, you shouldn't store fresh flowers near fruit (learned this during the grocery store days)

Did you know that you could add a cap full of Vodka to the water to keep cut flowers (buttercups) longer?
  • lifestyle70
    lifestyle70 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    TIL that shaving while listening to George Clintons Erotic City is very tough. Hard to keep the blade moving in unison with the head bobbing to beat of the music.
  • NewlifeinNW
    Options

Did you know that you could add a cap full of Vodka to the water to keep cut flowers (buttercups) longer?

I didn't! I'm just an expert at killing plants. I've decided they look very nice out in nature, instead of dead in my house.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    Options

I didn't! I'm just an expert at killing plants. I've decided they look very nice out in nature, instead of dead in my house.

Doesn't work for roses :( Don't put in too much or else the flowers will start to smell like vodka...Wait, don't they say that vodka does not smell. :/
  • NewlifeinNW
    edited November 2017
    Options

Doesn't work for roses :( Don't put in too much or else the flowers will start to smell like vodka...Wait, don't they say that vodka does not smell. :/

Also, Im not sure if in a desperate moment I might drink the plant water if Vodka was involved :D
  • SneakyVee
    SneakyVee Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    TIL that shaving while listening to George Clintons Erotic City is very tough. Hard to keep the blade moving in unison with the head bobbing to beat of the music.

This belongs in the vague thread
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Tried some new effects to build a logo for an outreach program. Turned out decent for not much design work.

ygj14k315k81.gif

What's going on on top of the C? Or is it just my dirty imagination?

lol. Alrighty...logo ruined, thank you! :o:D
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Tried some new effects to build a logo for an outreach program. Turned out decent for not much design work.

ygj14k315k81.gif

What's going on on top of the C? Or is it just my dirty imagination?

lol. Alrighty...logo ruined, thank you! :o:D

Hahaha! You're welcome! I think.....
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    Options
    TIL that China has Solar Panels that are shaped like Panda Bears. 2xawg8h8dcc8.png
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    TIL Ratko Mladić was sentenced to life in prison this week for committing genocide in Bosnia

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42080090

• cee134
    Options
    TIL That John Lennon wrote "I Am The Walrus" simply because he wanted to mess with people who were trying to analyze The Beatles songs (but inevitably people tried to anyway).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    TIL That Charles Manson did 150 hrs of research on Scientology and declared it too crazy.

Interesting.
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    A lot of times things aren't the way we think they are and as a result we cause ourselves a lot of sadness and unnecessary grief. We need to communicate our feelings with those in our lives so much more than we do!
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL Airplane! is called Flying High! in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Japan, and the Philippines.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,835 Member
    Options
    Some stuff that I need to change about myself!
  • Watching_The_Wheels
    Watching_The_Wheels Posts: 4,571 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    TIL that positive test results are not positive at all
  • Eliena34
    Eliena34 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    The word interrobang - an exclamation point mixed with a question mark. Who knew‽
    interrobang.jpg

Wow! Does it count as correct English Grammer?