Healthy Weight Loss - 1 Year Transformation

Options

Replies

• shreyoshirautray7042
    Options
    I don't know my measurement but my weight is 153 lbs and I want to be in 120lbs
  • AccountableAmber
    AccountableAmber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1 year starting weight: 201.5 lbs
    Goal weight: 110 lbs
    Weight to lose: 91.5

Measurements:
    Upper Arms: 13.5"
    Waist: 37"
    Stomach/Hips: 45"
    Thigh: 28"

Current Weight: 195.4 lbs
    Weight to lose: 85.4 lbs
    Upper arms:13.5
    Waist: 36.5
    Stomach: 44.5
    Thigh: 27.5

Got a gym membership this month too! :)

• PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Great losses @AccountableAmber!!!! You will continue to see losses in inches once you begin working out!

@alterone1982 I LOVE your idea of the short, long-term goals of 10 Lbs every 2 months. That's about the rate I'd like to lose as well!

Happy Sept 1st everyone!!! To my Fellow Canadians I wish you a wonderful Labour Day Weekend!

Here is my 1st of the month check in:

My progress has been slow, but steady. When I started this back in July I was at a little over 200 Lbs. Today I am sitting at 191.8 and I couldn't be happier! 8.8 lbs loss is better than I'd hoped for and I'm feeling good even if I'm not seeing much of a difference yet (except the fact that my wedding ring and bras fit better!).

It's been a real journey already. I've suffered with some emotional ups and downs which have affected my eating habits, but overall I've noticed the following trends:

1. I FINALLY have self-control even when in a "binging" mindset (this is HUGE for me, I've always struggled in this area)
    2. I am remaining faithful and accountable (I used to hide or not log any "cheat foods" because I was ashamed. Now I log EVERYTHING)
    3. I am feeling more positive about where I am and where I'm headed.
    4. I am naturally going for smaller portions, eating them slowly and feeling satisfied.
    5. I am conscious of how much water I drink and how many veggies I eat and have increased both significantly.
    6. The overall trend in my numbers is a slow and steady decline.
    7. I can talk about my journey openly with family and friends without feeling ashamed

These changes are HUGE for me. I've gone through a lot of psychological and emotional growth since I committed to this thread 2 months ago. The old me would have given up on here after abut 2 weeks. Everyone in my immediate support circle have noticed the difference in my energy (how happy and positive I am) and are incredibly supportive.

My goals for the month of September:

1. Remain conscious of what I eat while on vacation
    2. Continue the positivity
    3. Fight the "bing" urge when I've had a bad day, but realize that it's ok to have a treat every now and then and NOT feel guilty
    4. Work out whenever/wherever possible
    5. Continue losing

I won't be posting my measurements again as they've not yet changed, however, as my physical activity goes up this month I'm hoping the inches will begin to drop off as well!

I'm wishing all of you all the best on your journey through September! xo
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Well this month has flown by!!! So far so good. Things are moving slowly and steadily for me. I've not binged in a very long time and I've not missed a day of logging. I'm still feeling good overall and confident about my future. I've not started any planned physical activity yet (I just got back from a 2 week vacation and am leaving for another trip in a week), but I hope to get back to swimming in October. I've been watching what I eat (not obsessively) and making healthy choices.

My goals for the month of September:

1. Remain conscious of what I eat while on vacation✅
    2. Continue the positivity✅
    3. Fight the "bing" urge when I've had a bad day, but realize that it's ok to have a treat every now and then and NOT feel guilty✅
    4. Work out whenever/wherever possible✅
    5. Continue losing✅

I'd really love an update on how all of you are doing!!! Please drop a line here sometime soon. Sending lots of happy thoughts your way!!
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I know I'm joining this group quite late. I started eating healthy and working on lose weight on August 7th so I'll include my originals stats plus where I am now.

I'm really hoping to stay motivated to stick with this! I'm feeling a little frustrated because I've stuck to my diet and the scale is just moving 1 or 2 pounds back and forth for the last 2 weeks. Figures, when I'm so close to meeting my first mini goal of getting to the one hundreds. I was at 200.4 and then it went back up!

August 7
    SW: 214
    GW: 135
    Height: 5'4

September 01
    CW: 205.4
    Waist: 40
    Hips: 46
    Arms: 14
    Thighs: 27.5

September 26
    CW: 201
    Waist: 39
    Hips: 44
    Thighs 26
  • PrincesseAly23
    edited September 2017
    Options
    GREAT JOB @lady_bug_jd !!! Thanks for posting! You are really making progress. I know it doesn't feel like it because the scale isn't moving fast enough for you, but those inches are a big deal! I've lost 9.8 lbs and no matter what I do I cannot seem to get that last 0.2 lbs off so that I can put up my new badge. It's infuriating! So I totally get it. I jump up a lb and then down a lb but can't get below the 190.8. We WILL do it!!!

The key to this is to not be too hard on ourselves and to slowly see progress. If it takes a year then it takes a year.

Here... I'll share with you all my weight trend for the past few weeks... I also post to a thread called "just give me 10 days" and it takes worthy loss in 10 day steps which is much more manageable. Each round I record my weight every day and at the end I look at my highest weight, my lowest weight and then my average weight for the whole ten days. Seeming those overall averages going down is a HUGE motivator for me. Sometimes I get lost in the day to day number and forget to look at my overall progress. So this helps.

R14 HW 198.2 LW 192.6 Total weights Average: 194.9
    R15 HW 195.4 LW 191.8 Total weights Average: 193.7
    R16 HW 194.6 LW 190.8 Total weights Average: 192.8

Highest recorded weight: 201 Lbs
  • lady_bug_jd
    Options
    Thanks @PrincesseAly23! I really wish the scale would cooperate! I'm going to keep measuring periodically and hopefully continue to see progress there. I am trying to not get stuck on a single week but look at it as long term process.

I'm doing a keto diet and people keep telling me I have to do a carb load meal but I'm only 7 weeks into my diet and really don't want to. I'm going to stick with it and if no weight is lost after 4 weeks I'll start making adjustments. It's got to give eventually, right!
  • AccountableAmber
    AccountableAmber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1 year starting weight: 201.5 lbs
    Goal weight: 110 lbs
    Weight to lose: 91.5

Measurements:
    Upper Arms: 13.5"
    Waist: 37"
    Stomach/Hips: 45"
    Thigh: 28"

Current Weight: 195.4 lbs
    Weight to lose: 85.4 lbs
    Waist: 36.5
    Stomach: 44.5
    Thigh: 27.5
    Got a gym membership this month too! :)

I gotta do this a day early, since I'll be hosting guests tomorrow, and I know I'm not going to weigh, measure, or take pictures.

Current Weight: 188.6 lbs
    Weight to lose: 78.6 lbs
    Waist: 35.5
    Stomach: 42.5
    Thigh: 27

I'm really happy with my losses this month. I'm only lifting weights at the gym, and I can already see the difference, especially on my stomach. Since starting this in May, I had my first two days of overeating AND not logging. I mean, completely overeating. I had one day where I had two pieces of pizza, chicken tender and fries, and chipotle. I didn't just fall off the wagon, I basically took an ax to it. BUT I still got back up on Monday and brushed myself off. It felt good to eat like that, but I like how I'm looking better. I don't plan on quitting this time or giving up. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
  • rubylarose
    rubylarose Posts: 5 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Currently: 261
    Goal: 180 (but I would be jazzed to just be back to 200)
    Biggest challenge: giving up my wine and bloody Caesars...trying to love Teavanna ;)
  • PrincesseAly23
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @lady_bug_jd Great optimism!!! Do what feels right for you and keep at it!

@AccountableAmber AWESOME JOB!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! Those loses are great! And I'm so glad to hear that you're seeing/feeling the difference too!!!

For me the only difference so far is in my hands/feet. But I know it will eventually show up elsewhere if I keep on the wagon. (And yes, I've fallen off hard a few times myself. We're not perfect and sometimes it feels good to do that once in a while. That's why I gave myself a year!!! The key is to keep getting back on. Eating healthy is a life choice. Eating junk food is the exception NOT the rule. You're allowed to be bad once in a blue moon)

Another thing I've been really good about is letting go of food guilt. I used to be terrible for making myself feel bad. Now I just shrug it off and start fresh the next day.

Thanks to everyone who posted!!! I'll be away for a business trip tomorrow and gone for 2 weeks. But I'll try to check in!
  • lady_bug_jd
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to any Canadians on here! :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I went away this weekend and let myself relax on the diet while away. I still tracked all my food and made some good choices too, plus we walked lots so hoping it'll somewhat balance out. I've gone right back to my diet today even though we were still travelling. This is the first time I've ever gone back to my diet after having a cheat meal/day so I'm really pleased that I've done it. Usually I go right off course and it takes me weeks (or longer) to get back on track, so this is progress.

I weighed myself on Friday before going away and I finally lost a little weight after stalling for nearly 3 weeks. I'll do a proper weigh-in mid month but I'm at 199.6, down from 201. Finally in the 100s...Whoot!

• PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you all! (Sorry I'm a day late). I survived the holiday relatively unscathed.

I'm on here because I want to whine a little bit... LOL. I so desperately want to put up my 10 Lb badge. (MFP says that I've already lost the 10Lb mark but I haven't and I feel like a fraud! LOL Why does MFP round up??? The lowest I've seen was 9.8 Lbs and I REFUSE to put up my pretty new badge until I do ACTUALLY hit 10). I'm still 0.2 Lbs away (Another side note: I only actually record my weight in MFP if it's a new low, so technically I have 1.5 lbs to lose again because I jumped up a bit).

I'm still travelling today I've been SUPER good so far. I'm hoping to be proud of myself by the end of this week and to FINALLY see that new low of 190.6!!!!!

Wishing you all the best!
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm 1 week away from my very special day. Oct 19th. I need to be 189 on that day and I'm aiming to be 139 on that day in 2018.

I'll post my weight on that day and let you know!!!

I hope you all are doing well!
  • lady_bug_jd
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

@princessaly23 I'm putting lots of positive thoughts out that you will meet your target on Oct 19th! You're so close, lets hope the scale Gods cooperate! :)

When I first started this in August I made a goal/vision board with a goal to lose 30lbs in 90 days. I now realize that was a bit unrealistic as I would need to lose 2.5lbs every week. I've learned a lot in the last couple months about how weight loss works and how to lose it healthily. My goal really should have been to lose 15 - 20lbs in 90 days which would be about 1 to 1.5lbs per week so I am changing my vision board to reflect that. I've already lost 15lbs so I will aim to lose 20lbs in 90 days with almost 4 weeks left.

One Year Starting Weight & Measurements
    Starting weight: 214 lbs
    Goal weight: 135 lbs
    Weight to lose: 79 lbs
    Waist: 40
    Hips: 46
    Thighs: 27.5

Current Weight & Measurements
    Current weight: 198.2
    Total lbs lost: 15.8
    Percentage lost: 7.38%
    Goal weight: 135
    Weight to lose: 63.2 lbs
    Waist: 38.5
    Hips: 43.5
    Arms: 13.75
    Thighs: 25.5
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Hello team!

Four days to go to my special number! I finally weighed on my own home scale and I'm 192. (Only up 1.2 Lbs!!) which is AMAZING. After 2 weeks of eating out I'm sooooo proud of this number. I may not see 189.8 but I sure will try!!!

I'm finally back home now and am Trying to get into a more manageable and realistic rythme. My man and I will not be eating out anymore for the next 3 weeks and will try our best to eat well and to begin juicing organic fruits & veggies again to help increase our nutrient intake. We will also drink more water and cut out the other calorie-rich processed juices and sodas which contain added sugars. We both are suffering from dry skin and breakouts and need to get healthy and hydrated.

I realized that since I started this 3 months ago I've only reached the 1500 cals goal a handful of times. I've increased my cal goal back to 1700 in hopes that I can keep to that while watching my carb intake.

I will keep to 100 carbs a day. It is manageable for me. (I HATE carb-free diets and they only last about 3-4 days for me before my willpower gives out).

This is a team effort. So we will return to thinking about what we put in our mouths... and keep asking: Is this healthy?

I'm also going to try and look at weight loss from another angle. I'm going to focus on doing all that I can to look and feel beautiful as I am (go tanning, get mani/pedi, dye my hair etc.) in hopes that this will motivate me to look and feel good all over.

I will NOT let negativity at work continue to affect my mood at home.

@lady_bug_jd Thank you for your kind words and CONGRATS on your fantastic progress! Keep up the good work!
  • ShelleAO
    ShelleAO Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I love the positivity in this thread. I'm a little behind you all in starting, but would love to join. I don't diet as I have had a history with eating disorders and most tracking apps have triggered the anxiety and brought back those thoughts. So far I'm 2 weeks in with MyFitnessPal and the macros have actually been good for me.

Starting Weight: 271
    Current Weight: 226
    Goal Weight: 150 (I haven't been there in 20 years, so we will see how that is. I have a large frame and I think 140-150 was healthy for me)
    Height: 5'7
    Bust: 48
    Waist: 42
    Hips: 48
    Those measurements were taken last week.

Have a fantastic day!
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    @ShelleAO Welcome! And thanks for joining!!!

We're happy that you're here and I'm happy to hear that you realize that yoyo diets and making oneself sick with anxiety and pressure are NOT the answer.

This chat is all about healthy lifestyle and making that choice to feel good (and therefore look good! A smile is the prettiest thing a person can wear! When we feel good and are happy we are beautiful!!!)

I started this 1 year Journey as a way to keep accountable and focused. It's not all about weight. (If it was I would have given up already! I've only lost 9.8 Lbs in nearly 4 months!!!). For me, I'm doing this to help me focus and stay positive and enjoy life while slowly working my way back to a more healthy/manageable weight, but if I don't hit my goal and if losing a little bit of weight is just the happy/measurable side effect to an otherwise happy and productive year, than that's good too!

Feel free to post about whatever is on your mind! If you need encouragement that's what we're here for. If you just want to share your personal triumphs (no matter how small!) and struggles you're welcome to do that too!!!

Sending lots of happy thoughts and love to you all!!!
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Good morning team!

As you can see, I was finally able to use my 10 lb badge!!! The 0.2 finally dropped off (plus some) and my new low is 190.4!!! It's not exactly what I was hoping for... but I'm so happy to have lost again and to finally feel back on track after all of the travelling I've done in the past month.

This phenomenon is unheard of for me; I ALWAYS gain 5-6 lbs on vacation (that's NOT including the bloating I usually have as well). So i'm considering this a WIN and can't wait to keep losing! I know that 189.8 is soooo close! And once i see it, I'll say goodbye to 190's forever!

I hope that all is well for all of you!

I'm feeling good and am optimistic about today and about the rest of this 1 year transformation!
  • PrincesseAly23
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So just an update...
    I did hit the 189.4 on the 20th and was THRILLED.

Since then I've done some math and realized that if I lose 3-4 lbs a month for the next 12 months I will be in the early 150's late 140's by my next wedding anniversary!!! Now I know with my current lifestyle losing that much weight a month is unrealistic (I would need to get serious and join a gym or something, otherwise you plateau eventually). However, 2 lbs a month is realistic and so that's what I'm going to aim for. Baby steps. I don't want to get myself all worked up or depressed because I put too much pressure on myself and didn't succeed.

If I lose it all very slowly and over the course of a year, then I will develop healthy habits to last me a long time (or so I hope! I want this experience to teach me a lesson so that I NEVER let myself get back to such a high weight ever again!)

So I've mentally prepared to be about 160 exactly one year from now on Oct 19th. If I'm less then that... great! If not... it may take another whole year to meet my goal of 140, but that's ok. I'm young and patient and I have lots of life to live and don't want food/dieting to take away from the fun!
  • lady_bug_jd
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @PrincesseAly23 Congratulations on earning your 10lb badge! Good for you for you recognizing what is realistic and adjusting to a goal you can meet rather than setting yourself up for failure and potentially giving up altogether.

I think sometimes we set these goals and are really hard on ourselves when really this should be about making good habits that will last long term. I'm usually gung-ho when I first start dieting and then get disappointed when I'm not losing weight as fast as I want or not meeting daily calorie goals, etc. This time I'm trying not to focus so much on those little things and looking at the overall bigger picture. As long as the scale is showing a downward trend over time then I'm on track. It's important to readjust and change goals as we move along too.

I think 3lbs per month is a realistic amount for me. I'm 198 today so will aim to be 165 in 1 year.