Short girls!

Options

Replies

• ckelly2016
    ckelly2016 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    AnneTanne0 wrote: »
    (For us shorties the 'new bmi' is said to be more realistic - https://people.maths.ox.ac.uk/trefethen/bmi_calc.html ) .

According to this I am overweight just as I assumed... The old chart always had me at healthy and I couldn't quite wrap my head around that. A little weight loss won't hurt. So it seems I'd need to lose a little over 8lbs to be healthy. BMI calculator says I should be 79.13 (wth???) to 106.9 lbs
  • Tedrick123
    Tedrick123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Tall guy 6'3". But u can still add me
  • littlebuffbiddy
    littlebuffbiddy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    5'3" here and currently 113 after losing 55 lbs post pregnancy. I lift 4 times a week, do HIIT cardio 2 times a week, with one rest day. Currently counting macros for weight loss (though I have hit my goal so now mostly maintenance and am trying to gain muscle) and do intermittent fasting which helped w the last 5 lbs. I like intermittent fasting because it allows me to have bigger meals during my allotted time
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm 31 and pretty much dead on 5ft short. I just started on 177 lb. First goal is 140 which sounds quite daunting! But if it takes me a year, so be it. Better than not doing it!

Edit: I don't want to stop at 140, but it would put me in a stone bracket I haven't seen for a VERY long time!
  • Wiggymommy
    Wiggymommy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Five foot and half inch ;-) 30 y/o and looking to lose another 40- 50. Feel free to add me ladies.
  • MiBoo77
    MiBoo77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0 started at 164 and i am down to 152. My first goal is to reach 135 ideally i would like to get down to 115-120. Please feel free to add me. We got this!!!!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    NikyNik89 wrote: »
    4"11 and omg this weight i cannot lose after almost two years of giving birth. Statistics say for my height i should be 98-110 I'm currently 226. I cant even imagine being that small. My smallest was 170. My goal is 150.

I'm 4'11 too. My starting weight was 150. :( I know your pain. I want to be around 125 but I have had the hardest time just getting below 147. It's like it just goes up and down between the same few pounds and I never actually lose.
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    NikyNik89 wrote: »
    4"11 and omg this weight i cannot lose after almost two years of giving birth. Statistics say for my height i should be 98-110 I'm currently 226. I cant even imagine being that small. My smallest was 170. My goal is 150.

I'm 4'11 too. My starting weight was 150. :( I know your pain. I want to be around 125 but I have had the hardest time just getting below 147. It's like it just goes up and down between the same few pounds and I never actually lose.

I am 1.53,it is not 5'.I also have the same problem.My weight comes down in the week,and week ends it goes back up to the same weight.And I do not eat more.I actually cycle more.Between 55.5kg and 56kg on the moment.I do not know if the age is counting against me.47 years now
  • irma0502
    irma0502 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5 ft 1 inches. Envious of my taller friends. I have BMI of 22 now. It is tough to maintain.
  • bella98902
    bella98902 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5'2 & 160lbs would love to be 135 or less again
  • kttyson
    kttyson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Shorty here too: barely 5'2 and doctors goal for me is 110lbs (50kg), but I'll be happy at 115lbs (52kg). Currently 140lbs (63.5kg)

I need to lose weight not only to feel and look better, but because I'll be going in for another surgery. Keeping my body in check after the last surgery - with life and moving - has been difficult. Often people don't understand how 1lb makes a huge difference. Hopefully you girls can
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just got home from a week house sitting and my housemate said "have you lost weight while you were away?" - I have, but only 1lb! And he is a guy, wouldn't have expect him to notice for weeks yet!
  • mazza8791
    mazza8791 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone....I'm 5'2 and 132lb....aiming to be around 115lb. Desperately need motivation. I used to be 111lb and was happy with myself but as I'm approaching 40 it seems to be creeping on (I say as I've just eaten 2 chocolate digestive sat at my desk
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Where? :D
  • ExileFromTheNorth
    ExileFromTheNorth Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Love short girls.....but thats because im a short guy!!!!!
    (5'5") :)
  • anwade01
    anwade01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'1 & weigh 164 lbs. I started at 181, and my initial goal is 130. Please add me if you'd like! :)
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    nelja wrote: »
    I am 1.53,it is not 5'.I also have the same problem.My weight comes down in the week,and week ends it goes back up to the same weight.And I do not eat more.I actually cycle more.Between 55.5kg and 56kg on the moment.I do not know if the age is counting against me.47 years now

I'm going to be 49 years old this year and I think age definitely has something to do with it. :neutral:
  • brynnangelina
    brynnangelina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'3" gal here! Great group. Best analogy I've ever read is: Take a short glass and a tall glass. Fill them up with water at the same rate. Which one overflows first? Helped me manage my weight in relation to my height more realistically, rather than walking around feeling as though I 'should' (if all was fair) be able to eat as much as my taller counterparts and not endure consequences.
  • HealthyAshes88888
    HealthyAshes88888 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    5'3" gal here! Great group. Best analogy I've ever read is: Take a short glass and a tall glass. Fill them up with water at the same rate. Which one overflows first? Helped me manage my weight in relation to my height more realistically, rather than walking around feeling as though I 'should' (if all was fair) be able to eat as much as my taller counterparts and not endure consequences.

I never even thought of that! Makes sense!
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    anwade01 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm 5'1 & weigh 164 lbs. I started at 181, and my initial goal is 130. Please add me if you'd like! :)

Awesome loss hunny bunch