Water Fasting...What's your experience?

Options
123457»

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Look up "A Healthy Alternative" on YouTube. Great channel and have a whole community dedicated to resetting the body and eliminating toxins ( from food, cleaning products, beauty products, etc)
    They have a lot of success stories and even have a Facebook group where they have thousands of people that have posted their success and whatnot.

Fasting isn't crazy, it is done for many reasons, by many people and of done right, it is amazing to give your body a break from constantly digesting so it can focus 110% on healing your body from the inside out.

Many people experience lack of acne, lack of allergies, cases where the body has cured itself of many things like fibromyalgia, diabetes, and many others.
    I know this is true because this channel A healthy alternative changed my life and has showed me that our body's are amazing miraculous things and are capable of so much more than we can understand.

Thousands of people,
    Everyone in the community can more than vouch for the results.
    The saying is "The application of knowledge is power" and don't take anyone's word for it, try it, experience it for yourself, but do so with the right knowledge and right intentions.

Hope you all have a blessed day (:

I don't even know where to start with how wrong all of this is
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Look up "A Healthy Alternative" on YouTube. Great channel and have a whole community dedicated to resetting the body and eliminating toxins ( from food, cleaning products, beauty products, etc)
    They have a lot of success stories and even have a Facebook group where they have thousands of people that have posted their success and whatnot.

Fasting isn't crazy, it is done for many reasons, by many people and if done right, it is amazing to give your body a break from constantly digesting so it can focus 110% on healing your body from the inside out.

Many people experience lack of acne, lack of allergies, cases where the body has cured itself of many things like fibromyalgia, diabetes, and many others.
    I know this is true because this channel has literally changed my life and has showed me that our body's are amazing miraculous things and are capable of so much more than we can understand.

Thousands of people,
    The saying is "The application of knowledge is power" and don't take anyone's word for it, try it, experience it for yourself, but do so with the right knowledge and right intentions.

Facebook.....ugh.
  • sarahdipendee1
    sarahdipendee1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Fasting isn't crazy, it is done for many reasons, by many people and if done right, it is amazing to give your body a break from constantly digesting so it can focus 110% on healing your body from the inside out.

I know this is true because this channel has literally changed my life and has showed me that our body's are amazing miraculous things and are capable of so much more than we can understand.

Thousands of people,

Facebook is not a place for reliable place information.

I think you mean 'Facebook is not a reliable source of information'

And that community is no different than this one that you are placing your opinion in.

However that one contains thousands of people who have done it and experienced it and tell their stories of their journey and are not just expressing biased opinions on something never even attempted but I digress.

Believe me, or don't, honestly it has no bearing, but my own experience and story is far stronger than anyone's opinion, but once again, i digress.
    :wink:

You caught me before the edit. How about some real science.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/toxins-the-new-evil-humours/

Thousands of people,

And that community is no different than this one that you are placing your opinion in.

However that one contains thousands of people who have done it and experienced it and tell their stories of their journey and are not just expressing biased opinions on something never even attempted but I digress.

Believe me, or don't, honestly it has no bearing, but my own experience and story is far stronger than anyone's opinion, but once again, i digress.

Real science? In the link you provided It is clearly opinion based. And doesn't provide any source of information for the statements made. Literally not one.
    Toxins are very real. Look at each ingredient in packaged foods. Inside cleaning products. Look up the ingredients. Every. Last. One. Do some real reasearch from multiple credible resources and you'll be sent down the rabbit hole.

Here I'll even give you somewhere to start

https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov

A reliable site, government made, from the California Office of Enviromental Health Hazard Assessment.

It says California but it's everywhere, but California has made it a law that consumers have the right to make informed decisions on the amount of toxic exposure they decide to subject themselves to.

When you're open to ideas and aren't so closed off about what you believe, you learn so much more. Not one person knows everything, we can't and aren't meant to. But when you are able to say wow maybe I don't know as much as I originally thought I did, and open yourself up to receiving and filtering information, you experience personal and character growth, but this last paragraph is just my opinion, because i was once on the other side in complete denial at the world around me but I eventually learned that my perception is so limited that you have no other choice but to expand your mind and thought processes into subjects that aren't exactly black and white.

But hey, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

Thousands of people,

Thousands of people,

Real science? In the link you provided It is clearly opinion based. And doesn't provide any source of information for the statements made. Literally not one.
    Toxins are very real. Look at each ingredient in packaged foods. Inside cleaning products. Look up the ingredients. Every. Last. One. Do some real reasearch from multiple credible resources and you'll be sent down the rabbit hole.

Here I'll even give you somewhere to start

https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov

A reliable site, government made, from the California Office of Enviromental Health Hazard Assessment.

It says California but it's everywhere, but California has made it a law that consumers have the right to make informed decisions on the amount of toxic exposure they decide to subject themselves to.

When you're open to ideas and aren't so closed off about what you believe, you learn so much more. Not one person knows everything, we can't and aren't meant to. But when you are able to say wow maybe I don't know as much as I originally thought I did, and open yourself up to receiving and filtering information, you experience personal and character growth, but this last paragraph is just my opinion, because i was once on the other side in complete denial at the world around me but I eventually learned that my perception is so limited that you have no other choice but to expand your mind and thought processes into subjects that aren't exactly black and white.

But hey, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

We all know there are toxins though. The question is, if there is a toxin, or some kind of unsafe substance, that I consume, what happens to it in my body? And by what mechanism does it leave my body?

Why would my body store these substances somewhere rather than just have them continue through the digestive process and pass right out? If they are truly harmful, wouldn't shooting them right through the normal channels and out the back door make the most sense? My body is doing literally hundreds of things at once, why would taking a break from eating make a difference in whether or not my body can eliminate these bad actors? Why would "eliminating toxins" be one thing my body doesn't do because it's busy digesting other stuff?

I'm not trying to pick an argument, these are honest questions and ones I've yet to see someone attempt to answer. It just doesn't make sense to me.
  • KowboyKraka
    KowboyKraka Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am not opposed to a water fast. I did a modified version for 6 weeks. Sunday-Thursday was nothing but water and a diet Dr. Pepper. Then Friday-Saturday I would eat what I wanted. Sunday I took magnesium citrate and flushed my system to start my week off again. Was this healthy, HELL no. Did I lose weight, YES. I dropped 26lbs in the 6 weeks.

Let me add this though, I didn't do any kind of working out. Honestly I couldn't. By day 3 I would get light headed and almost felt like I was going to black out a few times standing up to fast. It was not really a great way to go through the week.

On another note, KETO. I was able to drop the same amount of weight eating hflc and still being able to workout in the same amount of time. I didn't get any dizzy spells and I felt great. Feel great. I am into keto almost 2.5mts and I am down 30+lbs. I have hit a plateau but I also have not worked out in the past week and a half.

So basically, spiritually if you are trying to reach another plain then sure go for it, but be prepared to not do any kind of physical activity. Use this time more for meditation and maybe a time to prove to yourself that you can do it if you put your mind to it. "YES I CAN". But my honest opinion is that you should just watch what you eat, reduce your intake of added sugars, starches, breads, pastas and eat a more balanced meal plan.

I know that this thread started over a year ago and not sure if you actually attempted it or not. I was not going to read through 7 pages of comments. In the end, as others have stated, you do you boo boo.