Options

Replies

• joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    joemac1988 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL that figs and pistachios aren't always vegan.

How can a fig or pistachio NOT be vegan?

There might be bugs in them.

I saw something once that says people swallow spiders in their sleep...vegans should tape their mouth shut to make sure this doesn't happen.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    That an average Carrier Pigeon can carry 2.5 oz at a time. That being said, it would take approximately 960 pigeons to carry me
  • ayresome75
    ayresome75 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    That an average Carrier Pigeon can carry 2.5 oz at a time. That being said, it would take approximately 960 pigeons to carry me

Home Alone 2 springs to mind!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    TIL That bone china is made from 50% ground up bone. Kind of logical when you think about it.

Serious question: Do vegans avoid using bone china? If so how do you tell if you are in a cafe/restaraunt?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL that in the 1930's a flute player released his pet lyrebird into the wild, which was able to mimic certain phrases of the man's music. The bird has shared the music with other lyrebirds and the same melodies are still sung by these birds today.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL: Of the Blood Falls, a waterfall in Antarctica made up of primordial bacteria which have been sealed away from the rest of the earth for millions of years.

totk823apgbq.jpg
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Til

See
    Miracles
    In
    Life
    Everyday
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that a Japanese firm will use a drone to force overtime staff to go home.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-42275874

6m2uyd6unfyw.jpg
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    That Buy with 1 click option from Amazon is a dangerous tool
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL Otis Redding died at just 26 years old, three days after recording "The Dock of the Bay." His plane crashed on the way to a gig in Madison, WI, where a band called the Grim Reapers was set to open for him. That band went on to become Cheap Trick.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL A group of guys made a to scale model of the solar system in Black Rock Desert, Nevada. They felt that pictures online couldn’t capture the size of our solar system and they wanted to give an accurate example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj4524AAZdE&feature=youtu.be
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I learned too much additional work related stuff lol
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    TIL that Friday, December 15th is National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day, and there is even a website for it. :o
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    TIL that Friday, December 15th is National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day, and there is even a website for it. :o
    I will not be participating that is a holiday for @AliNouveau
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »
    I will not be participating that is a holiday for @AliNouveau

oh yes but my sweaters are all beautiful
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that at around 20 meters (65.6168 feet) underwater gravity overtakes the buoyancy of your body and you start falling towards the center of the earth.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL in 2010 British goat milk farmer reportedly discovered his goats made more milk when Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas is You" was played on loop.