• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Allie I I second what Barbie just said.

Janetr okc
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Allie, I think a talk about boundaries is in order! Since shedding the Tomcat, you now recognize when you are being taken advantage of, and so nip it in the bud now! We love you, and adore sassy Allie! Spread your wings and tell people what you're thinking!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Dances with Dogs: Welcome to a great group! :smiley:

Heather: I've been indulging in a little alcohol and discovered that one led to another, so I'm backing off for now. I noticed water retention after having a drink because of puffy fingers, and I've had an acid tummy. Not worth it to me as a regular practice. :ohwell:

Julie from the middle of nowhere: This is a great place. Stop by regularly. :flowerforyou:

Lanette & Heather: I still log every bite and swallow on my cell phone. It works for me. I wouldn't be able to do the job on my computer because it isn't with me everywhere I go. We're all different and it is great that we can do what works for us as individuals. :star:

Joyce: I know who you're talking about. Her name was Miriam with cats. She left after being criticized by someone here for how she was handling her grandchildren. I miss her. :ohwell:

Heather: I eat the same breakfast most days, too. In my case it is cottage cheese and blueberries. Sometimes I have other things, but not often. :smile:

New 55me: Welcome to a great group. What sort of help do you want? We have lots of experience between us and loads of advice. :flowerforyou:

Terry: I type my posts on a word document and then copy and paste them into the thread. It saves me a lot of aggravation. :grumble:

Allie: Too many people in your life are used to taking advantage of your generous nature. Sean & Jean are on that list. You might want to let them know when you are too busy or have conflicts. (((hugs)))

I've been having a grumpy tummy lately and just had to take some ranitidine for an acid problem. The food tasted great & I plan to have more of it tomorrow. I need to think about why I've been having issues.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    ///
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Katla- I hope you feel better soon!

DJ- (((hugs))) at least they both have you as a positive inspiration <3

Allie - I agree don't be Tom's or any one else's doormat. I love the new fiesty you as well!

Mary from Arizona
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did a hour of a Yoga Burn DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do the last segment of the Beach Body Sampler DVD, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

I don't think I'll go to mahjongg tomorrow night. I know the gal who hosts it is quite concerned about people being sick, and given how sick I was Friday night, I wouldn't want anyone to catch this. I honestly don't think anyone would, but I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. It's only a game, it isn't worth it. I probably will go to ceramics, tho. I can sit far enough away from people that there won't be a problem.

Penny - that first picture looks almost surreal. Wow!

M - congrats on the loss!

Allie - I have so many bags of frozen veggies in my freezer, that Vince many times has said "I think you're going vegetarian". I'm not a vegetarian, I just happen to like vegetables. Barbie had good suggestions for you

katla - so sorry your hoa meeting didn't go as you had hoped. I can't remember the last time we had one!

Dances - congrats on being smoke free. Expecially congrats on the grandchild

Julie - welcome. Keep coming back for lots of support

Remember that the MD pointed out a red spot on my leg and just said to watch it? Well, we were planting shrubs and when I went to get up, it feels like there's knot in the back of my leg at the top of where it is red. Guess I'll just see how it goes.

I'm feeling very tired right now. I'll skip bowling, ceramics and majongg tomorrow. I'll go to the MD. Guess it wasn't viral and I should have taken the tamiflu. Update: Went to CVS, they didn't have tamiflu but they had this Alka Seltzer flu stuff so I got that. Hope it works. I need to go to Denise's Tues

Julie - welcome

Wendy - what majestic horses you have there! Love seeing pics of horses

New55me - welcome! Check in often for lots and lots of advice and friendship

Allie - you have every right to be upset with Sean and Jean. How inconsiderate! Wish I could be there to help you. I like Chris' suggestion of a text

Michele in NC
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Ok, this is the second time I have hit post reply and half of what I wrote didn't show up. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Terry

Terry, I noticed if your cursor is in the middle of the text or if you entered a emoji from your keyboard, not the ones provided, the app will cut it off at that point. It's a tricky app sometimes.

Katla I have. iPhone 6S, 64 gig, version 10.3.3.

Wendy I love love love your horses! I especially like your sorrel mare. She looks like a filly I bred. But she was registered quarter horse. Milly had a pretty little head and a lot of chrome!!
    I wish I could still ride, or even know someone here where I could brush them!

Church was really good today. A young man did a solo. Really good voice! He's an intern from a nearby Baptist college.
    The choir and orchestra was beautiful too!

This afternoon a storm rolled thru. 20% chance of rain and it turned into a full on storm! The wind caught the umbrella and pulled over the table with it. The umbrella was broken on one of the vanes(?). Luckily the tiles flew out of the table onto the wood deck section so they didn't break. It was surprising that it did that. The table is heavy. Tomorrow I'll have to repot 3 plants that were on the table! There were doing so good!

Good evening y'all!
    Dana in Arkansas

As you can see, it was washing out in parts. It's usually lawn...
    ldppsv5homdx.jpg
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Michele in NC wrote "Remember that the MD pointed out a red spot on my leg and just said to watch it? Well, we were planting shrubs and when I went to get up, it feels like there's knot in the back of my leg at the top of where it is red. Guess I'll just see how it goes."

It's possibly a blood clot if there is a knot and it's red, don't mess around, let the doctor know. Does it hurt at all?

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Mary: Thanks for your kind wishes. :smiley:

Dana: My iphone is also a10.3.3 but you have a lot more capacity than I do. Mine is only 28.4 GB. :ohwell:

It is only 9 pm here, but DH has already gone up to bed. I'm planning to read a while and then join him.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Sending everyone good thoughts! Very little to write about here at the moment.

Rye
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Okay. I am now on pg 55. I was trying to catch up but finding that I have no concentration tonight.
    Until tomorrow.

-Sharon in Lethbridge
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Been on vacation for the past 5 days; was SO far behind that I knew I would never, ever catch up with reading all the missed posts. Then I was all the way back to page 43 when I started, lost my typing, then when I came back it was on page 46. So I started typing 'again'; and by the time I got ready to post it was now on page 57. Now, I have skipped to page 57 and figured I could ask someone to try to 'bring me up to speed'. Lost a 2nd post; but, maybe that was God's way of 'telling me' ... "Lenora, don't even post it, needs to be sent to one person, NOT here'. So I lost that one, too. Have literally lost all posts between page 43 and 57 by skipping over them. Normally, I check in 2 or 3 times a day. I am totally lost, feel like a 'newbie' here and do not know what the Hello-Kitty is going on or has been. Feel like the one 'sober' person walking into a roomful of people who arrived at the party two hours before. Been there, done that - had my boss ask me, if this is how he was after 2 hours of drinking. "UH, Yeah and I don't think I like either of us drinking for 2 hours - plus! That was 20 years ago and I've retired and he is now deceased. Was about to be put on the 'liver transplant list' (or have a portion of his cut out - they will regenerate. Then they found a 'heart murmur' he was born with and he was taken off. Then he had colon cancer (that is what he died from). He, too, had to go out on a 'medical leave' within months of 'retiring at full pay'. When the attorneys in town had a reception for him, he 'thanked' everybody, first his wife, then the attorneys, and then people he worked for. Then, he turned to me and told the group that he did not realize how going out on a 'medical leave' was so hard on me until he had to go through it himself. Thanked me for being his secretary for 20 years. He burst into 'tears' and so did I. Being with him for 20 years, maybe spent more time during a 24-hour day with him than his wife. I thought he was going to just 'forget me'; so, I really felt sort of honored.

Had a great vacation with my sisters, BnL; but, missed my sister's friend who was unable to 'get out of Miami' with her. Maybe next year. First off, my middle sister said something and my oldest sister 'jumped her about it'. Then she said that wasn't what she said. Oldest sister repeated 'word-for-word' what she had just said ... I did not say "Jack-$#*T." Later in the day middle sister asked me 'how I felt having 2 sisters who were 180° on everything 'political' and/or 'religious'. I just smiled and said it gave me 2 sisters that were very diverse in their thinking and sometimes I agreed with one or the other; but, rarely at the same time.

Louis and I talked while we were walking down the beach and both of us commented on all 3 of their habits and how some of it was mindless yet still extremely irritating. Not once during the 5-hour drive down and back did BnL 'clear his throat and said "Oh boy" when he did - loudly. He left the seat to the toilet 'up'. I'm not use to it (other than it was a habit my Daddy had - with 3 women in the house); and, knowing that middle sister wanted both the seat AND the lid down before flushing the commode. I told Louis about it and how it would irritate her if the lid was NOT down when she got ready to use it. I got accused of using 'her' toothbrush; but, I know I did not do it because my toothbrush was on the counter nearest to the door and once I start brushing I do not lay it down; it stays in my hand until I wrap it up in tissue. I 'think' Tommy changed it to 'mess with us'. Tommy would say something; and, Suzanne would 'immediately' do what he said in passing - she jumps right on it. He fussed at her about it and she said, 'I do it because I (we) might forget. We were in the middle of a dominos game and she started texting a friend about an old laptop they had and she could have it, then, Tommy told her that one of their grandsons had given his away to a student who did not have one, and, he was expecting to maybe get it. She started texting and after 2 minutes I asked her, 'Are you writing a novel'? IF looks could kill, I would not be posting here, which probably would not be 'missed' by a few

Oh, and by the way ... the 'person' that caused Miriam to leave this site was ME! I won't deny what I said in the PM; but, when she reposted it - here - without my permission I did 'flag' it. I wrote her a PM because it was a 'private matter' (IMHO). Nobody should share a PM without the person sending it has their permission to do so. Then Rita posted 'how to block someone' ... I tried it with a friend and it worked; I have since unblocked that friend; it was a test just to see how it showed up on her end of it. I am truly sorry that Miriam got so upset over what I said and did. I have made some 'political' and/or 'religious' remarks from 'time-to-time'; but, I truly TRY NOT to do so; but, others have also posted things that we always try to inform the "newbies" to try NOT to get into that realm of issues to discuss since we have such a diverse community here. To ALL the "Newbies" ... to send a message; you have to ask for a 'friend request' in order to send a PM. What you choose to do after that is entirely what you want to do. Some people find out about others who suddenly stop posting by asking someone they know have either met them or know them from other places. If I suddenly stop posting and haven't posted that I will be 'out of town', ask Carol [Peach1948] and she will be able to tell you because I know she and my sister are FB friends. There might become a time when I do just drop the community - I've thought about it several times, for several different reasons. I guess I am stubborn and ram-headed; but that is my Zodiac sign.

I'm "Home Alone" most of the time and you keep me from feeling 'cut off from the world'. Growing up I live in the same small town; but, when new students entered the school, our school counselor decided that since I was a cheerleader that I I would be the 'one-girl welcoming committee. That way it would not be overwhelming for someone 'new' to the school. I could find out what they liked to do, and even solicit why they had moved to town and help introduce them to a group of people that I thought they would be comfortable. I'm my sophomore year, I had an extremely 'bad' experience with a girl that moved to town because she saw me as a part of the 'popular group and 'stuck to me like white on rice' ... then she did something that pissed off my mother by making 2 dates on the same night and left with the first one to show up. Guess who got a week of 'house restriction' other than going to the city pool for my job as a life guard - more than 5 or 6 miles away (my car could not be used either - I could 'walk' or ride a one speed bike. I chose to walk because I had a much better chance of getting picked up by someone and brought home at the end of the day. I started ignoring her very noticeable and then they just moved out of the town. I know why they stopped and their one year here was pure Hello-Kitty when it came to me. I made a day with a boy and when he came to the door, her Daddy blocked the door and told him I could not leave the house - I saw my opportunity to get through his body and I took it ... never spent another night with her. When I did spend the night, I got drugged (along with this girl and her sister) and I can remember ending up in his bed. Like a lot of us here, I, too, got molested. In my senior year, one of he most 'good-looking' guy moved into town. I mean 'drop dead' good-looking. He could sing and played the trumpet. For a lot of the year, I thought he was a pompous prink, he was pretty stand-offish and years late found out that he had changed school right in the middle of the year and MPHS was the 'only' school that he started and finished the entire school year there. He was quiet; but, I got him involved and involved with the band members.

I used to want to be the 'new kid' in school because most of them were popular group were in our same classes together.

This site is meant to be encouraging. I could try to track my food and not come here; but, I personally find almost all of you 'friends' and I try to make the "Newbies" welcome and let them know 'what might make navigating it easier. It will take the Newbies to jump in and post and come back and continue coming back. I've got a few 'friends' because I happen to have been 'once burned, twice cautious'. Most of the time, I do make friend with a person who has asked me; but, rarely make friends if I have to instigate asking for it.

Lenora

I've very vocal; but, I don't think any more than others
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Yes,mthat was Dori that had the very 'supportive' guy. Uh yeah. Supportive. More like a clinging vine. Noe Chris's fellow is a good match

And yes, that was Miriam I was thinking about. I didn't mean to bring back so,e memories from Lenora. That wasn't the reason I asked. I alsed because Kelly was going to a class that was talking about children and their Brian make up.mthat just sounded down her line of expertise, she taught us a lot about caring for our extended family, sacrificial love and how to be a custodial parent at an older age. I miss her and Sylvia bunches. I often wonder how Sylvia's sin is.she wa sa other one who reall rook care of her grand kids. I also loved her ceramics and how she gav back to the community with them.

Allie, does your family still see the kind of Allison that you were when you were with Tom? You have grown so muc since then. Use your newly learned assertiveness on them also.

Michelle felt like going out to supper with us tonight. Well,actually she had her house cleaned up enough that she had he time to do it. She wanted the house clean before surgery on Wednesday. She knows we really don't like going over there because of the big dogs. We just aren't dog people. They jump on you and they have claws that can hurt and they can't stop licking you. She has plenty of friends that have stepped up to help her with me. But she thought she could immediatiely drive! We kind of burst her bubble with that. So we can help her with her grocery shopping. Her boyfriend helps her on weekends. I don't see why it is just weekends. He work s full time evenings and sometimes it involves a Saturday and when he works it is a 12 hour day. But they are both late sleepers so I would think he could go over around noon and help her. P,us she has her room mate.mnow he isn't obligated to do major stuff. That wasn't in the contract. Pay $50 every week and help around the house. But he does so much for the dogs and that wasn't in the contract. But she thought she could drive home Turesday from surgery. Dear girl, sorry, you probably won't be able to drive until the weekend. She will go stark raving mad.

Our 'fall' is still in the 90's.mi don't like it but our annual Fall Festival is comma up and it will get record sales if is weather holds up. It os the second largest street festival in the US. Mardi Gra is the first largest. You can get fat just by smelling the fat and German food booths. It all goes to different charities in the area so all is good, as long as you stay home,,,, we have stayed home fr the last several years. The huge crowds are two much and parking is terrible. There is one small handicap lot and it is almost full. Parking along the many streets is available but you have to make sure you have good insurance on hour car because some one will be hitting your car. The parking is more than bumper to bumper. They hardly fit and the police allow you to park halfway into the street at the corners. Or you can pay $6 to park in a lot. If I lived in that area I would take a week of vacation every year at this time. The noise, the trash on your property, the people throwing up or other bodily functions in your yard. Bye bye Evsnsville for me.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Just wondering if any of you have done a search in Google on your real and online names.

If you haven't ... try it some time!

I do it about every 6 months or so, just to be sure that I know what's out there. :)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Good early morning :| Ah, ive got the Monday morning blues--will have to shake them off and get going. Just caught up in all your comings and goings!

My maintenance weight is creeping up, just a few pounds but in the wrong direction and with holidays around the corner I'm going to watch my night time eating--that is the culprit for me. I sometimes like an external goal date to hit--we've got a family gathering oct 21 so I will use that to incentivize getting back to maintenance.

Allie I'm reading a lot of good advice about setting boundaries for folks taking advantage of your generous/obliging nature---you can do this!!! <3

NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    It's been a busy weekend!

Our van died on Friday, so we travelled around the city on Saturday, by bus and on foot, looking for a new-to-us vehicle.

Ideally, we'd prefer to be car-free, or really car-light, but logistics prevent that. I can take the bus into work, and I do ... but there are no convenient busses to get my husband to work. Plus we do like to dash off to other parts of the State for cycling weekends.

And I was trying to study for a test worth 15% of my mark. That took place today and went OK. One part of it went brilliantly, but the other part felt like it could have gone better.

And we squeezed in some time at the gym on Sunday.

Now it's Monday evening and I'm relaxing ... but I see that there's a bunch of housework I need to get on top of! Better make a start on that.

M in Oz
  • Juliemagoo63
    Juliemagoo63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all again, thanks for the welcome and yes its much warmer in Darwin than Tasmania at the moment. I am off to Brisbane on Wednesday night and Thursday is scheduled to be 38 degrees...and its only Sept. First week back using MFP and its worked okay. I have also upped my exercise, although most days I get my 10,000 steps in I am trying to incorporate some weights and strengthening exercises...I am sore although feeling good about the burn. Entering all that I eat, keeps me honest and planning for meals and I am trying not to eat all the extra calories that I burn.

My partner and I are going to do a cleansing diet for 4 weeks when I get home full time - he has a inflammatory disease and the doctor thinks it will help reset his bodies' reaction. Me I dont have any issues but its all healthy food, no processed stuff, no alcohol, and no sugar either, so its only going to help me anyway.

Have fun everyone.

Julie

• LindsayGiven1982
    LindsayGiven1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great thread :)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Wendy ~ Love your horses! The one of the horse at the beach is my favorite.

Alison ~ I hope Sean and Jean don't think that because you are not with Tom that they can be the substitute for all you used to do for him. Please don't let them take advantage of you.

Lenora ~ It doesn't sound like you had a great vacation with your family. Hope you did enjoy the beach. We were supposed to go to Daytona last week also, but did not because of the storm and worry over being able to get gas. Very glad since the refrigerator sprung that leak that ruined the floor two days before we were to leave.

Instant Pot ~ Cooked rice, hard boiled eggs, chicken thighs, and soup in it yesterday. Everything did OK except the soup. For some reason, it spewed all over the place when I quick released the steam. Very messy. And, I did not over fill it.

Carol in GA