Weird symptoms / Calorie Deficit

Options
1235»

Replies

• Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    If you really enjoy lifting, you can do it, but don't do it as often. If you have high stress in your life (which it sounds like), your central nervous system may take longer to recover. Which is fine... so maybe lift once or twice a week. :)
  • Ready2Getcut
    Ready2Getcut Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you really enjoy lifting, you can do it, but don't do it as often. If you have high stress in your life (which it sounds like), your central nervous system may take longer to recover. Which is fine... so maybe lift once or twice a week. :)

Sounds like a good idea- Thank you!
  • Ready2Getcut
    Options
    noirelb wrote: »
    Ok ladies ..and gentlemen, I want everyone who has been awesome enough to have contributed or commented within this thread to know- that even though my comments might not have seemed welcoming, I have been listening and thinking about your input.

What I've been hearing over and over is that I need to slow down and chill out...I can see that makes sense because, as mentioned before- I keep physically injuring myself while working out. I think that is evidence which confirms what you are saying. I just have had trouble recognizing it. ( And, obviously, I have trouble sustaining weight loss)

So...here's what I'm going to do:
    1). Go for a 500-1000 calorie deficit per day. At the most. Monitor how i feel, and adjust my diet accordingly. Track my intake and how i feel in a journal. Check back with others here.
    2). Concentrate on gentle exercise - walking....hiking whenever possible. There is an awesome Yoga program here locally. I hate Yoga but I know the woman who runs the program and she keeps telling me to come in. I love resistance training weights, but keep it low key.
    3). Place my personal health as higher importance than business, project deadlines, meeting others' expectations, stress in general, etc.

Sound about right to you?

AMEN and have a burrito with your quinoa salad :smiley:

OK I will! Thank you :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    It might be anxiety related, it might be some allergic reaction to specific foods (or other allergens in your environment) but generally, I feel that right now you are running a self-feeding cycle. You expect it to happen, you dread it and it will happen. You might, to some extent have developed a psychosomatic reaction to your focus on eating clean, losing weight, being healthy and so on. I still think it originally was/is based on something physiologic, but now it could have a strong psychosomatic component to it, increased by the stress you put yourself under.
    Try to reduce stress (emotional stress) in general. Find a comfortable, stressless way of eating and working out. See if that helps you with your symptoms.

I have wondered about exactly what you describe, a "self feeding cycle"...
    so...between 2009-2011 I lost my business ( and everything else really- my home, investment properties, my relationship, pets, health ). It was a really prolonged period of intense stress. I ended up having alot of weird physical symptoms, and then this whole "crash" cycle that I described in my first post started showing up. Early 2012 was the first time that I noticed it.

During that period of time, I developed a severe eczema-like rash on my forearms. That rash will still appear whenever I have stress in my life- particularly stress related to immediate deadlines, intense workload, etc.

Ay yi yi yi, sorry to hear this.

Yoga may help. It sure helped me after my divorce (which came about after a long illness, which also resulted in the loss of two jobs.)
  • Ready2Getcut
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    skymningen wrote: »
    It might be anxiety related, it might be some allergic reaction to specific foods (or other allergens in your environment) but generally, I feel that right now you are running a self-feeding cycle. You expect it to happen, you dread it and it will happen. You might, to some extent have developed a psychosomatic reaction to your focus on eating clean, losing weight, being healthy and so on. I still think it originally was/is based on something physiologic, but now it could have a strong psychosomatic component to it, increased by the stress you put yourself under.
    Try to reduce stress (emotional stress) in general. Find a comfortable, stressless way of eating and working out. See if that helps you with your symptoms.

I have wondered about exactly what you describe, a "self feeding cycle"...
    so...between 2009-2011 I lost my business ( and everything else really- my home, investment properties, my relationship, pets, health ). It was a really prolonged period of intense stress. I ended up having alot of weird physical symptoms, and then this whole "crash" cycle that I described in my first post started showing up. Early 2012 was the first time that I noticed it.

During that period of time, I developed a severe eczema-like rash on my forearms. That rash will still appear whenever I have stress in my life- particularly stress related to immediate deadlines, intense workload, etc.

Ay yi yi yi, sorry to hear this.

Yoga may help. It sure helped me after my divorce (which came about after a long illness, which also resulted in the loss of two jobs.)

Thank you- I think it sounds like really good idea
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    How much of a calorie deficit? Are you suddenly dropping a thousand or more calories a day? Are you changing what you eat? Have you had your blood glucose checked?

So far today, I have had about 1200 cal of whole foods....I am about 280 lbs and not sedentary. My normal caloric intake is probably 2500 cal+.

My blood glucose is between 90 and 116 today. Ketones are normal...

Well now I'm voting simply too low in calories... Well its after dinner time here so do you mean that 1200 is all you will have pr is it earlier where you live?

it's 8:00 pm here- I just ate some peanuts, so I'm over 1200 calories now. The things is that I experience these symptoms on a regular basis....and I'm GAINING weight. That is why I'm pushing so hard to restrict calories.

Over what time period are you "gaining weight", and how much weight? Weight normally fluctuates due to water weight. You can see a several pound difference within the same day.
  • Ready2Getcut
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    How much of a calorie deficit? Are you suddenly dropping a thousand or more calories a day? Are you changing what you eat? Have you had your blood glucose checked?

So far today, I have had about 1200 cal of whole foods....I am about 280 lbs and not sedentary. My normal caloric intake is probably 2500 cal+.

My blood glucose is between 90 and 116 today. Ketones are normal...

Well now I'm voting simply too low in calories... Well its after dinner time here so do you mean that 1200 is all you will have pr is it earlier where you live?

it's 8:00 pm here- I just ate some peanuts, so I'm over 1200 calories now. The things is that I experience these symptoms on a regular basis....and I'm GAINING weight. That is why I'm pushing so hard to restrict calories.

Over what time period are you "gaining weight", and how much weight? Weight normally fluctuates due to water weight. You can see a several pound difference within the same day.

on a weekly/monthly basis- also year over year :( It's like it just gets harder every year