Help! Persistent oily, greasy, waxy feel in mouth!

Options
123457»

Replies

• supercarer
    supercarer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow I’m experiencing exactly as u have described and I googled which brought me to your post so I had surgery 10 days ago for appendix removal and pumped full of IV antibiotics then oral antibiotics I asked doc for nystan as I felt I had oral thrush due to all the antibiotics it’s driving me mad as my food tastes metallic and my mouth feels horrid but good to know I’m not alone or imagining it lol
  • Firestar1999
    Firestar1999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been experiencing this for a month now after being on a modified Keto diet for years. I actually felt a squirt of oil in my mouth from a gland or duct up behind my wisdom tooth on top. Suffice it to say I quit the high fat diet. I have been massaging my jaw and it was sore right wear the oil squirted out and that has made it better. I also notice that no amount of water hydrates me. I have to drink sparkling water, Gatorade and I make a solution of lemon juice and soda and fill up with warm water and that really helps a lot. I noticed that a lot of people are buying cases of a mexican probiotic drink called Bio Salud. I asked them what it was and they said it helps with digestion. This also helps. Good luck to you all.
  • dan86662
    dan86662 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well I'm back here after almost five years with the same problem of grease and the roof of my mouth mouth. I would just wanna ask people here if you think it might be anxiety. i've been having bouts for the past five years.

It seems to come and go I do not think it's food or medications. This past week i've been having a real bad problem with my caregivers. So I believe the good old anxiety kicking in again in turn giving me a greasy mouth.

Do any of you concur. Do you think it's something you might overlook when you have this problem. By the way I'll just have to ride out the storm because there really is nothing you could do about this I believe. That's why I'm here I see no new answers to what can be taken to relieve it.

Oh wait I forgot tomorrow morning I'm gonna try some warm salt water. Excuse me my state of mind right now isn't really that good, but yes I forgot I do get some minor relief for warm salt water rinses.

• eelizabethh30
    eelizabethh30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Like a handful of folks here, I finished a round of Diflucan for oral thrush. About two days later I have that oily feeling in my mouth, worse while eating certain foods. Hoping it goes away soon!
  • Mahhi8
    Mahhi8 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Could it be a metabolic disorder? Maybe your body is unable to produce enough some enzymes, and certain unfinished metabolic products are secreted in the saliva.

Is there an odor in your urine, from the food you eat? Does the urine foam easily?

Are there hormonal inbalances? (For example, related to alertness.)

Could it be something that resembles fibromyalgia. Have you ever had migraine symptoms?