WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    DJ Congrats on the good biopsy news. Whew!

Penny Lovely to hear from you. I was wondering about eclipses at the North Pole just yesterday when I was doing my homework on the current eclipse. We will have only 86% here and I, alas, have no glasses! B)

Machka Ouch. I had a painful broken tooth the Wed before Thanksgiving once. I was working the whole weekend, and dentist's office didn't open 'til Tuesday. That was a long week.

Heather Wonderful photos.

KJ Joaquin is stylin'! You sound really busy. Love reading your posts, you are such a dynamic active person!

Karen in Virginia
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Didn't post this weekend but did occassionally scan through your posts.

Picked up a sinus infection which is much better today although I am feeling druggy.

Did quite a bit of emotional eating while trying to deal with my mom's disposal of my grandmother's house. Still haven't made peace with myself about it all. I know part of it is not wanting to release the last tangible part of my grandmother. Although my mother and I are extremely close I felt closer to my grandmother. Unfortunately, my mother did not care for her and from time to time shares her dislike and it makes me feel bad. Anyway, the house is on the market. I am not sure that it will sell as it is located in a economically depressed area and is just a very old small house with no air conditioning. Life goes on.

I have a second job interview on Thursday. Pray everyone....it would be a fantastic blessing to get this job.

Michele: Glad you made it successfully through your journey. Do what you want to do for your daughter and nothing more. She may not give you the loud appreciation she gives her future MIL, but I bet my last dollar that later on she will let you know how much all you've done was appreciated. Besides we tend to be more effusive with our spoken thanks to someone that we don't particularly care for or when our thoughts are opposite of what we are saying.....How about "fake emotions". Just saying....

Heather: I have loved each picture and felt like I was on a vacation. Everytime you mention something you ate I looked it up to see what it was. It is always good to be home.

Pip: Loved the curtains. Love the idea of the airstream. Hope we will get there in the next couple of years. Enjoy!

DJ: Glad you had great results from the biopsy.

Tere in RVA

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies. I had a busy weekend with the hub. We met some friends halfway between our houses (about 1 1/2 hours for each of us) for lunch on Saturday and had a great visit with them. We used to live in the same town and went to dinner together almost every Saturday night. Now that we live 3 hours apart (we have both moved), we are trying to get together at least every other month to catchup. Life sometimes intervenes, but we try. I bit my lip while we were eating lunch and you know how that goes. I continue to bite the same place every time I chew so I have put myself on a liquid diet for a couple of days to give it time to heal. I've only had one liquid meal so far (last night) and I don't know how people do the shake type diets to lose weight. I was not at all satisfied with drinking my smoothie I made. It was good, but it wasn't a meal to me. Since it is short term, it is fine. Voluntarily doing it for weeks/months, I could never do! I hope everyone has a great week!

Okie in Central Texas
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Just seen Oregon's total eclipse live on our news. :D:D:D
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Already planning to visit my sister in Montpelier, VT for the total eclipse on 8 April 2024. :D

/Penny, spoiled for totality at the North Pole
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    The clouds moved away in time for us to view the eclipse. Not totality, but still spectacular. I was fortunate enough to be on a Caribbean cruise during a total eclipse. It still ranks high up on my list of incredible life experiences. Number 1 remains being present during the birth of friend's children.

Mia in MI
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Eclipse alert!

I viewed it from my front porch - far away from the hundreds of thousands celebrating in downtown Nashville. Our totality was at the time when the sun was highest in the sky. I didn't have the glasses but only glanced up 3 times. First the crickets started chirping really loudly. Then the air felt a little cooler. Just before the total coverage there was a red "spot" at the lower left area. I just happened to glance at that moment. The most delightful thing was seeing the neighbors' solar lights come on when it got dark and then after a minute begin going out one by one! I forgot to look for stars - Duh! All and all, an enchanting experience. (Even with my quick glances my eyes are tired - like being on the lake in the summer without good sun glasses)

Toni in middle Tennessee (getting nice and sunny again)

• trulydivyn725
    trulydivyn725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Struggling to stay awake - no eclipse story here, as it was overcast and raining throughout the morning...already trying to decide where I want to be for April 8th, 2024 - either Indianapolis, Dallas, or San Antonio - the path will cross over all three locations and I have close friends in all three locations. Well, maybe not in 2024...LOL!

Forgot to mention I got my bloodwork and mammo done on Friday, as well as pre-visit for my sleep study coming up this weekend. I told them all they needed to do was attach all the gear when I'm in my office here at work, and get all the readings they need since I don't seem to be able to fall asleep at home! LOL! It's pretty disconcerting to be honest.

Also, first experience with left hand carpal tunnel pain. I'm not pleased, grateful I'm right handed. VERY painful when I woke up in the middle of the night to Friday morning and couldn't grip anything. Extremely difficult getting dressed...reminded me of when I broke my left wrist in 5th grade, but at that point, I didn't require a bra....LOL! Ibuprofen, and I put a wrist brace on at night, which helped alleviate the pain somewhat. Yesterday I was able to close my fist, but couldn't really grip anything, and I had numbness and tingling going on. This morning there was only a small amount of tenderness, but I will for sure be wearing my wrist brace at night from now on!

Much love and respect from Vegas,
    Dorrie aka TrulyDivyn
    "Once you label me, you negate me" --- S. Kierkegaard
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Penny eclipse sounds fantastic from the north pole. I know when we flew back from Sweden the sites over Greenland and Hudson Bay will stay with me forever. I watch it on T.V. I saw the one the showed in the Tetons with the Mountains in the back. That did seem worth going to. I just wish the newsman would learn let things speak for themselves and be quiet. Here I did see about three quarters of our eclipse through a colander. Right at our 83% a big cloud blocked the view. It is now raining here. It appears St. Louis will get another one in 2024. We will see if it works out to go. Good to see you.

:heart: Margaret
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    (((((Dorrie))))) you are due for a break - you've had enough challenges the past few weeks <3<3<3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Okie adding protein powder to a smoothie is the secret to making you feel full :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Walking the bike w/a backpack will b an added calorie burn
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I'm off to the Moose meeting. The eclipse was anti-climatic. It was very cloudy so nothing was clear but it did get quite dark for a short time. I hope most of you had better views. Check with you tomorrow.

Sending much love and best wishes,
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC where the clouds blocked the sun.
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Solar eclipse we watched the eclipse here in Hot Springs with a little disappointment. It got dim and a little cooler for a minute or two. We had 87% coverage too! One thing was interesting about taking pictures was shadows of leaves on the ground. There were crescent shapes!

Lanette My daughter and her husband are working things out. Thanking for asking!
    The fish fry was absolutely wonderful!!
    How have you been?

Ginger in TX Gish, it sounds like you have your hands full with you mom and dad's stuff. I know how that is. I wouldn't be too hard in yourself. If you need a break once and a while. It's ok! Get back on track when you can!!

I've been off track lately. Hopefully I get back on track starting today!!

Have a good evening!
    Dana in Arkansas
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    DD was excited about the eclipse due to her astronomy class. We didn't have glasses so used the colander-yep crescent shadows and notice the crescent shadows off the leaves. We've made a date to go to Niagra in 2024 to see the full path (and the falls of course). Kind of fun to think about her being 26 years old :#

Marcelyn that pic is a keeper--what a beautiful family!! <3

NYKAREN