What food can't you stop eating once you start?

Options

Replies

• Jenrosa28
    Jenrosa28 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Kettle chips
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Wow - all sorts of things, really!! For a long time, my late night guilty pleasure was a whole pan of tortilla chips, covered in shredded cheddar and put under the broiler for a minute (kind of like homemade nachos). This would of course, be eaten generally with lots of salsa, sometimes sour cream and a couple rum and cokes.

Besides this - most carb-y, sugary things - chocolate, gummy type candies, breads, pasta, baked goods.
  • jammer2net
    jammer2net Posts: 42
    Options
    Mexican food...uugghhhh
  • audrast
    audrast Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You just HAD to put that picture up didnt you!

For me it's potato chips (kettle chips especially), french fries and anything mint. Peppermint stars, Altoids, Lifesavers, pillow mints, mint Mentos ... mmm. Let's not discuss Breyer's mint chip ice cream. It's like the Voldemort of my house. He who shall not be named.
  • Dean649
    Dean649 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ice cold egg nog with a little rum.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter! Well, at least at first. I had to not buy any until I was a couple months in and could trust myself around. Definitely Sees candy, I can never have just one...or just two.

word! I actually can't buy peanut butter. It can't be in my house. I will eat a jar in a week.
  • Jayma375
    Jayma375 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Right now it's popcorn, but chocolate is now a close second.
  • ScorpDX
    ScorpDX Posts: 93
    Options
    Chips & Salsa
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I don't omit it completely. Although, I probably should (health reasons, gallbladder HATES it).

But.

Freaking.

Pizza.

I can't stop at just one slice. Sometimes, I can't stop at two. And until I have my gallbladder out (I've heard sometimes even after) eating it causes me a lot of pain within 1-3 hours of digestion.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Mac n cheese. Chips. French fries.

Those are the things I miss the most I think.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have so many. Pretty much any snack food in a full sized container. Chips, ice cream, cookies, nuts, whatever. If I can get 100 calories packs & ice cream bars & individual bags of chips, it helps, but even that can be hit & miss because honestly, it's just as easy to eat 6 ice cream bars as it is to eat an entire carton of ice cream.
  • ARoe9410
    ARoe9410 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My worst one is the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs that come out around Easter - I will eat these until I am sick. Thank God they're only around once a year. Oddly enough, I don't have a problem controlling myself around the regular Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, just the eggs. I think it's the peanut butter to chocolate ratio like a PP mentioned.
    Others are peanut butter (by the spoonful of course), cheese, and spicy cheez-its.
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Cornflakes
    Biscuits
    Nuts
  • carmin_smith
    Options
    Cookies, cake, anything chocolate and chips!!
  • AristocraticBody
    Options
    Water.
  • healthnewlife
    Options
    dates and tahini
  • KeiKeiStar
    KeiKeiStar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me toooo! I have to avoid peanut butter or I turn into a 4 year old. PB/J for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Bread-y things. Bread, beer, pretzels. Soft pretzels- A whole one is about 300 calories depending on where you get it. I always get one thinking I'll just eat half. Never works. The worst is wawa because they sell them in a 2 pack and I would seriously eat 2 if I bought them.

Oh, for you peanut butter people I really like PB2...45 calories for 2 tbs. It's isn't the same, but it's close enough to take care of the craving, at least for me.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Brie, Baguette and Cheesy Poofs
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I don't omit it completely. Although, I probably should (health reasons, gallbladder HATES it).

But.

Freaking.

Pizza.

I can't stop at just one slice. Sometimes, I can't stop at two. And until I have my gallbladder out (I've heard sometimes even after) eating it causes me a lot of pain within 1-3 hours of digestion.

Effing Pizza, man....