College Football Pick'em (Think you can win?)

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to make your picks.
  • cee134
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So Ohio State and Penn State might be an upset game.

Some people are even saying Ohio State could win against Penn State. I guess anything is possible if there are infinite universes.

Edit: Ohio State will probably win this week just to spite me.
  • cee134
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    This week suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

This week seems to suck worse. But because there are a bunch of possible upsets.

Last week suuuuuuuuuuuucked for just me I guess...

It wasn't a very exciting football week if that's what you meant.
  • katiebug3268
    katiebug3268 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am not in this group but I bet the Penn state vs Ohio will be a good one...especially watching Saquon Barkley.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    inb4 Florida decides to start being good and screws all of us that picked Georgia.
  • cee134
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    inb4 Florida decides to start being good and screws all of us that picked Georgia.

I'm wondering that too.
  • cee134
    Options
    There could be 7 ranked upsets tomorrow afternoon. Statistically speaking, it is unlikely to be all 7 but it is likely there will be at least 1. But which one?
    The 3:30 p.m. ET kickoff window is going to be one of the greatest of the past decade. In addition to three ranked-versus-ranked showdowns (Penn State at Ohio State; TCU at Iowa State; North Carolina State at Notre Dame), there will be No. 4 Georgia at Florida, No. 16 Michigan State at Northwestern and UCLA at No. 12 Washington. There's also Houston at No. 17 South Florida kicking off at 3:45, so there could be as many as seven losses by ranked teams in the span of about 30 minutes.
  • cee134
    edited October 2017
    Options
    There could be 7 ranked upsets tomorrow afternoon. Statistically speaking, it is unlikely to be all 7 but it is likely there will be at least 1. But which one?
    The 3:30 p.m. ET kickoff window is going to be one of the greatest of the past decade. In addition to three ranked-versus-ranked showdowns (Penn State at Ohio State; TCU at Iowa State; North Carolina State at Notre Dame), there will be No. 4 Georgia at Florida, No. 16 Michigan State at Northwestern and UCLA at No. 12 Washington. There's also Houston at No. 17 South Florida kicking off at 3:45, so there could be as many as seven losses by ranked teams in the span of about 30 minutes.

I'm having anxiety about it already. I played it very safe.

I can't rank the 8 or 9 I want to for 1 point. So it's hard to play it safe this week for me.

Notre Dame can lose, I've believed in TCU before and was very disappointed but they are better this year, and Ohio State could win.

Not to mention Clemson's QB has an ankle injury and GT can give them trouble every year.

UGA and Florida, won't even go there....

USC is hit or miss and Arizona St can make them miss.
  • cee134
    Options

I can't rank the 8 or 9 I want to for 1 point. So it's hard to play it safe this week for me.

Notre Dame can lose, I've believed in TCU before and was very disappointed but they are better this year, and Ohio State could win.

Not to mention Clemson's QB has an ankle injury and GT can give them trouble every year.

I actually pick OSU in hoping that my poor picking will mean they will really lose.

Good strategy. It usually works too, unless you try to do it that way. Of course if you go back and pick Penn St, than OSU will win.

It's hard for me to ignore Ohio State playing at home but also the fact that they haven't played a real team yet, except OK and lost to them. I've been going back in forth all week on this match-up. I probably won't make my final pick until game time forces me to.
  • cee134
    Options

I actually pick OSU in hoping that my poor picking will mean they will really lose.

Good strategy. It usually works too, unless you try to do it that way. Of course if you go back and pick Penn St, than OSU will win.

It's hard for me to ignore Ohio State playing at home but also the fact that they haven't played a real team yet, except OK and lost to them. I've been going back in forth all week on this match-up. I probably won't make my final pick until game time forces me to.

That's the thing. They're in Columbus. Plus, as much as I hate to say this being from Ann Arbor, they are still the team to beat and I'll pick them if I have to until proven otherwise. Penn State racked up the offense against a really good M defense, but I'm doubting Michigan so much that I don't even know if that's a good benchmark. Guess that's why they play the game. Either way, Saturday will be fun.

They have been proven otherwise, Oklahoma proved that. Also OSU schedule up until now has been against easy teams. Right now I'm 50/50 on either team winning. Maybe I'll flip a coin.
  • cee134
    Options

That's the thing. They're in Columbus. Plus, as much as I hate to say this being from Ann Arbor, they are still the team to beat and I'll pick them if I have to until proven otherwise. Penn State racked up the offense against a really good M defense, but I'm doubting Michigan so much that I don't even know if that's a good benchmark. Guess that's why they play the game. Either way, Saturday will be fun.

They have been proven otherwise, Oklahoma proved that. Also OSU schedule up until now has been against easy teams. Right now I'm 50/50 on either team winning. Maybe I'll flip a coin.

I meant in Big Ten play.

Oh..... Penn St still looks way better. I hope OSU gets their *kitten* beat tomorrow because they shouldn't even be in the top ten.
  • cee134
    Options
    Sorry, but Big 10 is a joke. Play-offs may have to show that and leave out some really good teams.

Plus side - UGA at Florida, wow..... that was just awesome!
  • cee134
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I agree with the rankings for the playoffs this week.

wo1l7czbqiwv.png
  • cee134
    edited November 2017
    Options

Every *kitten* year (for about 2 or 3 years now) this happens to me.
  • cee134
    Options

Smart, get the points because most people probably picked Penn St to win. So if you lose you win but if you win you lose but still get the points.
  • cee134
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Wisconsin hasn't played anyone yet so I think the committee is waiting on most of these teams to play the ranked opponents later this season.

I agree with this week based on how the teams have played, who they have played against, and the talent on those teams.
  • cee134
    Options
    Don't forget to make your picks.
  • cee134
    Options
    I love this. Just in case not everyone saw the score.

3nhojizxpc28.png
  • cee134
    Options
    Let me clarify that.

2x5b7t6ukzeb.png
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Let me clarify that.

2x5b7t6ukzeb.png

That 24 points would've likely only been 17 if not for Iowa's punter going full potato on 4th and 9.