Dang, I feel old!

Options

Replies

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    My 5-year old told me that I was "old-school" last night. I don't even remember teaching him that term.
  • THS2SHALLPASS
    THS2SHALLPASS Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    My only son turned 19 and is in college. Going to his football games makes me feel old a bit... oh and cold weather locking up my joints in the morning... maybe I am just old.. lmao
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Options
    I've recently gotten mad at some neighbor kids for playing music too loud at night. Even asked one to "turn that racket down". No clue when I turned into the old chick.
  • HealthyAshes88888
    HealthyAshes88888 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I've recently gotten mad at some neighbor kids for playing music too loud at night. Even asked one to "turn that racket down". No clue when I turned into the old chick.

As long as you weren't shaking your fist or cane at them too you're not old yet ;):D
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Options
    Whew. Good thing you didn't mention an umbrella B)
  • HealthyAshes88888
    Options
    Whew. Good thing you didn't mention an umbrella B)

Bahaha!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I felt old when I had to explain to my son how a pay phone worked

And yes, the thought of dating. I don't even know where I would start
  • HealthyAshes88888
    Options
    My youngest will be 9 soon and the fact that I don't have "little" ones running around any more makes me feel old :( I miss the baby yelling "momma!!!" from her crib in the mornings :'(
  • swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Realising I no longer really care what anyone else thinks about me .... that was my defining point when I realised I'm now that bit older.

Or a lot of the younger person speak, I have no idea what a lot of it even means

No one does, stay woke.

I'm so woke man I'm like literally legit woke, it's rad

There, I made it more 2010 for ya

Rad should be replaced by lit, though.
    I have teenagers. I speak their language, much to my chagrin!
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    I hate teenagers and their lingo. I know i am young but as a server i just want to pour hot coffee over myself when they come in my store
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    I was born 1991, and when people talk about the 90's I just assume it was a few years ago.... then I realise it was almost 18 years ago, kids born after the 90's are now adults!! *kitten*!
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I hate teenagers and their lingo. I know i am young but as a server i just want to pour hot coffee over myself when they come in my store

Same ;)
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options

Same ;)

Why are there teens at the strip club.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Same ;)

Do you mean, “Why(,)” or “why(?)” ?
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options

Same ;)

Do you mean, “Why(,)” or “why(?)” ?

You work at a strip club so i assumed that is what you meanr
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    While they were before my time, but I still like them... Well my teen nephew told me once that "the Beatles suck." And I said "name one song!" He couldn't. Which made ME feel old because I could have rattled off a bunch of songs off the top of my head. I can only assume the little 'punk' is probably a Bieber/Taylor Swift fan. LOL