JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS | Round 15

Options

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,837 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I find it nearly impossible to send messages to people through these message boards. I keep getting "there is a problem with your post" type feedback or that the user name is not valid. For this reason, I am posting here the last message I tried to send. I'm extremely frustrated.

To farmgirlco
    I saw you mentioned WW and that caught my eye. I lost 60# on WW in 2008-09 but when they decided fruit was "free" and my then leader said "no one EVER got fat from eating bananas," I started regaining. Maybe not bananas but fresh pineapple and watermelon did me in! Every change they have made since then has only irritated me further! And I have continued to gain. Let's do this together!

[personal details removed by MFP mods - share email, phone, etc. via private messaging]
  • Julialynn66
    Julialynn66 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It's my first time - looks like a great way to stay motivated for 10 days at a time!

8/31 - 170.8 - goal weight is 145 ... but for this challenge I'd be HAPPY with 10 lbs lost
    9/01
    9/02
    9/03
    9/04
    9/05
    9/06
    9/07
    9/08
    9/09
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,837 Member
    Options
    @natashabull1 How did you get that little graphic at the bottom of your post?

@laurielindly Do you knit or crochet? Something which occupies your hands can keep you from snacking and you could end up with a garment in the end!
  • cyranda63
    cyranda63 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    It's my first time - looks like a great way to stay motivated for 10 days at a time!

8/31 - 170.8 - goal weight is 145 ... but for this challenge I'd be HAPPY with 10 lbs lost
    9/01
    9/02
    9/03
    9/04
    9/05
    9/06
    9/07
    9/08
    9/09

Julia, 10 pounds in 10 days is not really feasible or medically sound. You probably need to reevaluate your goals. I would hate to have you disappointed at the end of the 10 days.
  • nikki062181
    nikki062181 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    artanis50 wrote: »
    I am definitley in! This group has been such a motivation to me. Last round was really difficult between having the flu and TOM being here. I've also found it incredibly hard to do my 30 minutes of biking 5 days a week since school started back up. When I get home from work, I am completely exhausted from molding little minds all day, yet I still have to help my own 3 children with their homework, cook dinner, pack lunches, and it usually isn't until 8 that I get to sit down. I need to be able to figure out how to fit exercise back in. I thought about mornings, but I get up at 5:30 as is to get my oldest on the bus and as soon as he leaves, I wake up my youngest to get him out the door. (Staggard busing here.) When he leaves, I leave for work. Any suggestions?

Can you do anything the expedite making lunches? Are the kiddos old enough to stay home for 30 minutes? Do you have a significant other that can help? They could do their homework on their own while you bike ride and then you could check it when you get home. I know how hard it is. I'm a working mom too. Most days when I get to bike it's after 7 when my little guy goes to bed. Sometimes my husband will take our nighttime routine so I can go out early.

Honestly, I am married, but I pretty much do everything on my own. My husband isn't very good at helping me with anything atm because he's to finishing his last year of college. I also have a child that requires some extra help with things. I thought about goiung walking during my lunch break or something. Lol
  • nikki062181
    nikki062181 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I am definitley in! This group has been such a motivation to me. Last round was really difficult between having the flu and TOM being here. I've also found it incredibly hard to do my 30 minutes of biking 5 days a week since school started back up. When I get home from work, I am completely exhausted from molding little minds all day, yet I still have to help my own 3 children with their homework, cook dinner, pack lunches, and it usually isn't until 8 that I get to sit down. I need to be able to figure out how to fit exercise back in. I thought about mornings, but I get up at 5:30 as is to get my oldest on the bus and as soon as he leaves, I wake up my youngest to get him out the door. (Staggard busing here.) When he leaves, I leave for work. Any suggestions?

Round 15 SW 178.6
    Round 15 GW: 178
    UGW: 125

08/31: 178.6 I am back to where I started last round. Lol

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,283 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm in.

08/29 - 148.6
    08/30 - 148.8

Sept GW - 145.0

Day/Weight/Comment

08/31- 147.8
    09/01
    09/02
    09/03
    09/04
    09/05
    09/06
    09/07
    09/08
    09/09

Chris
  • kelisueray
    kelisueray Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Round 15 SW 178.6
    Round 15 GW: 178
    UGW: 125

08/31: 178.6 I am back to where I started last round. Lol

I know you said your Husband is back in school, but I think it might be beneficial for you to see the equality between him doing something good for himself/family (education) and you doing something good for yourself/family (exercise). As well as him seeing it that way as well. Can he just hold down the fort for 30-45 min around 7pm and let you do something for you? Or if you can go after work immediately and just take an extra 30-45 min?
  • rparkerslim
    rparkerslim Posts: 398 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    This will be my 2nd round! I like it so far.

Highest weight: 242 on April 1
    SW: R 14: 226 EW R14: 224.3
    Goal for Round 15: 220
    Ultimate Goal: 141

Day/Weight/Comment
    8/31: 224.4
    9/01
    9/02
    9/03
    9/04
    9/05
    9/06