Am I the only one who thinks greek yogurt is GROSS?!

Options
mkakids
mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
Its too thick, and leaves my mouth feeling all coated and nasty. I love reg yogurt (and home made raw milk yogurt is AMAZING!), but greek yogurt is just gross.

I cant be the only one?

Replies

• LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You're not alone.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I only use Greek yogurt to make dips, otherwise love non fat reg yogurt.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's an acquired taste. I much much prefer 'fromage frais' (or 'fromage blanc') but it seems that it hasn't made it to the US yet unfortunately... I'm still hoping I'll find some one day...
  • MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes, you are. You can just leave right now.

;)
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Can't stand the stuff plain. But mixed with other foods it's relatively palatable. jmho, ymmv, etc.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    It is sooo good! COME ON!
  • anitad123
    anitad123 Posts: 1
    Options
    I tried the Chobani brand with fruit and it was totally gross!! I decided to try a different brand and tried Dannon Oikos without fruit and I really liked it. It didn't keep the hunger away like my usual omelet in the mornings but it was a nice change.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Its too thick, and leaves my mouth feeling all coated and nasty.

I hear that all the time. Just swallow it for now till you get used to the taste. Eventually you'll come to love the texture and feeling of it in your mouth. It's a great way to get in protein so it's worth working on getting used to.
  • 123tryingtobefree
    Options
    I am Greek and I hate it...
  • kamilah129
    kamilah129 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    OMGOSH!!! I HATE IT TOO LOL AND EVERYONE AROUND ME EATS IT LIKE IT'S ICE CREAM LOL YUCK!!!! I LIKE THE YOPLAIT THAT FULL OF CALORIES AND SUGAR LOL THAT'S WHY I JUST DON'T EAT IT!!!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

I hear that all the time. Just swallow it for now till you get used to the taste. Eventually you'll come to love the texture and feeling of it in your mouth. It's a great way to get in protein so it's worth working on getting used to.

Ha!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    <
    also hates it.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I don't like it either. Such a strange texture!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I think it tastes just like sour cream. I do NOT think it tastes anything like regular yogurt sweetened with sugar and fruit. But I only use it in cooking, or on a baked potato or in dip or anywhere I might normally use sour cream.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    It is definitely an acquired taste. The first kind I tried was the Dannon Light & Fit. I only ate it once because it made me gag. The Yoplait kind with the granola was okay, but left that weird taste and feeling in my mouth. So, Chobani it is for now! It tastes pretty good (IMO), is filling, and gives my protein a boost.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I hear pineapple helps that.
  • Roxanne_Hennessy
    Roxanne_Hennessy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love it, but I found out every year Greek Yogurt produces over 5 million pound of acidic whey that can not be safely disposed of so it just sits in giant containers. Kinda made me stop eating it
  • MrsKerryParkin
    MrsKerryParkin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't like it on it's own but we make a low calorie meal with it by mixing it with fresh garlic and herbs and stuffing chicken breasts then wrapping the chicken in parma ham... this is probably one of the only ways I can eat it
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Blah! It tastes like sour cream and yogurt had a nasty love child. I've tried it with fruit.. Granola.. I just can't do it!
  • kaleena1983
    kaleena1983 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way. I ended up getting Chobani (which has real fruit in it) and added walnuts (or any nut) to break up the texture. I really like it now!