Dang, I feel old!

Options

Replies

• VoodooChile76
    VoodooChile76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    For me, one thing i's still having a proper entertainment center (tape/CD/receiver/LP turntable). When now a days many people have Sonos or similar going thru a smartphone. Convenient yes, but looses the feeling of music I think...
  • VoodooChile76
    VoodooChile76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Me and my girlfriend used to go parking in my 1971 Plymouth Duster, Slant-6 engine, and 3 on the column manual transmissions. Billy Joel on 8-track tape was top tech back in the late 70’s!

Ha nice -- I used to joyride in my Dad's 1971 Plymouth Satellite 383...fun times
  • let_me_clip_dirty_wings
    Options
    When I changed all of sons' kids hangers to adult hangers...
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    No one knows what this is anymore it seems

71SYK5jDP-L._SX355_.jpg

If anyone comes close most seem to think its a CD case or something.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    My daughter turns 14 next week. It's not cool at all. :cry:
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I was listening to 90s music on the way to work this morning and one song brought back high school memories that made me feel so happy. Until I realized that song came out 20 years ago!

Dial up internet, landline home phones, VHS tapes......all these things are pretty much extinct now.

What makes you feel old now?

The mirror, my joints, and my birth certificate... :'(
  • Just_Mel_
    Options

4 more years and youll be single again! hang in there!

I'm single now!
    But I have a 10 year old too, so..
  • Just_Mel_
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »

I hear ya. My son turns 14 on Thanksgiving.

You have a son, I have a daughter. Let's join houses.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    Hey you guys i was born in 1994, how do you feel now?
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I’m a stripper and one of the other dancers at work was talking about her mom, who is one year older than me. :/
  • Just_Mel_
    Options
    Lol! You could have just said, "A girl at work was talking about her mom....."
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options

Nah it was all good
  • Sunnybrooke99
    edited October 2017
    Options

No. I thought ab that. It’s not the same. I guess you can’t imagine how it feel to have stripper coworkers who could be your daughter. It’s pretty weird. . Besides, I’m not ashamed of my job. I’m just old!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options

No. I thought ab that. It’s not the same. I guess you can’t imagine how it feel to have stripper coworkers who could be your daughter. It’s pretty weird. . Besides, I’m not ashamed of my job. I’m just old!

How amazing that you’re in such terrific shape that you can do a job requiring strength, stamina, grace, and a super hot bod that women half your age do!

You should be proud!

I hope I didn’t embarrass you — I know you weren’t trying to brag or seeking compliments. :)
  • beagletracks
    Options

You sunnuvabeech. I was having a LOT of fun in 1994, though. Thanks for reminding me!
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Options

How amazing that you’re in such terrific shape that you can do a job requiring strength, stamina, grace, and a super hot bod that women half your age do!

You should be proud!

I hope I didn’t embarrass you — I know you weren’t trying to brag or seeking compliments. :)

Thanks. I honestly forget that it’s not a normal job. It gets so mundane for us.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I've only read Page 1 so far, and most of the comments sound like people younger than I am. I have a 7 year old grandchild, so that makes me feel old.
  • beagletracks
    Options

u4gnigz7hyzb.jpeg

I could’ve been your mom... if I hadn’t been busy carving up the mountain

But yeah, now I’m pretty freaking old :'(