Healthy Weight Loss - 1 Year Transformation

Options

Replies

• PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I've decided that it's time to post my FULL stats. I've not done this in a while because I didn't really have any change.

Here are my original stats:
    Starting weight: July 20, 2017: 199.6 Lbs (90.72 kilos)
    Goal Weight: 145 Lbs (Or less if possible)
    Weight to lose: 54.6 Lbs

Measurements:
    Upper Arms: 14"
    Waist: 38"
    Stomach/Hips: 46"
    Thigh: 27"

Here are my stats right now:
    Starting weight: Oct. 29, 2017: 188.6 Lbs (85.73 kilos)
    Goal Weight: 145 Lbs (Or less if possible)
    Weight to lose: 43.6 Lbs

Measurements:
    Upper Arms: 14"
    Waist: 36"
    Stomach/Hips: 45.5"
    Thigh: 27"

I know I'm not going to see much change in my measurements until I start working out, but any progress is good progress and 10 Lbs in 3 months is fantastic progress for me!

(The lowest weight I've seen was 187.4 but it was yesterday and today I'm bloated with TOM and so I'm back up again. We will see how next month goes!)
  • AccountableAmber
    AccountableAmber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1 year starting weight: 201.5 lbs
    Weight to lose: 91.5
    Measurements:
    Upper Arms: 13.5"
    Waist: 37"
    Stomach/Hips: 45"
    Thigh: 28"
    Current Weight: 195.4 lbs
    Weight to lose: 85.4 lbs
    Upper arms:13.5
    Waist: 36.5
    Stomach: 44.5
    Thigh: 27.5
    Current Weight: 188.6 lbs
    Weight to lose: 78.6 lbs
    Waist: 35.5
    Stomach: 42.5
    Thigh: 27
    Current Weight: 186
    Goal weight: 110 lbs
    Weight to lose: 76
    Measurements:
    Upper Arms: 13"
    Waist: 35.5"
    Stomach/Hips: 42.5"

Didn't lose much this month. Hopefully November will be better!
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Hello team! I'm checking in. It's almost mid-November and so I'll give you an update...

I've been wobbling between 186.8 and 189.0 for 2.5 weeks now. I decided to let myself have a little fun this past week and celebrate my career change by going to some of my favorite restaurants and enjoying some of my favourite foods. I enjoyed responsibly (small portions... didn't over do it. No binging), but when you're using low-carb to lose weight you gain water and fat VERY quickly as soon as you go over your carb count.

I'm still in the 180's (just barely) but the scale flashed 190 this morning and gave me a wake-up call.

Tomorrow I begin a new career and I'm extremely excited about it!!! But I also want my new life-style to help me look good in my new clothes!!! I'm determined to see 185 or lower by Christmas and have promised myself not to gain over the holidays.

I encourage you all to post and let me know how you're doing!!!
  • AccountableAmber
    Options
    I'm in the low 180's now. I did some calculations and if I want to lose 2 lbs a week with my BMR I could only eat 500 calories a day. (I wouldn't classify myself as even sedentary as most days I only get about 200 or so steps in.) I also had only lost 2 lbs last month, and according to my calculations, without working out, that's teetering between BMR and sedentary. So I started doing cardio at the gym, which sucks. haha, but I'm on my way back to 2lbs per week (not eating back any of the calories) so it looks like I did the math right. :) that's my half month update!
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I’m currently travelling so will post where I’m at when I get back next week.

I was really sick the last 2 weeks and dropped 5lbs. I expect to gain some back on this vacation, at least in water weight cause I’m eating tons of carbs.

Congratulations on the new career @princessaly23! What is your new profession?
  • ABDollar1209
    ABDollar1209 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight : 250
    HalfWay Weight: 200
    End Goal Weight: 180
    To lose: 70lbs

11/19/2017
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I want to join!

Starting Weight: 198 lbs Nov.1st
    Current Weight: 189.5 lbs Nov 19th
    Goal weight: 135 lbs
    Weight to lose:60 lbs

• PrincesseAly23
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Thank you to all of our new members!!! The more the merrier!

And Thank you to all of our regular members for giving me your 1/2 month update!

I'm so happy to see that you're all doing well.

@lady_bug_jd I'm sorry to hear that you were sick and i hope that your trip went well! My new profession is in sales/retention. I NEVER imagined myself in sales before, so it's a real challenge... but Im enjoying the training so far and I think I'll be good at it eventually. :smile:
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Hi everyone! I thought I'd stop in and give a little update since today is the 1st of a new month.

I'll be honest.. I've been having a really hard time keeping to my goals. I'd changed my cal & carb goals to make them more realistic for the holidays, but I'm still going over every day.

I'm still NOT binging, which is great, and I'm not orver-eating or obsessing about food or dealing with negative dialogue, which is wonderful, but I just keep slipping in extra things that screw up my numbers... ex: I pack a nutritious & low carb lunch, but then a coworker brings in homemade baking and so I take one. (Since I'm new, I also don't want to be rude to people being kind to me, so it's not as easy saying "no" here as it was at my last job). Then in the afternoon I grab a cappuccino or a hot chocolate from the awesome (and FREE) drink machine at work instead of my healthy peppermint tea. Then I get home and I'm munchy so I have a little snack before dinner - whereas before I'd have just waited till dinner was ready.

So it's the slow rise on the scale (yes, I'm back in the 90's again and I'm soooooo mad at myself). The worst part is that it's all because of very small and "insignificant" amounts of food. I've had great self control when it comes to eating out or eating veggies vs pasta, but the little treats are KILLING me. So it needs to stop!!! No MORE sugar cookies!!! (At least not unless they fit into my daily allowances).

As extra motivation I printed off my food diary for the past 30 days and highlighted all of the days where I went over my goals. Contrary to July-Sept I've gone over my goals EVERY DAY in Nov except for 2. That was a real wake up call. No wonder I've gained 5 lbs back! This weekend is family Christmas and the weekend after is another party.

I want to quickly get rid of those pesky 5 Lbs that have crept back on before Christmas. So that's my daily goal for the whole month of December. Just keep to my new goals every day and not gain another ounce.

I want to get back to saying no to the little extras. That seemed to be enough to help me lose weight up till now, so I'm sure it will work again if I keep myself on track. Also, staying on here and being publicly accountable is a HUGE deal for me... every year I'd disappear off of here for the months of December and January. NOT this year! :smile:

Wishing you all a happy and healthy December!
  • AccountableAmber
    Options
    Measurements:
    Measurements:

Current Weight: 181.2
    Weight to lose: 71.2
    Measurements:
    Upper Arms: 12.5" (-1in)
    Waist: 34" (-2.5in)
    Stomach/Hips: 41.5" (-3in)
    Thigh: 26" (-1in)

I'm happy with my losses. :) I'm still feeling motivated, but it's feeling different lately. Maybe it's because the pace has changed from -2 lbs a week to around -.5 per week, but it's no longer feeling like a race. (I planned to be at my goal weight by July 2018.) I'm not as concerned with the deadlines I made in my head. I just want to get there by putting in my efforts each week. Minus the few weeks coming up (Me and my BF 6 year Anniversary dinner, our friend group's Thanksgiving, and Christmas). I'm not expecting loss for December at all, so when I check in on Jan 1st, try not to judge too much :P
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Hello everyone,

As December draws to a close I realize I've not been on this chat in forever!

I failed in my goals to not gain over the holiday season. I actually saw 197.0 yesterday. (So I'm up about 10 lbs... which I s what happened EVERY YEAR). I thought all of these terrible numbers where behind me... but if you don’t pay attention the weight creeps back quicker that you think! To be fair... I was super ill for 1.5 weeks and then broke a rib 2 weeks ago and haven't been able to work out at ALL AND I've got TOM visiting... so this weeks number might be slightly inflated. But the fact remains... I've gained back roughly 10lbs of weight I'd worked so hard to lose. I’m staying positive though and know I’ll lose it all again in the new year... I’m just disappointed that I fell into the Christmas trap AGAIN this year. I celebrated from November to now. It was ridiculous. Let’s hope that we see some return to the positive changes i had made before the cold weather hit.

I've never ever stayed with MFP this long. I'm on my 165th day. I know that staying accountable will help me succeed!

Wishing you all a very happy New Year! Xo
  • lady_bug_jd
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted on here for so long. I had pneumonia and just couldn't stand to eat my usual low carb food and then gave into all the Christmas treats which I don't normally do. So in the last month I managed to gain 8lbs, getting back up to just shy of 200lbs (199.4). Ugh, disappointing.

Even during the month I was eating unhealthy I kept thinking about getting back to it and had it in my mind that come boxing day I would restart and did. This is an improvement for me. In the past I would return to eating unhealthily and it would take me so long, usually months, to get back to it.

So, I'm here recommitting to continuing on with my weight loss goals. I'm planning to be pretty strict for the next couple months before I let myself have a planned "cheat meal". I've pre-made 2 meals in bulk and frozen them in individual portions and will make 2 or 3 more recipes this weekend so I have easy options ready for the next while. Hoping I can stay motivated to do it!

Posting my updated stats. Most of my measurements are back to where they were around mid-October.

Starting Weight & Measurements
    Starting weight: 214 lbs (Aug 7, 2017)
    Goal weight: 135 lbs
    Weight to lose: 79 lbs
    Waist: 40
    Hips: 46
    Arms: 14
    Thighs: 27.5

Current Weight & Measurements
    Current weight: 196.2
    Total lbs lost: 17.8
    Percentage lost: 8.32%
    Goal weight: 135
    Weight to lose: 61.2 lbs
    Waist: 38.5
    Hips: 44.3
    Arms: 13.5
    Thighs: 26

Happy New Year! Let's do this!
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    That's fantastic @lady_bug_dj ! Great way to pick yourself back up and get back on the horse before New Years! I've done the same thing (lost 2 lbs of bloating already!) and you're right We CAN do this!!!!! I'm looking forward to reaching our goals together in 2018!
  • AccountableAmber
    Options
    Measurements:
    Measurements:

Current Weight: 181.2
    Weight to lose: 71.2
    Measurements:
    Stomach/Hips: 41.5" (-3in)
    Thigh: 26" (-1in)

Current Weight: 179.8
    Weight to lose: 69.8
    Measurements:
    Stomach/Hips: 41" (-3.5in)
    Thigh: 25.5" (-1.5in)

I didn't lose much, but wasn't planning on it for December anyways. Lot's of life stuff happening as well. I got new job, got engaged, and am currently in the process of buying a house. Hopefully I don't resort to stress eating!

• lady_bug_jd
    Options
    Congratulations on the engagement @AccountableAmber! So many life events that can make this harder but that is why it is important to look at it as a change in our way of eating, be kind to ourselves when we have a bad day, week, month of eating and get back to it each time. You will do it! And now you will have your wedding as motivation.

Thanks @PrincesseAly23! I think we are in the same boat getting sick and then going a little (alot) Christmas Crazy! :)
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Yes exactly! I was so sick of not being able to eat or taste anything that I went wild and now I'm paying for it! Up on the scale again today even though I was a good girl. I've got a feeling that these Christmas pounds are gonna put up a fight.

@AccountableAmber Yay!!!!!! Congrats!!!! I LOVE weddings. LOVE THEM!!! I've been to about 15 and I can't get enough. Lol. Planning a wedding and buying a house are BIG stressful events. But they can also be fun and exciting. It's good you've got in your mind that you want to avoid stress eating. And you've got a great support team here on MFP if you feel you're slipping up too much. Congrats on all that you've already accomplished and congrats again on all of the happy things in store for you this year!
  • PrincesseAly23
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi Team,
    So for those of you who haven't seen my profile... I've updated my goals. I have a wedding I need to go to and be a part of on Sept 1st 2018. That gives me 8 months and 27 days to lose 37 lbs. I've updated everything on MFP to reflect these changes. I REFUSE to be overweight for ANOTHER wedding (I was disgusted by photos of me at the wedding of my best friend last year, it is partly what motivated me to make a change).

New Goal: 160 lbs by Sept 1st 2018
    Starting Stats: 197 lbs on Jan 4th 2018

Weight to lose: 37 lbs (approx 1 lb a week)

Highest Weight ever: 201 lbs March 2017
    Ultimate Goal (where I felt the healthiest and looked the best): 145-150 lbs
    Weight to lose to ultimate goal: 52 lbs

I did not measure this morning as I was running late, but I will tomorrow and add that here as well.
  • 25agirard
    25agirard Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi--can I join?
    Back story--I've lost and gained the same 30 lbs about 4 times in my adult life...except that every time I gain it back I also gain an additional 5 or so!! :( I am working and determined to drop it and maintain feeling healthy and energetic again. I am at the highest weight I've ever been, and it feels awful. I am athletic (at least I used to be) and I am looking forward to setting some goals with sports that might push me.

Starting Weight & Measurements
    Starting weight: 187 lbs (Jan 4, 2018)
    Goal weight: 145-150 lbs
    Weight to lose: about 40 lbs

I would love some friends who understand just how real the struggle is!!
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    @25agirard Welcome to our little group! We're happy to have you on this journey with us!

I promised I'd post new measurements for my new goal... turns out not much has changed since my very first day... but that's ok! Here they are anyway:

Weight today: 194.8
    Upper arm: 14
    Waist: 39
    Hips (under belly button): 45.5
    Thigh: 28
  • PrincesseAly23
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Happy February Everyone!!!!!!

I weighed today and I've not really moved since Jan 4th. I'm 196.6 right now. I'm not stressing about it though. In fact I'm feeling AMAZING!!! I've been really sticking to my New Years Resolutions: Get healthy, Get Active, and (most of all) Stay POSITIVE!!!

I've been taking care of my body in a new way. I listen to what it wants. It may sound a bit obvious for some... but I've not ever really listened to my body before. I've had years of yoyo diets and fads and not once did I ever just step back and eat when I'm hungry, stop eating when I'm full, drink when I'm thirsty, sleep when I'm tired, and work out when I'm feeling good.

I stopped logging food and I stopped weighing daily because I was becoming obsessive and letting calorie counts ruin my day. Right now I weigh once a week (Saturdays) and on the first of every month. I aim to work out 3-4 times a week and to keep eating mostly healthy things with some treats sprinkled in.

So far I'm feeling fantastic! I'm in a much better mood and I'm eating better as well! I no longer sacrifice what I do want for something that I don't want (i.e. Sacrifice avocado for brocoli because of calorie count) and I'm still eating well.

I'll keep you posted! I hope everyone else is having a great 2018 so far!!!