Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    ^^^ wait, is that george burns? ^^^
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and could easily pass for 25 (ppl incorrectly guess my age by 10+ years all of the time). Funny thing is...I definitely look better (objectively) at 37 than I did at 25.

Take care of your skin now! Wear sunblock and moisturize!
    Me too! I'm 38. I usually get carded. People's mouth drop when they hear I have 2 kids in high school
  • kathygodleyclark
    Options
    I think most people find youthfulness attractive. However, most folks I feel ultimately try to connect with a person on a higher level than just attractiveness. Being attractive may pull someone in, but being interesting will cement the relationship. My goal is to be happy and the best that I can be no matter what my relationship status (I am widowed since 2004 and single parenting/caregiving for a sick mother ... haven't had much time for dating.) The way you feel about you is way more important that what anyone else thinks. Reach your goals, girl!
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    But Raquel Welch is still pretty smoking hot at 76.

I guess I'll disagree, in that while she is hot for 76, she was hotter in Barbarella.

Yeah, it sucks, but people get less attractive as they age and, in general, it is worse for women (in the eyes of most men). Looking around the gym, I see older ladies who are fit and in better shape than I am (not difficult to be) but they are not as attractive as the younger women. Somehow (and it may just be the straight guy in me talking here) I don't see as much of a difference between younger and older guys if they are in shape.

It's not right, it's not fair and it is no reason to not improve your health.

Hope I man'splained that well.

Don't worry. And guess what, we find the 25 year old guy working out at the gym a lot more attractive than the 45 yr old guy. But then I am sexually attracted to men, and I'm assuming you're not - so I can better see the difference. Also, there is a difference between finding someone incredibly attractive and being willing to be with them in a relationship. Sure the 20yr old is smoking hot, wouldn't actually date him though.

For the record, been married to the same person for 26 years. She has always been better looking than me. But, yeah. She did look better then. But I was also skinny when we got married and she still is, not like me.

I couldn't deal with a 20 yr old. I've sat behind them in movie theaters. Nope. Don't care what they look like.

Great. Now I've offended the 20 yrs olds here. I'm doing well today.

I love the honesty! I think (in general) women seem to worry more about their looks than men do.