What is your Go To Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    It's usually a piece of fruit, like a large banana or apple, sometimes with PBfit, and coffee with a smidge of cream and truvia. On workout days I generally tack on a hardboiled egg, or save a small piece of fruit for a pre-workout meal around 11 and eat some yogurt with a little granola instead.
    Weekends are lazy, as I usually don't get hungry until mid-morning, so lately I've been making smoothies.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Before I ditched breakfast entirely I would have scrambled eggs made with 1 whole egg and 2 whites, and 2 turkey sausage patties.
  • doubledigitsbyjuly
    Options
    Right now I'm doing:

- greek yogurt, apple jacks (or any cereal) with almond milk, and fruit
    - Activia yogurt with diced pecans, fruit, and a toasted mini blueberry bagel (sometimes with a bit of butter)
    - Eggo chocolatey chip pancake pouch with sugar free syrup, fruit, and a glass of soy milk
    - banana mango "ice cream" with granola, almonds, and pecans
    - Greek yogurt parfait with strawberries, blueberries, nuts, and granola
    - packet of oatmeal, fruit, and Greek yogurt

They're all pretty balanced, in that they each incorporate fruit, grains, protein, dairy, and fats
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Roasted vegetable (zucchini, red peppers, yellow peppers, asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli and red onion) and egg casserole topped with shredded chicken, salsa and kimchi.
  • Mkneedtogetfit
    Mkneedtogetfit Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1. Plain low fat yogurt + seeds+ chopped fruit + almonds
    2. Eggs in any form + 1 rye crisp bread
    3. Oatbran 30g + milk + chia seeds
  • MantisToboggan_MD
    MantisToboggan_MD Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I go for protein powder in ice/water during the week. On Saturday and Sunday, it's 6 over medium eggs and 4-5 strips of bacon.
  • Aw0627
    Aw0627 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Coffee with cream and sugar I'm not really a breakfast person
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have a few for during the week when I'm on the go:

1. 1 golden delicious apple, 1-2 light string cheese and about 24 almonds. I call it my Fruity, Nutty, Cheesy Breakfast. It's simple, but it packs some protein and is totally satisfying!

2. Instant Cream of Wheat (or oatmeal), Splenda Brown Sugar (to taste - I use 2 tsp), Cinnamon (to taste) 1 scoop of Isopure Unflavored Protein powder. You have to mix the powder in slowly otherwise it gets clumpy. Super high in protein and probably my fave breakfast.

3. Homemade Pulp Fusion Power Smoothie - 1 8.4 oz can Red Bull, 1 cup strawberries, 1 banana, 1/2 cup orange sherbet and 1 scoop Isopure Unflavored Protein Powder. This will make more than enough for 2 people.
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was eating broiled grapefruit every morning for a few weeks and loved it. I just cut one in half, drizzled a tiny bit of honey on top and broiled it for 5 minutes. So good! I would usually pair this with oatmeal + protein powder.
  • Mom2Maika
    Mom2Maika Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats are easy are versatile. Throw everything in a mason jar before you go to bed and breakfast is ready as soon as you wake up! I usually put almond milk, oatmeal, chia seeds, cinnamon, a scoop of PB2, some banana, raspberries/kiwis/strawberries or whatever fruits I have on hand. Yum!
  • raphonzel
    raphonzel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I cup nonfat milk, 1 serving whole wheat cereal, black tea or coffee whichever is available :*:*:*:*:):*
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Coffee with heavy creme
  • MandaPanduhCA
    MandaPanduhCA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese and an insane amount of coffee with 2 tbsp of half and half.
  • JenObRN
    JenObRN Posts: 102 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese with berries and or fresh peaches.
    That, or eggs (I switch it up- scrambled with veggies, omlet, poached...), gluten- free toast and usually fresh fruit.
    Always coffee!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    1 whole egg four egg whites with Tabasco. Sometimes two pieces of turkey bacon. Which is actually not all that better then lean pork bacon. But to me they taste about the same and I can save those calories.

Amazing how people have eggs in separate parts. Maybe I'm from a different culture. I never think of eggs in separate bits, and if I did, it would certainly be more yoke than whites.
  • JenObRN
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    1 whole egg four egg whites with Tabasco. Sometimes two pieces of turkey bacon. Which is actually not all that better then lean pork bacon. But to me they taste about the same and I can save those calories.

Amazing how people have eggs in separate parts. Maybe I'm from a different culture. I never think of eggs in separate bits, and if I did, it would certainly be more yoke than whites.

You've never heard of egg whites?
  • BrianAWeber
    BrianAWeber Posts: 82 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I generally have fruit, almonds or walnuts, and whole grain bread with either almond or peanut butter. Tomorrow I am going to blend the rest of my banana's up with pancake batter with chocolate chips, and top with with a vanilla sauce made with half and half.
  • girl1451
    girl1451 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love berries with plain Greek yogurt and about 1/4 cup homemade granola. Berries make the yogurt sweet and the crunchy topping makes it feel even hardier. If I find I'm getting bored I try different fruit and a new granola recipe.
  • JenObRN
    Options
    girl1451 wrote: »
    I love berries with plain Greek yogurt and about 1/4 cup homemade granola. Berries make the yogurt sweet and the crunchy topping makes it feel even hardier. If I find I'm getting bored I try different fruit and a new granola recipe.

Sounds yummy!
  • pigheaded
    pigheaded Posts: 3,083 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    2 coffees with 2 stivia packs