Tips & Tricks: Food Hacks

Options
12346»

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    @GottaBurnEmAll just made my pudding with no pudding mix, Its quite delicious and creamy XD put some dark chocolate chips on top and you have full on dessert for around 250 cals with 32g protein lol

Sounds tasty. I might give it a try one of these days if I ever get tired of protein ice cream (see the volume eaters thread for that recipe.)

I've tried protein cheesecake but I just can't get on with the sweeteners, I tried several and ick. Same happened when I tried protein powder in my porridge. So all sugar free protein based "hacks" are not for me. I can do sugar free jelly (jello) so just do that sometimes with full fat pudding (I assume you mean something like Angel Delight, packet mix you add milk to?).
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @VintageFeline, when you've tried zucchini noodles in the past, did you cook them? I agree that they completely don't have the mouth feel of pasta, but I think they hold up to sauces a lot better if you eat them raw - otherwise they get too mushy. I like fresh, room temp but raw zoodles with a hearty meat and veggie sauce straight from the stovetop. The sauce heats up the zoodles without making them all mushy and watery.

I eat pasta on the regular (I'm infatuated with campanelle lately, and I have it several times a week, lol), but I may try @GottaBurnEmAll's trick of mixing the zucchini strands in with spaghetti. Sounds great!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    DamieBird wrote: »
    @VintageFeline, when you've tried zucchini noodles in the past, did you cook them? I agree that they completely don't have the mouth feel of pasta, but I think they hold up to sauces a lot better if you eat them raw - otherwise they get too mushy. I like fresh, room temp but raw zoodles with a hearty meat and veggie sauce straight from the stovetop. The sauce heats up the zoodles without making them all mushy and watery.

I eat pasta on the regular (I'm infatuated with campanelle lately, and I have it several times a week, lol), but I may try @GottaBurnEmAll's trick of mixing the zucchini strands in with spaghetti. Sounds great!

I blanch mine - 1 minute in boiling salted water (add when water is already boiling), drain and rinse immediately under cold running water to stop the cooking process. Any longer and they do turn to mush. If using them in stir fry I add them raw, last, for just about a minute.