Does Slim Fast really work? Well it has for me..

Options

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Congrats on your loss, but that crap put me in the hospital with heart palpitations. No way I'd ever touch that stuff or recommend it to my clients. Just look at the nutrition label. Losing a few pounds isn't worth putting it in your body.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    this thread was sooooo predictable
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Here's a cookie.,...
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    What's the point of congratulating the OP when the odds are strongly in favour of her putting all the weight back on when she stops this fad diet? This is not being evil or snarky but speaking the truth. Only time will tell if the OP is one of the <5% who buck the trend, but as a lover of statistics I know what I'd put money on - learn to eat normally and lose weight the slow and sensible way and save the cash you spend on this non-food (that ingredient list was frightening :noway:) on something more fun.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    it made me so so slim, i had to tattoo my whole body and look hot.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    What I find funny, is that you talk about how "mean" the others were when you have been snarky with their replies. If you don't like hearing others opinions then maybe you shouldn't post in an open forum.

Fad diets are all the same, they get you results but after the fad diet is done, there has to be a plan in place for someone to start eating regular again and exercise to keep the weight off. All those people who cut out carbs just until they got to their goal...What happened when they were done and started eating them again.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Sorry if others and myself didn't sugar coat our replies enough for you.

Good luck on your journey!
  • Tucson
    Tucson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also have been successful using Slim Fast for a couple of weeks. It helps to get me started on a good plan and readjust my food intake. You go girl,.
  • mgeralt
    mgeralt Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I incorporate slimfast in with my regular diet...I use it when I don't have good options on hand...it has worked for me along with proper diet and exercise.

Congrats on your weight loss! I hope you have continued success..
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I just want to say congratulations!! You are incorporating healthy meals and fruits and vegetables along with this from what you are saying so I think in your mind you have the right tools to make this work. If anything it may give you some motivation and as time goes you can slowly incorporate more changes into your diet. Seeing those pounds tick off on the scale is a great feeling and a major part of this process is learning as you go. There are some very valid points made here so its always just good to listen and make your own decisions but they are trying to give some good advice. Best of luck to you!!!!
  • mgeralt
    Options
    Its worked well for me. I like it a lot. I feel full and satisfied. And its easy. I tend to use it more on the weekdays when I'm busy and less on the weekends when I have time to prepare meals.

After I reach my goal, I don't see any problem with transitioning to a regular diet. If I know my maintenance calories and eat at that level, it won't be a problem. I don't like when people say 'you won't know how to eat a regular diet'. If its a simple as calories in and calories burned, I'm not sure what the discussion is.

I've found you just have to do what works for you and ignore everyone else. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!

I don't see a problem with the transition either.. Oh well.. Good luck to you too!!
  • jm70614
    jm70614 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love love love meal replacement shakes! I've used slim fast knock off (Wal Mart brand) to save money while still getting a balanced "meal." I've been able to both maintain and lose weight with these shakes. As others have said--two shakes as meals will leave you with a huge calorie deficit so I like to have one for breakfast, an early lunch and then a second shake as an afternoon snack when I'm losing weight. Once I reach my goal weight, I'll replace one of the shakes with a higher calorie food. I'm guessing if you are on this site, you're tracking you're meals, both slim fast and "real" so you'll likely know what habits to maintain once you stop losing weight. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    I used Slim Fast 3-2-1 to kick start my diet. It helped me to learn some self control.
    I think the Slim Fast 3-2-1 is awesome.
    And obviously not forever.
    Silly people thinking they're smarter than anyone... Haha. :wink:
  • mgeralt
    Options
    I also have been successful using Slim Fast for a couple of weeks. It helps to get me started on a good plan and readjust my food intake. You go girl,.

Thank you!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I try very hard never to bash how people choose to lose their weight, especially if it's working. So this message will not bash Slim Fast.

But let me say what MY life experience has taught me. Until I learned about proper nutrition and how to eat three healthy meals a day (I'm not a big snack between meals person, although I'm told this is a healthy way to eat), losing weight on various programs was unsustainable because as soon as I went back to eating normal food, I gained the weight back. Weight Watchers is a classic example for me. I was a poster child for that program. 30 pounds in five months. But I learned nothing about nutrition so when I quit counting points, I found the 30 pounds I lost, and added another ten for good measure.

Now, this is just my personal experience. You may have a totally different kind of mind set and what was an issue for me won't be one for you.

Congrats on your success with Slim Fast. As I've said many times before, we're all doing it a different way, but our common goal on MFP is to find our healthy place and stay there. So good for you!
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    What's the point of congratulating the OP when the odds are strongly in favour of her putting all the weight back on when she stops this fad diet? This is not being evil or snarky but speaking the truth. Only time will tell if the OP is one of the <5% who buck the trend, but as a lover of statistics I know what I'd put money on - learn to eat normally and lose weight the slow and sensible way and save the cash you spend on this non-food (that ingredient list was frightening :noway:) on something more fun.

You're silly. Be quiet (:
  • mgeralt
    Options
    I used Slim Fast 3-2-1 to kick start my diet. It helped me to learn some self control.

That's all I am using it for too.. Not gonna do it forever.. My weight loss was stalled and I wanted to kickstart things and that is what Slim Fast has done for me...
  • mgeralt
    Options
    I try very hard never to bash how people choose to lose their weight, especially if it's working. So this message will not bash Slim Fast.

But let me say what MY life experience has taught me. Until I learned about proper nutrition and how to eat three healthy meals a day (I'm not a big snack between meals person, although I'm told this is a healthy way to eat), losing weight on various programs was unsustainable because as soon as I went back to eating normal food, I gained the weight back. Weight Watchers is a classic example for me. I was a poster child for that program. 30 pounds in five months. But I learned nothing about nutrition so when I quit counting points, I found the 30 pounds I lost, and added another ten for good measure.

Now, this is just my personal experience. You may have a totally different kind of mind set and what was an issue for me won't be one for you.

Congrats on your success with Slim Fast. As I've said many times before, we're all doing it a different way, but our common goal on MFP is to find our healthy place and stay there. So good for you!

Thank you and good luck on your journey too!
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options

That's all I am using it for too.. Not gonna do it forever.. My weight loss was stalled and I wanted to kickstart things and that is what Slim Fast has done for me...
    Well I think you are doing great! The 3-2-1 takes discipline. It's not "easy" like people are acting. Sure it tells you what to eat but that doesn't make it any easier to resist the office donuts.
    So good job on committing and congrats on the weightloss!
    :flowerforyou:
  • mgeralt
    Options
    I love love love meal replacement shakes! I've used slim fast knock off (Wal Mart brand) to save money while still getting a balanced "meal." I've been able to both maintain and lose weight with these shakes. As others have said--two shakes as meals will leave you with a huge calorie deficit so I like to have one for breakfast, an early lunch and then a second shake as an afternoon snack when I'm losing weight. Once I reach my goal weight, I'll replace one of the shakes with a higher calorie food. I'm guessing if you are on this site, you're tracking you're meals, both slim fast and "real" so you'll likely know what habits to maintain once you stop losing weight. Congrats on the weight loss!

Thank you and good luck!