WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Yvonne the pictures make it look like the knotty pine paneling is in good shape. If true, you might make a bit by selling it - it can be a most beautiful wood. (My kitchen is knotty pine so I'm biased, but good woods are being reused a lot now in renovations and construction- around here anyway.). I see why you are removing it from the bathroom ( wood paneling prob too dark for a small space) but I'm drooling over it.

Rye
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Yvonne ~ You do have high ceilings. I like the paneling under the wall paper. I wonder what it would look like if you painted it.

Wendy ~ You are a busy soul.

Becca ~ Sorry your nuke son is ill. But, glad you got to chat with him.

Felicia ~ Hope the cortisone shot relieves your pain. Knock on wood, mine in my knee has lasted over a month.

Lenora ~ That is so much me! :|
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi again, too many posts to not take a minute and catch up.

Yvonne, looks like you have your work cut out for you. Looks like the trim is in good shape. Will you need to update that? Just think of all the calories you will burn up. I want to see pics when it’s finished.

Wendy, I agree. I like living vicariously through all the ladies’ lives. My house tends to be dusty too. Those dust bunnies are just extra pets. Right?

Felicia, I love Midsummer Murders too. Sounds like you have made a good decision to increase your calories. We all need to do what works for us and keeps us on track. Hope the cortisone shot helps your hip. I’ve been having back/hip pain off and on. Because of the location, I can’t tell if it is hip or back.

Lenora, I have AAADD too! Good to know I’m not alone.

Pip, great pics of dogs. Love the t-shirt. Looks like there are a lot of us who have pets. Guess I’ll have to post mine soon.

Some words of wisdom for today…

It's not a race...it's a journey.

Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog.

To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.

Terry
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Becca I'm coming over for soup!!

DH tried to walk to train today to get into work, the humidity was so high, he almost fainted, took a cab home and is resting in air conditioning--scared him. He told me he lost 2 pounds of water weight!!

I'm in doc office waiting for X-rays of my wrist which is hurting me so much I made an appt.

NYKAREN
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    And now its portioned out. Handing Karen a container!!
    bl206u3ykis8.jpg
    I did put a deli thin slice of pepper jack cheese on the top of my serving, because it looked like it would be good. It was!!! Messy, but good!
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hope everything is OK with your wrist NYKaren. Thinking healing thoughts!
    Becca
    Soup goddess in
    Oregon
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Becca you are a Soup Goddess! Send one my way. It can act as a chaser for the two choc chip cookies I just consumed after bucking bales... <3 Wendy
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The Ortho doctor put me on Meloxicam (sp?) and it was making my stomach hurt and lots of acid. So I am trying not to take it and see if I don't get a flare up of the osteo. My knees have been so much better since I have been taking it but I also think the physical therapy exercises help a lot. Hope I can do without it for a while.

The plumber is here looking at the dishwasher. I hope he can fix it. We have more fans in the kitchen and basement and another dehumidifier.

Sorry for all my posting today.

I know how blessed we are compared to all the people who have been through the storms over the last month.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Allie: One step at a time. I can hardly wait until you are in, but I'll bet you're more eager than all of us combined! :flowerforyou:

Wendy: I'm an avid reader too, but no longer listen to audiobooks while I drive since I no longer have a nasty commute, one of the perks of retirement. I do have one cued up on my phone in case of need. It is one I've enjoyed before so I don't really forget my place. :devil:

Terry: I saw a Dan Rather report about Puerto Rico on facebook. It broke my heart. This is US territory and the US government, Red Cross, and other help agencies need to pitch in. :cry:

Felicia: Count calories in and calories out. (CICO) If you have more going out you will lose weight. This is the race between the tortoise and the hare. You know who will win, so go as slow as you need to and keep moving. :heart:

Lenora: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Becca: Glad you had the chance to talk to your son. :heart:

Peach: Pepsid AC is helpful for acid reflux, in my experience. So are TUMS. I usually choose to go with TUMS first and ratchet up only if they don't get the job done. I hope you find something that helps you. (((hugs)))

I've taken a yoga class today, ridden the recumbent bike at the gym, and shopped. I think that is good enough and now I'm planning to rest and read a funny romance.

Have a great evening!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Heather posted a quote similar to this that I wanted to use, but I couldn't recall it quite right. I went online and found this one.

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2ZI--r2xZo

We also did the jungle water slide in Costa Rica. My husband is wearing the GoPro. I am in the blue swimming suit -- I can see those 30 pounds! :grimace: Very serious as I consider my fate. :lol:

I screamed all the way down. I love it that my husband doesn't make a sound. I did it three times; he said once was enough! :scream: He got a shot of me at one point in the slide at the end of the video.

Felicia, still procrastinating
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Felicia How absolutely fun!!! I’m envious of the water slide trip - how fantastically long that was.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Well Penny, how many pit roasts can you get out of that carrot? LOL That is the tiniest thing I ever saw.

Becca, glad you got to see you son, his room and he is feeling better. I guess n the Navy, even. If you have to see a doc, you have to exercise to get there.

Felicia, loved the videos.

Talked to Christina today. She is flying out tmorrow morning to Chattanooga to pick up a truck tmorrow. She was able to do some actual work from her lap top but gas tried to find some touristy things to do in Miami. Most of it is closed still. She looked to find a souvenir shop but you have to pay to park in the lit so she just sends greetings to me. She will spend the evening sitting on the beach. Tough job

Got my every 6 week hair cut today. She has a new Golden Doodle puppy! So cute

Joyce, indiana
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Becca, yum!

NYKaren, hope everything is ok with your wrist. Ouch! :#

Kayla, Bayamon PR was on the BBC news tonight. That's where my SIL and MIL are. Looks bad. Husband talked with his sister today and she was able to find a little gas. People in their building are taking turns going out to find food. Everyone is sharing as much as they can. The President has still not declared PR a disaster area yet! Have read that the ships that brought in supplies to Texas and Florida did not have to pay the shipping taxes but the ships bringing supplies to PR have to pay. Hearing things like these just adds to our anger, stress and worry.

Felicia, what fun! Good for you going down more than just once. And they say women are the weaker sex. Really?

Ok, husband is bring home Chinese for supper. I was craving it and caved in. Did good with my eating today so not feeling too guilty.

Terry in VT waiting with mouth watering
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    diagnosis: tenditnitis of the wrist...got a cortisone shot and iced it, I am hoping for good results, if not then surgery...no way I want to go that route...

DH is fine, really got a scare though, he is resting and his bp is normal. Tomorrow will be more fall like weather. Our classrooms were so uncomfortably hot and steamy, I gave the kids a lot of water breaks today

NYKAREN