Healthy Weight Loss - 1 Year Transformation

PrincesseAly23
PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
Hello there,

I'm new to this site. I think creating a challenge will be a wonderful way to find a support team and remain accountable.

Due to some unexpected personal and health issues I've had in the past year, I've let go of healthy eating and exercise habits and gained 60Lbs (27.27 kilos). My highest weight which I reached just a little while ago was 201 Lbs (91.36 kilos). I have an incredibly accepting and supportive husband who loves me exactly the way I am right now, but I would like to surprise him by losing the weight I've gained and being able to fit into a dress I wore for him on our First New Years Eve together (3 years ago). My goal is to wear that dress for our 3rd Wedding Anniversary.

I like to take small steps and not be too hard on myself. In the past I've had issues with negative internal dialogue about my body and I don't want that to start up again. I encourage others to join me on this positive, and healthy journey! I believe losing 5Lbs a month is a realistic and safe goal.

Please feel free to post whatever makes you comfortable (weight, measurements, or just general emotional state of being).

Here are my stats right now:
Starting weight: July 20, 2017: 199.6 Lbs (90.72 kilos)
Goal Weight: 145 Lbs (Or less if possible)
Weight to lose: 54.6 Lbs

Measurements:
Upper Arms: 14"
Waist: 38"
Stomach/Hips: 46"
Thigh: 27"

I'd like to get more fit and understand the muscle weighs more than fat, so if I don't make my weight but am able to drop some pant sizes, I'd be happy with that too! :)

My goal is to lose whatever I can before the end of July and then to lose 5 Lbs in August.

Please join in and share your 1 Year journey with me <3

Replies

• MikaMaca92
    MikaMaca92 Posts: 10 Member
    I have more to lose than you but any gaol is a good one so I'll join!! I will weigh in the morning and post my measurement too.
  • MikaMaca92
    Well crap I forgot and I ate breakfast first! I'll still post though.
    Start weight: July 22, 2017 229.3 lbs
    Goal weight: 130 lbs
    Weight to lose: about 100 lbs
    Height (for some context): 5'5"
    Measurements
    Arms: 16"
    Waist: 40"
    Stomach/ Hips: 50"
    Thigh: 29"

Didn't realize how high these numbers were and now I feel terrible but that's good. So here goes nothing.
    My goal is to make a loss at all.
  • PrincesseAly23
    Thank you so much for posting MikaMaca92! No need to feel terrible. Those numbers are just reference points. In a few weeks you'll be feeling EXCELLENT! It gives you more to measure than the scale. (Sometimes, the scale doesn't move, but the measurements do!!! It's really uplifting to know you body is changing even if it doesn't seem like it on the scale). I only do my measurements once a month and on en empty stomach in the morning. The ones I posted were taken at the end of June, so I'll post July's late next week. Please don't feel OBLIGATED to post each month if you don't want to. This is all about the positive journey :smiley: You do and post whatever will help you feel empowered <3
  • PrincesseAly23
    @curvylicious369 Thanks so much for joining! Don't think in terms of "big" or "small" and don't worry about our thoughts... there's no judgement here only self-improvement. I think I can speak for the whole group when I say we're not thinking anything about anyone's size except our own. This group is meant to give us motivation and to show us how much we can accomplish when we put our minds to it! You ladies will see, a year isn't a very long time, but it's long enough to make a BIG difference. :) I'm positive that we're going to accomplish great things together this year!!!
  • PrincesseAly23
    Head's up everyone, I will be posting my new measurements and weight on Aug 1st. If you don't mind, I'd love it if we could all remember to BOLD our once-a-month numbers so that we can look back and see our progress together at a glance! Sending lots of happy thoughts to you all! <3o:)
  • curvylicious369
    curvylicious369 Posts: 61 Member
    Ok so I did post on the right one lol. I'll try to figure out how to bold :) and also how to do measurements
  • PrincesseAly23
    I got a $1 sewing kit from Dollerama and used the tape measure that was included. :wink: To BOLD you just highlight the text and click the "B" at the top of the message box and the system will bold it for you once you hit "Post" :blush:
  • AccountableAmber
    AccountableAmber Posts: 90 Member
    I'm hoping to be done in less than a year, but when I think about eating Thanksgiving and Christmas food, I know I'm going to have to give myself a some more time to achieve my goal!

Starting weight: 224 lbs
    Current weight: 201.5
    Goal weight: 110 lbs
    Weight to lose: 91.5

I've already lost an inch on my arms and legs, two inches on my waist, and three off my stomach/hips, and this is what's left right now.

Measurements:
    Upper Arms: 14"
    Waist: 37"
    Stomach/Hips: 45"
    Thigh: 28"

Good luck everyone!
  • PrincesseAly23
    WONDERFUL! Thanks for joining this challenge AccountableAmber. I also have to say: Congratulations on your hard work and great results so far! 23Lbs (and all of those inches) is fantastic progress already. :D This is going to be a great transformation and I look forward to sharing it with you!
  • smiar
    smiar Posts: 2 Member
    OK so I am just starting but sounds like this is what I need...as and extra help...

Starting weight 7-26-17 190lbs (biggest I have ever been)

I don't know my measurements

goal weight 150 lbs

weight to lose 40 lbs I'll take more

my biggest thing is I graze I work in an office usually by my self and I just eat....any suggestions on "good" stuff to help me feel full.
  • PrincesseAly23
    Thanks for joining @smiar!

I ALSO work in an office where food is readily available (today it was chocolate brownies and cookies). It depends on how unhealthy the food is that you are currently "grazing". My advice to anyone who is trying to make a change is to NOT do it radically. If you are used to munching on chips and chocolate bars everyday and then you bring carrot and celery sticks to work the next day, you're most likely going to be either 1. miserable &/or 2. feel hungrier/unsatisfied, &/or 3. end up ditching your healthy snack for a carb-filled goody and then telling yourself "I'll try again tomorrow".

EX. I started by switching out my daily chips/crackers for homemade popcorn that I brought in a large Tupperware container (I seasoned it JUST like I love... olive oil, salt & cayenne pepper). Then I switched to sea-weed (it's crunchy and salty and has 0 calories so if you can get past the fishy taste it's great! but some people can't) and THEN I switched to nuts/veggies. Over time my taste-buds adapted to healthier flavors and I lost my daily craving for salty/greasy chips.

I'm working on doing the same things with sugary drinks. I knew I would want pop at noon, so I brought a waterbottle filled with perrier water and juice. Now I drink water with lemon in it or tea.

I hope some of this helps! Welcome to the group! :smiley:
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    I will give it a try!

Starting weight: 258 lbs
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 140 lbs
    Weight to lose: 90
  • missm2
    missm2 Posts: 608 Member
    I would like to join
    SW/CW 204lbs
    GW 150lbs
    Weight to lose 54lbs
  • PrincesseAly23
    Thanks so much for joining @typeitdaily and @missm2! We wish you good luck in your quest for a healthier body!
  • PrincesseAly23
    Happy August 1st everyone!

I have TOM visiting, so my measurements and weight haven't changed from last month. I've only lost about 2 Lbs in the last 2 weeks and haven't been working out so no change to my measurements is normal.

I'm not discouraged though. I'll just try harder this month and get out and exercise a bit. This is keeping me accountable!

Have a great day!
  • AccountableAmber
    AccountableAmber Posts: 90 Member
    I'll be doing this the first of every month as well, just to make it easier on myself!

1 year starting weight: 201.5 lbs
    Current weight: 199.6
    Goal weight: 110 lbs
    Weight to lose: 91.5

Measurements:
    Upper Arms: 13.5"
    Waist: 37"
    Stomach/Hips: 45"
    Thigh: 28"
  • alterone1982
    alterone1982 Posts: 18 Member
    Just the inspiration and support I need! Thank you PrincessAly23!
    Starting weight (8/30/17) 222 lbs
    Goal Weight 170 lbs
    Weight to lose 52 lbs

Measurements:
    Upper Arms: 14.75"
    Waist: 38"
    Stomach/Hips: 46.5"
    Thigh: 29.5"

We may be taking a vacation (swimsuits involved) in March and I have a goal to get to 180 by then.
  • MikaMaca92
    Well, I'm posting on the 1st too despite it only being 10 days since I started. July was a roller coaster month with many bad decisions and mental breakdowns but I disheartedly weighed myself today anyways. I lost 0.7 pounds in the last 10 days. I'll take it. My measurements are basically the same as before.
    August 1
    Weight: 228.6
    Height: 5'5"
    Arm: 16"
    Waist: 40"
    Stomach/Hips: 50"
    Thigh: 29"
    Goal: 130
    Weight loss so far 0.7lb
  • PrincesseAly23
    edited August 2017
    Thanks to everyone for posting! New Month, New Beginning, and EXTRA motivation!!! Keep up the good work!!!