Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options

There are natural painkillers in your saliva, which is why you put your finger in your mouth when it gets a cut.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    There are natural painkillers in your saliva, which is why you put your finger in your mouth when it gets a cut.

That's not why I do it. Blood tastes good.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

That's not why I do it. Blood tastes good.

I have other reasons too. :#
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that roughly 30 years ago, NBA Legend Spencer Haywood chose $100,000 upfront over a 10% stake in Nike. Had he accepted the original offer, his holdings in Nike would be worth a whopping $8.62 billion.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL about the Less Mentioned Hero of the Thai Cave Rescue. Surapin Chaichomphu is from Thai Water Well Association. Volunteer and personally spend around $6,000 USD to bring equipments to dig wells and divert water out of the cave so the rescue team could bring out the Soccer team out safely.

k9x2nla4mzwt.jpg
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    TIL what it’s like to have “cankles” in one leg...I’m not a fan.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    TIL about the Less Mentioned Hero of the Thai Cave Rescue. Surapin Chaichomphu is from Thai Water Well Association. Volunteer and personally spend around $6,000 USD to bring equipments to dig wells and divert water out of the cave so the rescue team could bring out the Soccer team out safely.

k9x2nla4mzwt.jpg

Pretty cool that they've already made a statue of him from mud.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that after Kanye's interruption of Taylor Swifts acceptance speech, Comedy Central played a South Park episode mocking Kanye's ego, four times in a row, back to back.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    TIL that the Japanese practice of repairing broken pottery with gold or silver lacquer is called Kintsukuroi which is based on the philosophy that the object is more beautiful because it was broken.

qtgfpx4axi76.jpg

I love this
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Annalee82_ wrote: »
    That apparently this is possible.

2d6127c1dad8ac2b5c102670b20df16b.jpg

And that if someone says never to google something, I will.

Truth. It happened to me. And set me up for a lifetime of dental problems.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    TIL what it’s like to have “cankles” in one leg...I’m not a fan.

You are NOT pregnant Spartan! Geez! :D
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that Mexico's Great Pyramid of Cholula is the largest monument ever constructed on earth, having nearly twice the volume of the Great Pyramid of Giza. A pre-classical masterpiece, it was found to be part of a vast complex of interwoven rooms and temples. Excavations are ongoing.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that during filming of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Gene Wilder liked to keep the kids on their toes. None of the kids had seen the chocolate room prior to filming the scene or his rant in the famous boat scene. Most looks of shock were genuine and they thought Gene had lost it.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that Bruce Willis is partially deaf in his left ear due to some of the loud explosions and gunfire while filming Die Hard. “Due to an accident on the first Die Hard, I suffer two-thirds partial hearing loss in my left ear and have a tendency to say, ‘Whaaa?’” Willis said.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
  • tcarp8
    tcarp8 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    That I've been eating like a pig recently