Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL that most of the flight team responsible for the Voyager spacecraft have had their jobs since the 1980s; the team's lead scientist is 81 years old.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    Many elevators in Denmark have a button labeled 'I fart', which translates as 'In motion'. When Queen Elizabeth II visited in 1960, strips of tape were used to cover these buttons in any elevators she used

This made me giggle.

TIL you can grill watermelon. What the hell. My mind is blown.
    hc2mz7wbrawb.jpg

You have to get out more if this blew your mind lol

Wellll... it's just unheard of around these parts of the world. Some people here eat watermelon with bread, but grilled? Nope. I am way curious now.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Many elevators in Denmark have a button labeled 'I fart', which translates as 'In motion'. When Queen Elizabeth II visited in 1960, strips of tape were used to cover these buttons in any elevators she used

This made me giggle.

TIL you can grill watermelon. What the hell. My mind is blown.
    hc2mz7wbrawb.jpg

What I what to know is what did they just season that with?

Lime peel and red pepper flakes. Had to Google image search to retrieve this information. You damn well better appreciate it.

I will remember this act of loyalty and will repay it

It's more like a favor. I'll let you know when you'll be required to get even.
  • cee134
    edited August 2018
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    That Toni is a fake.

Whoever Toni is.

The tiger?
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    That Toni is a fake.

Whoever Toni is.

The tiger?

THEY'REEEEEEE ALright I guess.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    @km8907 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    That Toni is a fake.

Whoever Toni is.

The tiger?

THEY'REEEEEEE ALright I guess.

Had them with a side of bacon? Mmmmm good!

^thanks noob noob. This guy gets it.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that all ships visiting the ancient city of Alexandria were obliged to surrender their books for immediate copying. The owners received a copy and the originals were placed in the Library of Alexandria.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL a terrier named Igloo traveled to both the North and South Poles in the 1920s as a companion to his human, explorer Admiral Richard Bird. He chased penguins, picked fights with the sled dogs, and had a camel-hair suit made for him to keep him warm. His headstone is shaped like an iceberg.
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    TIL that the n in 7 ELEVEn isn't capitalized like the rest of the word. Never noticed that before.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    TIL that the n in 7 ELEVEn isn't capitalized like the rest of the word. Never noticed that before.

This made me curious, so now TIL this was because:
    “To the best of our corporate research here at 7-Eleven, it is believed that the wife of the company’s president during the 1960s thought the look of the name in the logo ‘7-ELEVEN’ seemed a little harsh with ALL CAPS, and she suggested that the N be changed to lower case to make the logo look more graceful,”
  • Raquel_Mama
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

This made me curious, so now TIL this was because:
    “To the best of our corporate research here at 7-Eleven, it is believed that the wife of the company’s president during the 1960s thought the look of the name in the logo ‘7-ELEVEN’ seemed a little harsh with ALL CAPS, and she suggested that the N be changed to lower case to make the logo look more graceful,”

Well, there you go! Thank you :smiley:
  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    Options
    TIL that @Raquel_Mama is no longer on my friends list I wonder when this happened? I need to be a better friend!
  • Raquel_Mama
    Options
    epr3996 wrote: »
    TIL that @Raquel_Mama is no longer on my friends list I wonder when this happened? I need to be a better friend!

She's not on mine either...hmmm?

I don't even know who you are...... lol
  • Raquel_Mama
    Options
    epr3996 wrote: »

She's not on mine either...hmmm?

I don't even know who you are...... lol

Oh...is that a requirement?

Well no, I didn't know anybody here when I joined. But, it's nice to put a face to a name.