Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL 48 hours before Deadpool was green lit by 20th Century Fox, the studio cut the film's budget by $7-8 million down to $58 million. Numerous changes were made as a result, such as having Deadpool forget his bag of guns before the final battle sequence to avoid a costly gun fight in the third act.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    A group of Hedgehogs is called an array.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    A group of Hedgehogs is called an array.

My favorite fact for the day.
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    That you can bid and buy boxes of amazon returns. Thanks internet.
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL that figs and pistachios aren't always vegan.

I've heard about figs, whats the deal with pistachios? Im assuming it also has something to do with insects?
  • cee134
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL that figs and pistachios aren't always vegan.

I've heard about figs, whats the deal with pistachios? Im assuming it also has something to do with insects?

Yes, both may have insects.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that the territory of Nevada was rushing to become a state in time for the 1864 presidential election. After writing a state constitution with only days to spare, they sent all 16,543 words of it to Congress via telegram. Transmission took 2 full days and cost $4,303.27 (over $67,000 today).
  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    Options
    That posting that you worked on your shoulders and boobs will make your friends list shrink!
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Completely on accident, TIL that if you hit the key stork combo of CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow it will flip your screen upside down. I feel some practical jokes are in order. Mwahahahha
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    I'm not Cool enough

Yes, you are: you like Chick Fil A.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL Some people are actually afraid of being too happy because they think something tragic is going to happen soon. This is known as Cherophobia.
  • cee134
    edited September 2018
    Options
    TIL in 2001 India started building roads that hold together using polymer glues made from shredded plastic wastes. These plastic roads have developed no potholes and cracks after years of use, and they are cheaper to build. As of 2016, there are more than 21,000 miles of plastic roads.

7hsnq732fzn4.jpg

• cee134
    edited September 2018
    Options
    TIL about Andy George who spent $1,500 and 6 months making a single sandwich completely from scratch. He did absolutely everything from making his own cheese to harvesting his own wheat. He made his own salt and made his own oil. He grew sunflowers and collected their seeds to extract fat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URvWSsAgtJE
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Completely on accident, TIL that if you hit the key stork combo of CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow it will flip your screen upside down. I feel some practical jokes are in order. Mwahahahha

I want to try this, but how do you get it back? CTRL + ALT + Down Arrow ??

Yes
  • cee134
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

I want to try this, but how do you get it back? CTRL + ALT + Down Arrow ??

Yes

Don't forget to take a screen shot and make that the background image, then hide all the icons so only the screen shot shows them. For a bonus you can reverse the mouse too.