Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,646 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

no flat! :0)

bike ride hm 2 gym - 12.57min, 131mhr, 13.6amph. 2.9mi = 96c
    apple watch- 96c
    OTHER- fl exercises- 4.42min, 1 set of 10ea, 92mhr, hamstring leglifts, push-ups, all 4's elbow to knee, reverse bicycles, leg lifts, pelvic lifts, crunches, sit-ups = 13c
    apple watch- 24c
    SPIN CLASS- 40min, 83ar, 141aw, 159mhr, 12-16g, 16.4mi = 301c
    apple watch- 331c
    ride bike gym 2 dome- 8.28min, 135mhr, 10.2amph, 1.4mi= 73c
    apple watch- 64c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.19min, 129mhr, 11.2amph, 3mi = 128c
    apple watch- 112c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.18min, 143mhr, 10.20min mi, .5mi = 58c
    apple watch- 53c
    jogwk 2 sta- 4.18min 150mhr, 9.31min mi, .4mi = 52c
    apple watch- 53c
    ride dome 2 hm- 19.23min, 8amph, 154mhr, 2.5mi = 164c
    apple watch- 141c

total cal 885
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Dana – Never knew that leaving a couple of seeds in Guacamole would prevent it from turning brown. I don’t like ripe bananas or peaches, so I put them in the refrigerator. The banana skins will turn black; but, the fruit will stay firm. I use a potato/carrot peeler on the peaches, better than a dull knife. It also makes it easier to hang on to them.

My sister’s neighbor had a huge tree and they could have any on the tree that hung over their side of the fence; but, after Katrina hit, there was nothing green left in their yards. Sister’s only damage was a couple of tiles off her roof; but, they had extras. I think they had to do some work on the flat roof they used as a deck.

Allie -TomCat being ‘in bed’; poor dear … he has probably figured out how much you could walk away with in this divorce. Please don’t nurse his sorry @$$. He needs to get all that up for your attorney. Does he know that he could be held ‘in contempt’? Especially, if a judge told/ordered him to do so. Of course, I don’t know what type of hearing you had.

He says his attorney doesn’t like yours? Too bad … she should not have ‘pissed her off’ by not showing up for hearings. You’ve got a ‘tough’ one, and you should be ‘glad’. Him giving you money? Well, you know what that means … $20 a week. Yeah, she needs concrete evidence of him (apparently) hiding ‘marital assets’. Get your attorney to ‘kick his @$$’ … sounds like he needs it. I would come up and help you and Michele; but, I can’t stand up if I pick my boot up for any length of time. It’s bad enough to walk with it on. But, at least my toes won’t bend.

Hope all goes well with the lease. If not, then something will come along. Just don’t rush into something ‘over your head’. Until TomCat gets off his lazy duff you really can’t rely on that money. Just read where you did not get the condo. Sorry; but, maybe with everything all up in the air with TomCat … it will be ‘best’ that you didn’t get it. Sometimes I think we have doors and/or windows ‘close’ and we question our ‘faith’; but, then something comes along that is better (even if at this time you can’t see that). TomCat would have done anything he could to make your life miserable by not providing the documentation to your attorney. You should ‘know’ what you have coming it … for TomCat to ‘stay’ in the house, it probably isn’t ‘fair’; but, he is digging his heels in when it comes to finances, including that house. You have a ‘stake’ in that house, too. If you can move to your Dad’s house, whether you want to or not, it will at least get you out of the house. I would not ‘trust’ TomCat, especially when he sees his little work crack and tumble in around him.

Sounds like you have your hands full; but, enjoy Taliah. That should keep you mind of his dragging feet. How deep can he go? Sounds like he is attempting to dig to the other side of the world. China (or in the deep blue sea). Don’t know where the rock is, (probably in his back pocket) and he can’t see it.

Janet – Beautiful ornaments. Mother used to make china ornaments; Mimi crochets snowflakes. Mother made a Christmas tree from a cone. It is still used; although it has faded. I remember when she made it. Probably about 60 years ago. They used to go all out decorating for Christmas. Grocery store would order a tree that would reach the 11’ ceilings. We had hand-painted ornaments. My middle sister got those; but, her ‘at the time’ 2 year old would go out where they had their tree and say, ‘ut oh’, then she’d hear the crashing of the balls on her tile floors. She finally got to where she would just put them up on the mantle.
    The first Christmas that Will and Tami were together, she and Mallory decorated a small tree. She said he went over to it and ‘hugged’ it. I think he went longer without a tree than my sister and brother-in-law (now ‘ex’) … they went 14 years. He was 36 when they met and he had not had a Christmas tree since he was still living at home. He went off to college at 18.

Funny story about a Christmas tree. When they were little we always had live trees. When they were little, one Christmas we hung it upside down on the little side glassed in porch. One Christmas I got both of them to bring it in; and, we had a ‘new’ tree holder. One that had a ball inside so that even ‘if’ the tree wasn’t straight he still look straight. I’m under the tree and Trey and Will are trying to hold it so I can tighten it. It did not look straight; so back under the tree. By this time they had other things on their minds. I got so mad that I picked it up, stand and all, dragged it through the den, then kitchen, and ‘threw it so hard’ it landed in the boat on the other side of the carport. I told them we just ‘would not have Christmas that year’. Louis came home, I was ‘still’ made and asked ‘why the tree was in the boat’? Trey laughed and told him I hand ‘chunked it over there’. He did not ask any questions after that, especially not of me. He finally brought it in and set it up. I think it went 2 days before I’d put any lights on it. Even longer before any decorations were put on it.

Thankfully, I now have the 8’ tall macramé tree my Mother made, last year I decided I could get some lights and poke them through the back of it. Now both sisters say, “I want that!” Tough, it is mine. Middle sister asked if I got the Champaign flutes. I don’t remember getting them; but, she said Suzanne doesn’t have them. Maybe they are in the same box that my “Chinese Warrior” is in, that I haven’t found since we moved out here. I just need to get Louis to get all the boxes over the rafters down and let me look through them.

We made the chains with construction paper. I think Mother might have been afraid of ‘mice’ if we had strung popcorn (but we lived in a big old house, too, so we couldn’t totally get ride of).

Katla – Thank you. I’ll be wearing the boot for 3 weeks; then, they will x-ray it again. Did not jar any of the pins and plated I have in my heel and ankle. I really thought something (spider) had bitten me during the night or something. I don’t remember hitting anything.

Machka – Will, our youngest one had a reaction to the MMR shot; so he wasn’t allowed the 2nd dose he was supposed to get prior to going to college. His pediatrician work a letter for him. IF they had had an outbreak of any, he would have just had to drop out until it was over. About the only childhood illness he had was chicken pox, back-to-back with his brother. Louis and I worked ½ day each to stay with them.

If I get a cold, it will generally go to my chest. Talk about being miserable; then I get a ‘hacking, chain-smoking truck driver’ type of ‘hacking’. When I worked, I think my boss would have done anything to ‘shut me up’.

Joyce – The best time to cut azaleas are immediate after they bloom. You can cut them later; but, I’ve been told to not cut more the 1/3rd of their height. You might make it get ‘stressed’. Immediately after the blooms stop, you can cut them drastically, especially if they have gotten thin and leggy.

Sharon – MD gave me some ‘goooooood’ drugs; but, I use them extremely sparingly. I’m not that much into ‘pain meds’; but, aspirin just was not touching it. At least I can ‘get to sleep’.

Toni – Three weeks in the boot, get it x-rayed again. I got my hair cut a week ago; and, the beautician really cut it too short. I’m trying to remember what my oldest sister said … “The difference between a bad haircut and a good one … two weeks!” I think it is going to take longer. I’m going to ask Tami to look at it and see if they (her co-worker) can do something about it. I have an “Alfalfa” cowlick in the back and I just cannot get it to lay down. I know we were talking about the senior starting into HS who got killed the previous Saturday; but, I did not expect her to keep cutting, cutting, and cutting. She combed it out; but, apparently, I am using the wrong product. I will get Tami to show me what I need and how to work with hit. All it does for me, is an hour after I fix it, it lays flat on my head. At this point, if it would not upset Louis, I’d cut it short again, but he hates it really short or really long.

Two pages to go, so I am only reading now.

Lenora
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies. It is always fun to have new insights.
    JanetR - love the ornaments. You are such a creative person.
    Michele - hope Vince is feeling better and glad he went to doctor.
    Becca - we have a flight simulator at our activity center and my grands love it.
    Congrats to all who are wearing smaller sizes. Just in time for a new fall wardrobe :) I actually have several sizes in different closets.
    I actually have many nights when I can't sleep. Had one last night so hope tonight will be better.
    SueBDew in TX
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

M, I can’t believe you had one illness after the other last year. I hate being sick so much that I can’t even imagine how I would have reacted. I sure hope you stay well this year.

Joyce, my DH is so much like Charlie is some ways. He doesn’t want me to point out his problems or shortcomings. Not that any of us do, but why is it that men won’t even try to help with a problem. Charlie needs a sleep study and my DH needs hearing aids but won’t even consider it.

Sharon, I used to say that it’s not worth a vacation when you have all the work waiting for you upon your return. It seems you should get paid double, doesn’t it????

M, I’m glad you posted the time of your post. It was 10:20 PM on Wednesday there and 8:20 am here on the East coast. Lol

Terry, welcome. This is a great place for support and information so come often. Your story sounds much like mine and many others. I don’t like to exercise but have found that any movement helps. One thing that has helped me is planning. If I plan ahead on what I will eat and even pre-log the meals I tend to do better. I was diabetic when I began MFP and I have been off my meds for close to two years now. I also got to stop taking a couple of other medications so that is one great benefit. You can do this; just take it one day at a time.

Felicia, congrats on the loss. Keep it up!

Rhonda, welcome. This group is so friendly and supportive, surely you can get comfy with us. Just keep stopping in and chat when you will.

KarenVA, so glad your Yorkie has perked up. It is so hard on us when we lose a loved fur baby. (later) Wonder pictures your friend took.!!! Thanks for sharing.

Allie, crossing my fingers for you. (later) Oh bummer, so sorry the owner said no. I’ll bet something better will show up. Hang in there.

Heather, cute picture of the grands. Hope you have a restful night after your exhausting day.

Rye, I think it’s wise to get rid of your deadline. Goals are one thing, but we don’t need total pressure. Just keep on keeping on and you will get there. The flu shots really don’t hurt because the needles are so small these days, and I don’t like shots either.

Okie and Dorrie, congrats on zipping those jeans. That is terrific. Keep it up.

Lanette, good for you on fitting into smaller clothes, too. You ladies are the bomb.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,371 Member
    Options
    Did an hour on the bosu today. the plan for tomorrow is to do a Body Pump DVD. We have a Newcomer Board meeting this morning.

janetr - beautiful ornaments. I especially like that purple one.

Dorrie - how did you get your fracture? Vince got his by jumping off a trailer and misjudging how far it was to the ground.

Re - Vince didn't go to the ER. They just told him at the Fast Med place that if it gets worse, then he should go to the ER. At first he was going to sleep in the living room just so that he would be in an upright position, but he did sleep in the bed. The biggest problem he had was that because he's drinking a lot of water, he had to get up to go to the bathroom a few times (oh well). This morning he did eat more for breakfast, so that is a good sign. He's one of those people who runs to the ER or the doctor at the slightest little thing. Truthfully, there are some things that I just will try to wait to see what happens. Not him. Then, when he comes home from the doc, you would think the world was coming to an end! He moans and groans. For example, yesterday I went to PetSmart and got a big bag of food for the cats, a few bags of food for their "treats" and some more Pill Pockets. He came home and said "they told me not to do a lot" so I just told him "well, I can't do everything". As he was getting out of the car I mentioned that the only thing that needs to come in the house are the small bags of cat food. "I don't think I can carry them". So I just got them and put them away.

DJ - I miss DeeDee, too. Wonder why she doesn't come in here? She's still logging, that much I know. Interesting.

machka - I've never heard of someone who gets sick every time they get a flu shot. I'm sorry this happens to you. I think one of the reasons I don't get sick very often is because I do exercise so much. I hate a sinus infection. Fortunately, since moving to NC I haven't had real bad ones. I remember being in Stroudsburg and I got one one time, had to go in the bedroom and just close my eyes. Oh, thanks <scarcastic> about the flu being a bad one.

Sharon - when I picked up the placq, the girl who made it asked me to take a picture of when Denise first opens it, her reaction.

Allie - it's so wonderful to read how you're seeing thru Tom. Your lawyer is mean???? Poor baby

Terry - welcome! Congrats on all your accomplishments, especially knowing so much about yourself.

Rhonda - you joined by posting!

pip - Wowsa

paulag - welcome! Great goal

Karen in VA - so happy about the doggie

Allie - I'm so sorry about the condo. Something even better will come along.

We're having a pool part for the Newcomers this weekend. I'm really hoping that Vince feels OK, I think he's feeling better each day so I think we'll have it. Anyway, started making the dessert. What I'm going to do is put blue jello about 3/4 full in a plastic glass. Harden that. Then put a swedish fish in and more blue jello on top of that. The day of the party I'll put one of those gummy lifesavers along with a teddy graham inside it and one of those paper umbrellas. I'll also get a fruit tray and make these meatballs and make spanikopita.

Denise said that she needs her veil for when they do her hair. Not sure why they'd need it, but I guess I have to send it to her. She didn't think they'd need it, either. But I do want to make her some lemon squares. She doesn't like them, but Pete does.

Tomorrow go to the Y to do a body pump DVD, then volunteer at the Green Room, then home to cook the sauce for the meatballs and hopefully make the dessert for Denise so Vince'll have it to box up.

Michele back in NC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA - when I die, I want to come back as a Yorkie at your house. You have probably said the same thing B) Those eclipse pictures were spectacular - very professional.

Michele, I want to live in your kitchen. Let's see - meatballs, fruit tray, spanikopita, lemon squares. I'll be glad to taste everything, lol. Poor Vince, hope he feels better soon! He and my DH are alike in many ways but DH hates to go to the doctor.

Lenora- that is something about your broken toe. Hope the boot does the trick! I have stubbed my little toes so many times they stick out at odd angles. When I'd jam them, as soon as the swelling went down I taped them to their "neighbor" for a week. I think that's all the doc would have done. DH has wrapped old socks around the legs on the bed which help cushion when I cut the corner too quickly.

Machka - I always love looking at the photos of your rustic cabin and your wedding. Hope you get over this crud and stay over it for a long time! I think I've mentioned this before - the MD who was the medical director for our county refuses to fly in airplanes just because of the nasty germs that are recirculated. I've almost become anal about hand washing when I've been in a public place-anyplace that has a handle or knob someone else might have touched. First thing I do when I get home from shopping is wash my hands. Of course dog germs are fine. :D

Have a good evening!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    ((((((Allie)))))) sorry it didn't work out <3
  • ILove2Craft
    ILove2Craft Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :/
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    paulag1955 wrote: »
    Janetr, your ornaments remind me of the ones my mom used to make when I was a child. Thanks for the memories!

Paula, my mom and I used to make them together. I do have to say I was relieved when you didn't say they remind me of your "grandma"!!! All the younger ladies keep saying "my grandma used to have her whole tree decorated in those" or "my grandma used to make them all the time". But then, I'm the mom/grandma type, so actually its ok :)

Janetr OKC

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite Christmases, and I have a couple from when I was a child and about all we had was love was when Dad had changed churches. The movers kind of destroyed out box of Christmas decorations. So we made new ones. They wee the typical ones that don't cost any money except for construction paper, glue, foil and a Mom's imagination. It. As a lovely tree.

MIchele, I had my hair done for my last fitting but I was going to immediately have my picture taken. I did my hair myself along with so,e help from my sister and as dad as make up, the photographer made me look nice. When we took the dress back to the bridal shop, they lost it!!!!! after many people frantically searching for it they found it. It was placed under my new name and not my old one.

I don't want any assistance with my meds. I just want off of them. I may ask for tramodol. Tonight I took my one Narco,later than I did last night so it is fresher in my system when I a, finally ready to lay down and s
    Turn out the lights. I know I a, tired enough to go to sleep. Just hope that my body cooperates. Choir practice was wodmerful. We are just tweeting so,e of our songs coming up and then working on Christmas songs and a
    cantata. One of the ladies trio I sing in is singing in a couple of weeks so we practiced for the first time tonight. It has been many months since I have sung in it, I think December? So that was good. These are all songs we are very familiar with so after our first practice, we feel we only need one more practice. The alto part can be pretty boring. The first two whole lines in one note. Just one note. Oh well.

Allie, I a, so sorry you didn't get your condo. Maybe God is thinks mg about your dogs. I didn't like it what Tom said about your dogs that he would never keep them away from them. Another way to manipulate you and feel that he was wonderful. It will work out. Time is one of the hardest words.

Welc Me new ladies!!!!!

Night night. Hope I don't love g in later cause I can't sleep. Becca, start singing.

Joyce, Indiana
  • paulag1955
    paulag1955 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is a fast-posting group! I'm so glad I found it!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Discharged at the clinic yesterday, both eyes now done, everything is fine. Do need reading glasses now

Welcome to all newbies, keep popping in to see us, I check in every day but don't always contribute. Just helps to know others are going through the same things as you

Re exercise, I started out not enjoying but now do something every day, even joined the gym ( at age 71) and love it. I'm stronger and fitter, I have loose skin but no longer take BP meds so I'll take that

ALLIE - sorry about the condo :'(

Kate UK <3

• Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Last day of midnight sun for the year in Longyearbyen. In three weeks it will actually start getting DARK around midnight. :laugh:

I've attempted to read back a bit more and see what's been going on. Having been off-site for over two months, I was hard put to remember it all so I'll only comment on some of the stand-out dramas :wink:

Allie - As others have said, the "loss" of the condo may be a blessing in disguise. I'm thinking especially about the no-pets policy. Hopefully you'll be able to find a place where they'd be allowed. Thinking back on what you've written about how willing Tom has been to spend money on medical care for the dogs versus how reluctant he's been to spend money on YOUR health, I'm afraid you may be in for a custody battle. Stay strong!

Dorrie - You've certainly had more than your share of loss and misfortune recently. I hope you soon find yourself in a better place with your life. :heart:

Karen in VA (I hope I've got the right Karen here.) - Glad to hear you don't have to give up your furbaby at short notice. It's so important to have time to reconcile oneself. :cry:

Rori - I feel for you dealing with your husband's decline. I've been seeing similar symptoms in my mother for a couple years and for one terrifying day last summer, my father was also confused. He's become the strong one of the two, despite being almost blind. Fortunately, his confusion appeared to be temporary, related to a bad night's sleep.

Michele - I get exhausted just reading about that wedding! For my part, I would have thrown in the towel long ago.

Machka - Ugh for recurring illness! Living as isolated as we do here in the High Arctic, we rarely get sick. The harsh environment means infectious agents don't survive long outside, and people tend to be well covered up. But when the annual flu does invade, a quarter of the town can be sick simultaneously. I think I've reached the age where I'm considered a risk group a can have a free flu shot. Maybe I'll take the jab.

I'm heading down to the mainland in a couple hours. We're constructing a permanent stairway up to the porch on our holiday home (finally, after 7 years!). Until now we've been using the temporary steps the builders put in. We constructed a framework last month. Now I'll be priming and painting the framework, sawing and putting on the actual steps, then priming and painting them. Or maybe I'll be smart and paint them before I attach them. >:)

I have about 3 pounds of strawberries in the freezer, waiting to be turned into jam. (We had to leave in a hurry a month ago and all I had time for was harvesting the berries.) I also hope to go out hunting for chanterelles. Yum!

/Penny, planning priming and painting at the North Pole
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,061 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    August 24 is my husband and my anniversary. :) Although we were married on August 24 in Canada, which is August 25 in Australia, it is August 24 here in Australia today, so we're celebrating today. Did you follow all that. :)

We had a quiet evening ... a walk to the beach and along the beach, and then dinner at the Indian restaurant there. Plus my husband brought home tiramisu and chocolates. :)