August 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• JimCrackinDandy
    JimCrackinDandy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    12 mile long run this morning. Beautiful weather. Many blessings to all you Runners this morning! August total 53 out of 90
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @HonuNui @RunRachelleRun @girlinahat @kristinegift @katharmonic

Thanks all. I wok up today with a pretty sore right knee and some carwreckitis that I've never gotten from a run before, so I'm guessing it's a fall.... I guess going airborne while speeding down a hill can have some effect on your body. Wife is feeling much better, the flare ups come and go, but it was on my mind a lot of the run, which really put me off my game, she wanted me to run, so I kept at it, when I might have been better served taking it easy.

Yesterday was a heck of a learning experience and My Garmin says I need 4 days to recover after it.... Never had that happen before, so I'll take today as an extra rest day and tomorrow as a normal rest day. When Tuesday comes around, I'll see hoe I'm feeling, since my Garmin normally overstates my rest/recovery needs, but I'll play it by ear. Monthly mileage goal might be out the window now, but that's OK, got to stay relatively healthy.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Welcome @CrystalConsults ! We love anyone that wants to be, or is a runner!

@kgirlhart I saw a blurb on Bolt's run. I didn't get to watch any of the World Championship. I'm regretting canceling our cable, over the air channels just pixilate. Bolt sounded tough though, said he come out and say farewell today.

@MNLittleFinn Ouch! Glad the tumble wasn't more than scrapes and bruises. I tripped on asphalt and it killed my knee for every bit of 8 weeks. Sounds like you are coming along though.. I am seriously impressed at how fast you are developing as a runner. It gives me inspiration to press on- I don't ever want to run more than a half though- I don't believe I'm made for that. I'd do tri's though... Where is our tri master anyway? @Ohhim

----
    In other news, I am incredibly sore from doing litteraly nothing since Friday. I had planned on giving my hip til Monday to settle down (cortisone flare), but I believe today I desperately need to move around.

I had dream that I was going to get to run at night under all moon with others, was so disappointed when I awoke and saw light. Why can't I just have woken after a run in my dream? Can I log dream miles?
  • Elise4270
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @juliet3455 Thanks for the link on the runs. Something for my bucket list!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    August 13 – 0.0 Rest
    Total: 39.25/100 miles
    Upcoming Races:
    August 18 - St. Pete Beach Series, Race #3, 5K
  • wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    August Goal: 60 miles

8/1: 4 miles
    8/2: 3.1 miles
    8/3: 2.2 miles
    8/5: kr30dc day 1
    8/6: 5.4 miles; kr30dc day 2
    8/7: 3.1 miles; kr30dc day 3
    8/8: 2.7 miles; kr30dc day 4
    8/9: 3.1 miles; kr30dc day 5
    8/10: kr30dc day 6
    8/11: kr30dc day 7
    8/12: kr30dc day 8

23.6/60 miles completed

No run today. Saturday is usually my rest day from both running and yoga. But i did do the kr30dc. I tried to take the dogs for a walk this evening but we only got about half a mile and it started pouring down rain. I might have continued, but my dogs hate being in the rain and I didn't really want to deal with stinky, wet dogs.

I've been feeling kind of guilty lately because I haven't been taking them to the park like I used to. I started on mfp almost 2 years ago trying to lose weight. And I started out by walking my son's dog after he left for college. When I reached my goal I started doing c25k. The dogs don't really like to run so I stopped taking them on my run days. Now I am running 4 days a week instead of 3. I was still taking them on my non run days, but when it got so hot I have skipped several times. My collie doesn't really tolerate the heat well. I'm thinking about taking them for short walks sometimes after my run, but when I mention that I get told that I am obsessive about exercise. I guess I am just venting. I'm having a hard time lately figuring out how to fit in the things I want with the things I feel like i should do. At least tomorrow I am going to get my "long" run in. I may take the dogs for a walk in the afternoon too. I think next week i will plan my 4 run days so I don't have 3 rest days in a row.

Don't listen to the negative nannies telling you that you are obsessive about exercise. Those dogs would love a short walk and it will help with your cool down. If you feel up to it, that does not seem obsessive at all. Good for the dogs, good for you!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    8/1 - 5 miles
    8/2 - 4 miles
    8/3 - 6 miles
    8/4 - rest day
    8/5 - 8 miles
    8/6 - 3 miles
    8/7 - 0 miles - rest day
    8/8 - 5 miles
    8/9 - 5 miles
    8/10 - 5.6 miles happy birthday run - see what I did there 5.6 miles
    8/11 - rest day
    8/12 - 4 miles
    8/13 - 10 miles

55 of 80 miles

exercise.png

Long run today with Skip, we headed to the Greenway but decided to head out into Research Park and do some of the Bridgestreet HM course. So we ran part of the greenway, then into the office park, then into a small neighbor, then through an apartment complex, back to the office park, into the outdoor shopping center, back to the office complex and finally back on the greenway ha ha.

I think only 2 miles were over 13 min miles, one when I went in the ladies room and forgot to stop my watch and another I walked briefly up and incline to let my heart rate come down.

@MNlittlefinn sorry run wasn’t what you wanted. Hope the Mrs is feeling better.
    @juliet3455 I was looking at your picture wondering how many times I would fall on that trail ha ha I need to go find your race report – love “did not fatal” Cool shirt – great job!
    @girlinahat I just wanted to cry when both didn’t have the races they wanted or expected. I did cry like a baby when Emma Coburn won the Steeplechase. I follow her online and get so caught up ha ha
    @kgirlhart ignore people that is what I do. I run in the morning and when I get home I take Macy for a walk, it’s not along one but makes her happy to be walking. When it’s cooler I’ll take her to run with me from time to time. She likes to run just not for long distances.
    @jimcrackindandy great long run
    @kristinegift sorry for the crappy solo run and the ouchie heel, hope it feels better soon. Always smart to stop and live to run another day.
    @elise4270 hope the hip feels better soon

• Elise4270
    Options
    1---5.49mi/ 8.85km
    3---4.23 / 6.8
    5---4.55 / 7.3
    6---9.14 l 14.7
    8---2.85/4.6
    10---2.87, 1.98/4.6, 3.2
    11---shot, travel day.
    13---6.21/10 81°, 90% humidity Jungle Run. And these silly crows are making noises like a monkey then laughing. Hip is sore, but is definitely better.

Total 37.32/60.2
    Goal 89 miles/144 km

Upcoming races:

Sept 30 Festival 5k Tishomingo Ok.
    Oct 1 Spirit of Survival, Lawton OK. Quarter Marathon
    Oct 4 AIM for the Cure- 5K, virual run
    Dec 2- POOP trail run, Hoping for a half! Norman OK.

Pre-op PR's
    1 mile 8:27  5k 24:42. 10k 1:00.52.  HM 2:17.28
    Post-op Training PR's 1 mile 10:04  5k 34.27 10k 1:12.49

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @runningmischka I didn't have a good month last month so I kept my mileage the same. In the next week I'll adjust with a stretch goal. :smiley:
    @shrcpr great long run