Healthy Weight Loss - 1 Year Transformation

Options

Replies

• PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! It's been a while since we've all checked in! How is everyone doing? I hope 2018 is bringing you all emotional/spiritual/physical and psychological health!!!
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I just found this thread.

My one year is coming up so I'm going to post my stats from 2017 now..... then the one year stats next month.

Here are my stats:

Height: 5'4"
    Starting weight: April 10, 2017 288.0 Lbs
    Goal Weight: 160 Lbs
    Weight to lose: 128.0 Lbs

Clothes size:
    3XL 24
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Time for my brutally honest update...

So I've been preoccupied since the beginning of the year with some work/family issues and I've unintentionally let my health suffer because of it. I didn't binge or return to negative thought dialogue, but I stopped really paying attention and make time to take care of myself. I just went back and read all of my posts from the beginning of this thread. It's crazy that it took me 5 months to lose 15 lbs and only 3 months to put on 23 lbs!

I'm now at the highest weight I've ever been in my life. 207.2.

I've not bothered to measure. I don't want to know... but I DO want to make a positive and permanent change.

My New Years Resolutions this year where to: Get healthy, Get Active, and (most of all) Stay POSITIVE!!! And to spend lots of time with family. I'd also set forth a new goal for myself... I want to fit into a certain dress for a wedding that's happening in September of this year.

I stopped logging food and I stopped weighing daily because I was becoming obsessive and letting calorie counts ruin my day, and then everything in my life went sideways and I completely stopped keeping track of what I put in my mouth all together.

Right now I weigh once a week (Saturdays) and on the first of every month. I'm being active (at least 30 minutes a day of planned exercise) and watching portion sizes.

I'm going to start logging again, but more as a way to be mindful of the amount of food I'm consuming. I'm going to try not to obsess about numbers right now.

I hope you all are doing well! *hugs*!
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody. I never thought about a 1 year transformation. But let me give this a try.... will be starting on April 1st... as I'm busy with my exams now. But I'm 94kgs which is ewwww. Tooooooo much.... so April 2018 to April 2019.....

Yippie here I come
  • CharlieS96
    CharlieS96 Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Joining very late but I started mine in October 2017 6 months in come April, my end goal is Julyish! :smile:

SW (October 17): 235lbs
    CW: 207lbs
    GW: 165lbs
    Weight Lost So Far: 28lbs
  • AccountableAmber
    AccountableAmber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1 year starting weight: 201.5 lbs
    Weight to lose: 91.5
    Measurements:
    Upper Arms: 13.5"
    Waist: 37"
    Stomach/Hips: 45"
    Thigh: 28"
    Current Weight: 195.4 lbs
    Weight to lose: 85.4 lbs
    Upper arms:13.5
    Waist: 36.5
    Stomach: 44.5
    Thigh: 27.5
    Current Weight: 188.6 lbs
    Weight to lose: 78.6 lbs
    Waist: 35.5
    Stomach: 42.5
    Thigh: 27
    Current Weight: 186
    Goal weight: 110 lbs
    Weight to lose: 76
    Measurements:
    Upper Arms: 13"
    Waist: 35.5"
    Stomach/Hips: 42.5"

Current Weight: 181.2
    Weight to lose: 71.2
    Measurements:
    Upper Arms: 12.5" (-1in)
    Waist: 34" (-2.5in)
    Stomach/Hips: 41.5" (-3in)
    Thigh: 26" (-1in)

Current Weight: 179.8
    Weight to lose: 69.8
    Measurements:
    Stomach/Hips: 41" (-3.5in)
    Thigh: 25.5" (-1.5in)

Current Weight: 171.2
    Weight to lose: 61.2
    Measurements:
    Upper Arms: 13" (-.5in)
    Waist: 33.5" (-3in)
    Stomach/Hips: 39.5" (-5.5in)

I've been slacking in losing weight since December. I'm going to get back at it. Especially considering my 1 year for weight loss is coming up next month. I want to be down 10 lbs by summer, and I'm hoping I will continue to count calories and exercise so I am where I want to be. Hoping everyone has a happy easter!
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Wow here I am starting my one year transformation.... I'm happy taking this decision. Today another thing happened in my life. My partner didn't introduce me to his friends although I was right there. Whereas he introduced his buddies to all the other people around there....he says he forgot... so y didn't he introduce them to me even after I asking him...

That was very depressing. I now feel it's high time I shed this weight and show everyone that im worth attention.

I don't wanna face this situation again in my life.

Start date April 1st 2018
    Present weight 211lbs
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing and joining @Reanna143 and @CharlieS96 !!!

The more the merrier!

@Reanna143 I'm so sorry to hear about that terrible experience. I hope your partner understands how that hurt you and that nothing similar will ever happen again (no matter what weight you are!).

As I've said before, this is a safe place of encouragement. We've all got our own battles and goals and we're in this together!

I wanted to give a special congratulations to @AccountableAmber and @CharlieS96 for your amazing progress! Keep up the great work!

For myself... I've been very sick with the flu for the past 10 days. I'm getting over it now and am excited to get back to being more physically active. I went for a 1 hour walk today with my husband and it felt great!

Happy Monday everyone!
  • CharlieS96
    CharlieS96 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    CharlieS96 wrote: »
    Joining very late but I started mine in October 2017 6 months in come April, my end goal is Julyish! :smile:

SW (October 17): 235lbs
    CW: 207lbs
    GW: 165lbs
    Weight Lost So Far: 28lbs

Just thought I'd update my current weight:

CW:200.4lbs

That loss includes a week away in Los Angeles which involved a lot of food and beer, getting there!
  • AccountableAmber
    AccountableAmber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Weight to lose: 91.5
    Measurements:
    Upper Arms: 13.5"
    Waist: 37"
    Stomach/Hips: 45"
    Thigh: 28"
    Current Weight: 195.4 lbs
    Weight to lose: 85.4 lbs
    Waist: 36.5
    Stomach: 44.5
    Thigh: 27.5
    Current Weight: 188.6 lbs
    Weight to lose: 78.6 lbs
    Waist: 35.5
    Stomach: 42.5
    Current Weight: 186
    Goal weight: 110 lbs
    Weight to lose: 76
    Measurements:
    Upper Arms: 13"
    Waist: 35.5"
    Stomach/Hips: 42.5"

Current Weight: 181.2
    Weight to lose: 71.2
    Measurements:
    Stomach/Hips: 41.5" (-3in)
    Thigh: 26" (-1in)

Current Weight: 179.8
    Weight to lose: 69.8
    Measurements:
    Stomach/Hips: 41" (-3.5in)

Current Weight: 171.2
    Weight to lose: 61.2
    Measurements:
    Waist: 33.5" (-3in)

Current Weight: 171.8
    Weight to lose: 61.8
    Measurements:
    Waist: 33" (-3.5in)

It's been one year today since I started my weight loss. I'm down 9" on my stomach, 8" on my waist, and down 52lbs. It's been a great year. wvngdth6il5f.jpg

• PrincesseAly23
    Options
    FANTASTIC Job @AccountableAmber I’m so so happy for you! You look amazing! Congratulations on al of your hard work!
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Just a check in to say that I’ve finally said “enough is enough” and gotten a personal heath coach. I’m finally feeling well enough to commit to something and the past dramas have been worked out, so this is it! My final do-over.

I was weighed and measured last Thursday (May 10th) and then again today (I’ve not looked at the scale in between).

My coach has a body fat scale and the numbers are as follows:

Weight: 210.4 Lbs
    Body fat: 46.6%
    Muscle: 32.4%
    Water: 32.1%

May 17:
    Weight: 205.4 Lbs
    Body fat: 45.1%
    Muscle: 32.8%
    Water: 33.4%

Numbers are all going in the right direction!! I’m feeling great!
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    I’ve survived week 2!

Here are the results so far:

Starting numbers: May 10

Weight: 210.4 Lbs
    Body fat: 46.6%
    Muscle: 32.4%
    Water: 32.1%
    Bone: 4 Lbs

Today: May 24:

Weight: 202.2 Lbs
    Body fat: 43.9%
    Muscle: 33%
    Water: 34.5%
    Bone: 4.2 Lbs

I’m feeling good! All the numbers are continuing to move in the right direction!

I’ve also done away with a bunch of social media sites which where affecting my mood and eating away at my free time. I feel sooooo good! I’m doing my best to cut negativity from my life and think positively and get back to being my bubbly happy self!
  • PrincesseAly23
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I know it’s been a while, so I’m checking in to share good news with you!

My 1 year is up since starting this chat (I really cannot believe it! It’s gone so fast!!!). I’m not at my ultimate goal yet, but I’ve learned a lot through trial and error and overall my heath and quality of life has dramatically improved!

My most recent numbers:

Weight: 187.2 Lbs
    Body Fat: 35.4%
    Muscle: 34.6%
    Water: 45.5%

I’ve lost a total of 22.5 inches from head to toe and I can’t believe the changes I’m seeing already!

I’ve got 6 weeks until our friends’ wedding and then another 7 weeks until my real goal day (when I will finally try on that dress!!!). I’m feeling confident that wearing that dress is an obtainable goal, but I will keep updating here until my ultimate goal of 145lbs is achieved! (Even if that takes another year!)

I hope you all are well!
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and just started my journey this week! I would love to be a part of this. My name is Crystal.

I'm 5'4"
    Start date was Wednesday July 18th @ 175 lbs.
    Current weight is 173.
    My goal weight is 140
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Welcome @cdavisdeva !!! We’re happy to have you on this journey with us! 😁
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

It’s been a very long time since I posted on here, I think since January. I had a really rough winter getting cold after cold and then hit with a flu in January. I went off my diet during that last flu and have had such a hard time getting back on.

I’m approaching my one year (Aug 7) without much in the way of results. I’m down about 10lbs from my starting weight but have gained about 10lbs since December.

August 7, 2017
    SW: 214
    GW: 135
    Height: 5’4”

September 26, 2017
    CW: 201
    Waist: 39
    Hips: 44
    Arms: 14
    Thighs: 26

July 28, 2018
    CW: 204.5
    Waist: 41
    Hips: 45
    Arms: 14
    Thighs: 26

One positive difference this last year is that I have continually gone back on my diet so it will be a week or two on then a week or two off. This is different than in the past where I would try a diet go off and not try anything again for a long time. This is likely what has prevented me from gaining much more than I did over the last 6 months.

I’m recommitting to my goals for another year and this year I’m going to try to add in the habit of continuing to track my foods and weekly weigh ins even when I’m off diet. I never do either of these when I go off and because of that I end up eating worse and worse until it’s out of control and I feel like cr@p.

@princessaly23 great job on getting back on track and starting to see some progress

@AccountableAmber congratulations on your progress. You can see such a difference in your photos. You look fantastic.

Sorry for such a long post. Happy to be back!

• Sweetzyd
    Options
    I'm 5'4"
    MFP Start date- Wednesday July 18th @ 175 lbs.
    GW- 140

July 21st- 173
    Aug 25th- 163 down 10 lbs in 1 month. Not bad. I'm trying to up my exercise routine to and staying away most of the time from breads and starchy foods.
  • PrincesseAly23
    edited August 2018
    Options
    cdavisdeva wrote: »
    I'm 5'4"
    MFP Start date- Wednesday July 18th @ 175 lbs.
    GW- 140

July 21st- 173
    Aug 25th- 163 down 10 lbs in 1 month. Not bad. I'm trying to up my exercise routine to and staying away most of the time from breads and starchy foods.

Great job on your progress!!! I’m so happy for you. :smile:

@lady_bug_jd It’s so great that you checked in! I’m inspired by your commitment to health! I look forward to seeing your results in the months to come!

I realized today that it’s been a really long time since I checked in on here! My final weigh-in before my 1st big goal will be this Wednesday, but as of last week, I’m down to 186.4 which is a 24 Lb loss since May 9th!!! I was wanting to see 189 before the wedding I’m attending on Sept 1st so I’ve already beat that goal! My weight loss has slowed down (I.e. not moved) for the past 3 weeks, but I’m not worried, I know it will start moving again soon.

I’m feeling confident enough to commit to my next goal: 179 before or on Oct 19th. (My 3rd wedding anniversary!!) and finally 169 before New Years Eve. My ultimate goal is 145, whenever that happens. :smile:

• Sweetzyd
    Options
    @PrincesseAly23 thank you! And congrats on your success as well, I'm happy for you also!