Cottage cheese intake

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    omerfkhan wrote: »
    You can eat as much as you like of it as long as you are not sacrificing other micros/macros.

Make sure you hit your fat goal, eat a wide range of coloured vegetables/fruits. Add in other protein sources for variety. Chicken tuna, eggs etc.

Thanks I really appreciate your help

Be careful if you have a medical need to watch your sodium. Cottage cheese is very high in it.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited August 2017
    cottage cheese contains dihydrogen monoxide. I recommend against eating it.
    http://www.snopes.com/science/dhmo.asp
    Snopes says nopes. Myth
    p5caz09r8st0.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member

I don't know why anyone would "woo" that . . . there is DHMO in it. People need to read this site:

http://dhmo.org

OP, don't worry about the DHMO in cottage cheese. You'd have to eat gallons and gallons of cottage cheese for it to be a problem, and smaller doses of DHMO don't accumulate unhealthfully in the body over time.

Also, this (passage quoted above) was a joke. He just forgot the ;););) .
    You can eat as much as you like of it as long as you are not sacrificing other micros/macros.

Make sure you hit your fat goal, eat a wide range of coloured vegetables/fruits. Add in other protein sources for variety. Chicken tuna, eggs etc.

This one (passage quoted just above) is true and correct. Many other people's replies are meant to be playful, not so much helpful. Enjoy your cottage cheese! :)
  • mmapags
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I don't know why anyone would "woo" that . . . there is DHMO in it. People need to read this site:

OP, don't worry about the DHMO in cottage cheese. You'd have to eat gallons and gallons of cottage cheese for it to be a problem, and smaller doses of DHMO don't accumulate unhealthfully in the body over time.

This one (passage quoted just above) is true and correct. Many other people's replies are meant to be playful, not so much helpful. Enjoy your cottage cheese! :)

I'd guess the bolded above is why it got wooed. Not that there isn't any but that the poster was recommending not eating it. If it was humor, that wasn't clear. On the other hand, I have seen some blatantly factual things wooed so who knows why people do these things.... :/
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Your biggest danger is boredom. Eat as much as you enjoy and fits in to your calorie goal for the day.

The second danger is pushing out other important foods like vegetables. An all protein diet is tough on the old colon.

The final danger is simply eating to bursting. I am sure you don't intend that.

Keep in mind all the other lovely protein-laden foods like eggs, fish, chicken, beef, and tofu.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2017
    How much are you thinking of eating? In the amounts I can imagine people eating regularly (and I love the stuff), no issues, but you can have too much of anything.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    mmapags wrote: »

I'd guess the bolded above is why it got wooed. Not that there isn't any but that the poster was recommending not eating it. If it was humor, that wasn't clear. On the other hand, I have seen some blatantly factual things wooed so who knows why people do these things.... :/

Zach got wooed, not me. Yes, Zach did not say that DHMO poisoning is dose-dependent, which is why I added that part, and Zach apparently suggested avoiding cottage cheese entirely, which is Just Wrong unless you dislike it or are lactose intolerant. Yes, DHMO is H2O is water. Yes, consume too much water in too short a time period, and it will kill you (by screwing up your electrolyte balance, not by making you burst, or something like that, though there probably exists some quantity that would so that, too). Hyponatremia is a thing.

And I did put in the ;););) .
  • mmapags

Zach got wooed, not me. Yes, Zach did not say that DHMO poisoning is dose-dependent, which is why I added that part, and Zach apparently suggested avoiding cottage cheese entirely, which is Just Wrong unless you dislike it or are lactose intolerant. Yes, DHMO is H2O is water. Yes, consume too much water in too short a time period, and it will kill you (by screwing up your electrolyte balance, not by making you burst, or something like that, though there probably exists some quantity that would so that, too). Hyponatremia is a thing.

Yup, I understood it was Zach that got wooed. I apologize I wasn`the more clear. I meant he might have got wooed because it isn't really a problem. Apparently Zach`s humor is too subtle for my limited comprehension. :D
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    The limit for me is only the amount of cottage cheese in my house.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited August 2017
    Dunno. Is there a maximum dosage listed on the package? You wouldn't want to OD....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Can I ask what's potentially unsafe about cottage cheese?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member

Yup, I understood it was Zach that got wooed. I apologize I wasn`the more clear. I meant he might have got wooed because it isn't really a problem. Apparently Zach`s humor is too subtle for my limited comprehension. :D

I just figured that people would know that DHM is water.

Aww, that's sweet ;)