Am I the only one who thinks greek yogurt is GROSS?!

Options

Replies

• lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    By itself it tastes like *kitten* but if you add fruit and/or peanut butter and some stevia, it's pretty tasty. Packs a wallop of protein as well.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I absolute abhor regular yogurt. I love full-fat Greek Yogurt. I switch between the Oikos and the Greek Gods yogurts, and they are amazing. I love plain greek yogurt with just a little organic wildflower honey - almost as perfect as ice cream. However, Chobani makes me gag, and any of the non-fat ones are just gritty and icky. I use the plain as sour cream or ricotta in a lot of different ways, put it in protein smoothies/
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I actually like Fage 2 percent granted its a bit of a aquired taste but I like the thicker taster.
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think it tastes like feet. However, I hold my nose and eat it anyway. :sick:
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I tried using plain in my morning smoothie and it was just too sour. Went back to using my protein powder and never got around to trying different brands or adding natural low cal sweeteners.
  • VioletNightshade
    Options
    Nope. When I tried it, the texture made me want to cry haha
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Nope its disgusting.
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    LOL it is pretty nasty. But with apples or bananas, it's really good :)
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I love it, but not plain. I don't see how people could use it as a sub for sour cream. Ick. Give me good old fashioned sour cream on a potato, please!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I've tried several varieties, flavors, and mix ins. All were sour and had a nasty after taste.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I hated the Fage 0% first time I tried it, but now I quite like it. Maybe because I'm pregnant ????

The Greek Gods Clementine and Honey is the best yoghurt I have ever tasted :love:
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I am TOTALLY opposite! I ONLY eat Greek yogurt, never regular. Yuck!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I use Greek yogurt on anything..

why is this even a thread?
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Nasty - I've tried all different brands and they all taste like curdled milk to me
  • i1984
    i1984 Posts: 27
    Options
    Plain Chobani with a tablespoon of ground flax seed. I love it!
  • JaneLane33
    JaneLane33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I like Dannon Oikos and I still buy it even though John Stamos has not shown up in my kitchen.
  • Tiramisu1
    Tiramisu1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I really like the Chobani with pineapple, but the calories are kinda of high. Now I only eat it once or twice a week. The Yoplait 100 calorie Greek is okay, but the Greek yogurts really need the fruit in them to make them palatable.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods - Honey is my FAVORITE!! It is like ice cream!!! I also love to mix in my hemp protein powder with it, and it taste like chocolate cake frosting...
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yes. You are the only person in the known universe who doesn't like a particular food.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    My parents both hate it - which is fine for me because then no one else will eat my yogurt. :P I've developed a preference for Skyr over Greek though.