WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Options

Replies

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Allie - I say hold your ground. If it is meant to be it will happen. When one door closes another opens.

Joyce - don't let anything stop you from doing a craft. Go get that crochet hook. Don't forget to share pics of what you make. I have to do my embroidery or chainmaille jewelry for my mental health.

Toni - The fact that you are asking ?s shows that you are not taking your decision lightly. It is a big decision. Trust your gut feelings! If it isn't right, it isn't right. My second (current) husband is totally different my first and makes me so happy. I was determined not to make the same mistake again. I decided I'd rather be alone with myself than to be in a bad marriage. I'll be thinking of you. Deep breathes. of me soon

p.s. hope to load a pic of me soon. I love to see who I'm posting with. :smiley:

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    terewilliams (not sure of your name) - congrats on the good interview and contacts. Keep us posted.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,793 Member
    Options
    I am beat...
    Condo owner will be gone for the next 4-5 days, told real estate agent to show him all my paperwork, he only talked to her over the phone... so I will let all thing stew over the weekend..
    do more packing this weekend.. but now it is melotinin and to bed..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn: I'm hoping that your home is safe in the storm that is headed your way and your community is not endangered or damaged. :flowerforyou:

Felicia: I love the quotation from Little Women. I haven't read that book in years but I have read and loved the whole series in the past. :heart:

Gloria: I suspect you will survive the teen years or know the reason why. You are a terrific parent to those grandsons. They are lucky to have you. :flowerforyou:

Alison: I hope you have a trusted advisor to help you with the ins and outs of condo leasing and sale. The idea of leasing first gives you a chance to find out if it is really a place where you can be happy. I think it is smart, but I don't know whether it will make a purchase more or less expensive in the future. There are real estate experts here who may have some insights that will help you. :smiley:

TNToni: It seems we're long distance "classmates." I'm going to one of the events for my 50th class reunion tomorrow. I'll let you know how I like it. This one is informal and at a tavern in the old hometown. The other one is a fancy sit down dinner. I'm passing on that one. I have no idea whether anyone who was my friend will be at either event. :ohwell:

(((NYKaren)))

We bought new barstools for our kitchen counter that were delivered in boxes ready to be assembled. We assembled one and it is both comfortable and appealing. Two to go but DH needs a nap first. I bet the new ones won't be nearly as durable as the set we've used since the 1970's. The old stools are going into storage as backup. :smiley:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Halfway to goal. Slowly but surely getting there this time around. Stay the course! It's a journey for sure.

Our son is coming up to us in College Station for a few days to weather out the hurricane effects in Houston. He was nervous. He was too young to remember the hurricanes we went thru in Florida. More mommy time for me!

Our daughter went to her first house on her journey to purchase her very own home. I don't know why I'm a nervous wreck for her. I guess when you've been thru 9 house purchases and sells you know ALL that this will involve. Plus helping her from Texas while she's in Virginia doesn't help. I hope she doesn't suffer too much disappointment through the process. She'll live and learn.

Sending healing prayers and joyful blessings!

Cheri
    in soon to be drenching Texas
  • WendyofMysfam
    WendyofMysfam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Been doing a lot of petsitting and couldn't get on Wifi so now I am starting again from page 43. I will catch up and write again! Love you all!

Welcome to the newbies!

Wendy in Ark
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

My CPAP strap had irratated a spot on my scalp and I've been itching it. So I put a little bit of Lavander oil on it thinking it would soothe the spot ( was Tuesday). What did I do? I took a Benadryl but I keep getting waves of pain. I hope it stops hurting! I don't want to go to the doctor. He'll probably think I'm nuts to put Lavender oil on it! I use it on my skin all the time so I don't think I'm allergic to it!

Allie I'm with everyone else on the condo. Another one will come up. Don't push too hard. I would have to have a place to live which is pet-friendly.
    I'm with Lenora, Tomcat may be contempt of court if he doesn't provide his financials. States are different state by state.

I made chicken fajitas tonight with Mexican rice and corn tortillas, a bit of shredded cheese and salsa. Turned out pretty good!

That's all that happening here. It quit raining and the air is drier. It's about 82*
    Perfect outside!

Take care!
    Dana in Arkansas
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Good day today. Got some yardwork done since it is cooler, also did some Qi Gong. I haven't done that for a while and my balance has suffered. Yikes! This afternoon I had a dentist appointment and forgot the fair started today. The highway past the fairground entrance was a mess. Good thing I left early to get there, but the checkup was good.

Hope anyone in the path of or affected by the hurricane stays safe.

Allie - Hang in there on the condo. Sounds like they are anxious to get someone in there.

Paula - I live in between Snohomish and Monroe. We have 10 acres with goats and horses. Moved here 2 years ago from SD.

Cheri - I just wish I was under 200. I seem to have plateaued at 204 and can't seem to get it to move.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,414 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    B)

Hey Peeps, busy day. Canned 6 pints of gravenstein applesauce that was the yield from 2 crockpots - it's very thick and yummy. Love a little bit of it with chopped walnuts and plain greek yogurt. I threw a couple pears in to sweeten it. The Chehalis apples will start turning ripe in the next few days - will find a cool place to store them or freeze any sauce I make - tho freezer is getting jam packed and I much prefer cans -- I still have nearly 80 pints from last year but we can eat 2 pints a week.

Tere - way to go on the interview! What a great feeling - and then to be contacted by someone else - you are in demand! So happy for you!!

Dana - sorry about the ouchie on your head. Do you have any Neosporin around?

Penny - it was a strange garden year for us in the Pacific Northwest - or at least at my house. Winter squash wouldn't produce female blossoms until a few weeks ago - except for the pumpkin. Green beans were icky - hardly any fill. Onions not growing well. But looks like we will have a fairly good tomato crop which is just starting tho we've been eating cherry tomatoes for a few weeks. They are a month late.

Gloria - good for you on the swimming! Sounds like you've found the perfect place and time to enjoy it.

Cheri
    - you are a LOSER in the best way! LOL. <3o:)<3

Katla - your new bar stools sound very nice!

Marcelyn - a Federal trial would have been fascinating. I was on the jury panel for a small town this month but no trials. Wouldn't mind getting called for District or Superior Court. Sounds like Harvey is going to sock it to you - hope you are able to avoid damage. Makes me wonder when we'll get the next huge windstorm here in the Pacific Northwest.

Toni and Katla - if your HS reunions are close by, I'd say go and catch up. Check out the old people, LOL. My 50th will be in 2 years, not sure if I'll be able to fly back to Indiana for it -- if there even is one.

RE and Machka
    - Happy Anniversary! Celebrate!

Still no rain in sight and after a cool couple days we'll be in the 80's and low 90's for the next ten days. Makes me wonder if we'll go from summer to winter within a few weeks time.

I think my bladder infection is getting better - if that's what it is. It might "just" be cystitis :s - I know I've been overdoing it on coffee this past few weeks so I am going to lay off or try to survive on one cup. Anyhow I have been drinking a lot of water and taking the antibiotic and the little red pills = orange pee: they really help. Hope I can stop them tomorrow.

That's it for now. Welcome newbies and hugs all around!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,147 Member
    Options
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    Machka – I had to read it a few times, but, I did get the date thing on your anniversary. Lol. Mine is this Saturday – August 26th. It’s always on the 26th... as we were just married in one place on one day and we are both from the same country.

Happy Anniversary to you too! :)

I do the same weird thing with my birthday ... and then here in Australia my birthday falls on a long weekend, so I just celebrate for 3 or 4 days instead of just the one. :grin:

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,147 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Eclipse Photos My old high school pal Patty is an amateur photographer who happens to be obsessed with photographs, and as you all could see, is a spectacular photographer. If any of you are interested, you can follow her on Instagram: patschoenfelder. I have another friend here in Richmond who is also phenomenal: annfulcherphotography.

Machka Happy Anniversary! and many more!

JanetR I really like those ornaments.

Sue Hope you get a couple of nights of excellent sleep. I sometimes don't sleep well either. Magnesium citrate capsule sometimes helps me.

DJ I don't think I knew you were diabetic before you lost weight. That is a wonderful victory.

Michelle I had to laugh about Vince not being able to help with the bags of cat food. Poor baby! LOL! Your party food sounds creative and delicious. I love spanikopata.

Machka & Michelle I get sick when I take a flu shot because I am allergic to thimerosal (the preservative). Fever/achey for 2-3 days. Maybe that's why Machka gets sick? Some people are allergic to eggs w/same reaction, as the vaccine is incubated on/in eggs.

Lanette LOL! My doggies are spoiled rotten. But they are to be credited with my sanity, so I think it's a fair trade.

Penny Always so great when you post, love hearing about your life and your amazing home.

Heather So darn cute, those grandkids and gingerbreads!

NYKAREN We went to Niagara Falls once and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have a lovely whirlwind holiday! And ((hugs)) concerning separation blues from DD.

@langman22 Spectacular Hardanger embroidery! Wow! And yes, I am one that keeps my weight loss journey to myself (except here), and when someone comments about it, I try to steer the conversation back to them whenever possible.

Cheri Your daughter will be fine! She can handle this. Doing a happy dance with you for 171! big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

Tere How did the interview go?

Dorrie Seeing a "new old" of a loved one is unsettling, isn't it? Your dad must have been special.

TNToni I enjoy high school reunions, so I would say go. And I understand perfectly why your heart races when you think about having The Talk with your husband.

Penny Chanterelles are lovely lovely lovely!

Marcelyn Oh my goodness! Stay safe in this storm! You, too, Lisa and Cheri.

Re (((Hug)))

Karen in Virginia
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    Machka – I had to read it a few times, but, I did get the date thing on your anniversary. Lol. Mine is this Saturday – August 26th. It’s always on the 26th... as we were just married in one place on one day and we are both from the same country.

Happy Anniversary to you too! :)

I do the same weird thing with my birthday ... and then here in Australia my birthday falls on a long weekend, so I just celebrate for 3 or 4 days instead of just the one. :grin:

OK! That is also my anniversary! Happy anniversary ladies!