What is your Go To Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast lately is stir fried sweet potato hash and riced cauliflower with a couple fried eggs, corn and black bean salsa, and a few links of turkey sausage all mixed together. Paired with a cuppa hot tea with cashew milk and maple syrup.
  • samathes
    samathes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on breakfast so I normally go for a coffee with chocolate Premier Protein as my creamer. Keeps me going until lunch.
  • Mark_Joseph
    Mark_Joseph Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Coffee, oatmeal, peanut butter, and some fruit.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Avocado toast with an egg on it or giant egg white omelet or yogurt with all sorts of earthy, crunchy, hippie stuff sprinkled in it.
  • Mrbwednesday
    Mrbwednesday Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Two eggs, picnic perfect burger patty or two sausage patties, 1tbs cottage cheese mixed with two tablespoons of shredded Colby jack
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Homemade yogurt in my Instant Pot with Trader Joe's Toasted Coconut Granola in it. And of course, coffee with creamer.
  • clintonmck99
    clintonmck99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been having a sliced apple with tuna, mayo and craisins to dip it into.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • karahunts
    karahunts Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and eggs. Usually two egg whites and one whole egg scrambled with sautéed bell pepper, onion, mushroom and spinach followed by a bowl of oatmeal or oat bran because my body craves carbs in the morning. If time is limited then just a bigger bowl of oats.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I subsist almost entirely on variations of what my mother called the Breakfast of Champions. Quick version:

Peanut butter chocolate oatmeal (premeasured on meal planning day)
    1 serving veg (usually carrots)
    1serving fruit (usually blueberries)
    1 serving vegetarian protein source (cottage cheese or hummus)
    cup of highly caffeinated tea

Long version:
    Protein pancakes (also premeasured, but takes longer to cook)
    1 serving veg (usually carrots)
    1serving fruit (usually blueberries)
    1 serving vegetarian protein source (cottage cheese or hummus)
    cup of highly caffeinated tea

Sometimes I will crave eggs and make an omelet. Not often. There is cereal in the house but I use that as dessert. :)
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have several go-to options that I rotate:

- 2 slices of bread with peanut butter and banana slices
    - cottage cheese with fruit (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, banana, etc.)
    - Cheerios with almond milk
    - eggs/egg beaters scrambled with spinach, black olives, tomato, cheese, and hot sauce
    - oatmeal (I have some 100 calorie and 160 calorie packets)
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    One whole wheat low carb mission wrap, two tablespooons hummus, very generous handful of baby spinach, half an avocado, and one serving of Perdue short cuts. Sooooo good, I eat it almost every weekday. Weekends I usually don't eat til the late morning/early afternoon.
  • lbound115
    lbound115 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is and has been 2 hard boiled eggs and 2 oz. of smoked salmon. I make up the eggs once a week so they are ready to go and buy the salmon from Sam's 20 oz. pack and pre-cut it into 2 oz. slices and wrap them up so each morning it' easy to reach in the fridge and grab and go. Eggs = 140 cal. and salmon = 100 cal.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    half a cup of coffee, a banana, and out the door for 4, for my first workout!
  • Brisy67
    Brisy67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese pancakes, 1 egg, 2 Ozs cream cheese, 1 tspn Stevia, just mix together with hand blender, makes 2 decent size pancakes.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Toasted English muffin with PB + 2-3 eggs scrambled
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Never the same thing 2 days in a row for me! I change it up even if I have a cereal (porridge) it will be different from one day to the next.
    Today I had a slice of rueben rye bread with 4 ounce of home made chicken salad, 1/2 grapefruit and a cup of coffee ... 334 calories: 39 grams of carb, 12 grams fat, 17 grams protein

Yesterday it was old fashioned oats with a scoop of Hemp protein powder, 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2/3 cup blueberries for 326 calories: 60 grams carb, 7 grams fat, 21 grams protein

Friday I had a red potato shredded and fried in a bit of corn oil to make 3 little hash browns, and 2 medium sized eggs, with a salad of fresh cucumber, tomato and onion with a sprinkling of salt and a dash of vinegar. I used the left over oil in the pan from cooking the potato to add to the salad but did use butter to cook the eggs. This came in at 445 calories: 36 grams of carb, 26 grams of fat, and 18 grams of protein ... it was a brunch meal.

Thursday I had a slice of that wonderful rye bread with 3 ounces of part skim ricotta cheese, a medium sized peach. This came in at 275 calories: 33 gram carb, 11 gram fat, 14 gram protein

Wednesday it was spoon sized shredded wheat (OMG, a processed food!) with a small banana and a cup of 2% milk for 380 calories, 73 gram carb, 6 gram fat and 15 gram protein ...

This is just to give you an idea that breakfast can be anything you like it to be ... the trick is to eat something you like and can fit in that will keep you satisfied until lunch! If I have to a have a mid-morning snack, I don't repeat that breakfast without tweaking it to include either more protein or more fat in it.
  • KetoPhillip
    KetoPhillip Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    4 brown eggs with shredded cheese and sour cream on top. 3 fresh pork links. Keto diet baby