What is your Go To Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I like porridge with frozen fruit and mixed nuts, possibly with a drizzle of honey if the fruit is a bit tart. However recently I've been having hot, buttery crumpets with blueberries and banana and a cup of tea....crumpets might not be as substantial as oats but they're so satisfying! I struggle with breakfast because I'm not a fan of eggs or full englishes and cereals don't fill me up (I just eat endless bowls of cereal!). In an ideal world I'd be having pancakes and waffles and danish pastries every day :L
  • aguy0980
    aguy0980 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have 3 favs:
    1. Slice of wheat toast with avocado spread on it, 2 slices of Turk Bacon and a runny egg. 1/2 grapefruit on side.
    2. Green Juice: Coconut Water, Spinach, Celery, Cucumber, Apple, Avocado, Lime and Ginger (sometimes I add plain yogurt). Usually grab a boiled on side.
    3. Protein Shake: Almond Milk, Frozen Berries,1/2 Banana, Cocoa Protein Powder, Spinach, Cinnamon and Oats. Taste like a milkshake :)
  • aguy0980
    aguy0980 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    wait....4...lol.

I also love a omelet with smoked salmon and roasted veggies on the side.
  • ladyrkill
    ladyrkill Posts: 12 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    For the last two-three years my breakfast have been 2 hard boiled eggs, one banana, an americano with 1 tsp salted caramel syrup and 1 cup of fresh juice, usually green juice. Occasionally I will make myself an omelette with smoked salmon and mushrooms or banana oatmeal pancakes. I have lately been trying to mix things up a bit like adding in half an avocado with one egg but always go back to my routine breakfast. I enjoy it and always feel ready to get on with the day!
  • jaymiserysmith
    jaymiserysmith Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Every morning I clear my fridge out of leftovers for breakfast.. often theres some salad from the last nights dinner, a piece of meat, or a boiled egg.. or half avocados, or half used cucumbers and capsicums. or any vegetable close to turning gets fried up. I wash it down with some bone broth. That way my fridge stays clean and clutter free and I have a clear idea what I have available to eat for the rest of the day.
  • justnjoyable
    justnjoyable Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Four egg whites, chia seeds; frozen banana. Snack in two hours...
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    Turkey sausages
  • Gould118
    Gould118 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    If I have time in the morning I make my protine pancakes 340 cal for 5

But if I know I don't have time in the morning I make overnight oats!
  • moumallick6
    moumallick6 Posts: 11 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I like to have a healthy breakfast before I start my day so that my body's metabolism can boost up. I always have smoothie for breakfast, and it really makes me energetic and makes me feel full.
  • maemommy813
    maemommy813 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mornings are frantic in our house because we have to get our daughter to school by 7:40, so on week days it's cereal, toast, toaster waffles, or English muffin with vegetarian breakfast sausage or an egg with fruit. And coffee. All the coffee.
  • jlhflex
    jlhflex Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    3 Whole eggs, lightly beaten, 2 biscuits with sausage gravy, med rare ribeye and Oatmeal with brown sugar and butter
    Thats about every other morning lol
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Three fried eggs, on lightly buttered toast with a slice of cheese. Plus a cup of coffee (or tea).
  • earce84
    earce84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We make egg cups on Sunday and prep for the week. We wrap a piece of bacon around muffin tin and fill that with fill the middle with egg white/egg blend and whatever veggies we like. They are easy to make, reheat and portable enough to eat them in the car or on the go.
  • phillier8378
    phillier8378 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Low calorie wrap with peanut butter and a banana, breakfast to go!
  • cheekyfilly
    cheekyfilly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love half a fresh mango with 100g 0% fat Greek yoghurt and a protein shake
  • HostageCat
    HostageCat Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal or special k cereal and coffee with a little bit of skim milk and sweetener, sometimes I'll get enough energy to make multi grain waffles but that's a rare occasion
  • longhardride
    longhardride Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats with a spoonful of crunchy peanut butter added
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and a banana

#noeyecontact
  • mic1018
    mic1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    10 eggs
    1/2 med onion, chopped
    2 cups kale
    12 cherry tomatoes/chopped
    2 cloves garlic

Saute the garlic and onion in a small amount of olive oil or butter. Add tomatoes and stir for about 30-45 seconds to soften. Add the kale and stir to wilt slightly, then add eggs. Mix all together and continue stirring until eggs are scrambled and as done as you like. Split into 5 meal prep containers. Each morning, open a container, top with 1 Tbs grated parmesan or other cheese and microwave for a few seconds to heat. Super quick and yummy!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    New fave is quinoa, sauteed mushrooms and spinach seasoned with salt, pepper and a little Italian seasoning. Top with an over easy egg. The mushrooms and seasoning has a "sausage flavor" it is really good.